Fry's Electronics Computer Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fry's Electronics Computer Sales Interview Questions

1.8

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Computer Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics in September 2011.

Interview

2 interviews fairly standard
tried to figure out where to put me i think
they hire constantly

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fry's Electronics

Anonymous Employee in South Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (South Houston, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

2 phone interviews and 4 person interview each 1:1 interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Plano, TX) in February 2009.

Interview

After following up with a few phone calls, I was finally scheduled a first interview, which also then turned into my second in the same day. The following week, I was called in to do my drug test, and I took the commission + minimum wage offer.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was brief and informal, done by one of the store's managers, however, presentation (dress code) matters so don't come walking in wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

Depending on your experience and which departments have open positions, you are allowed a little bit of freedom to choose where you want to work. The job is retail sales regardless. You will be dealing with customers.

You have to complete a drug test before you can begin working. The paperwork is filled out for you and this is done off-site.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you did at one of your previous job positions.   Answer Question
    • Explain a section of technical experience that you mentioned on your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Austin, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Application is usually located at a a small table right when entering the store. Always hiring since turn over is pretty high. One interview with store assistance manager or sometimes Customer service Department manager. The interview is short and quick, usually only one round. Most of the time you will be hired as a Customer service associate then you will be assign which apartment you wish to go to after a week or two.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Webster, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

You will be required to attend three interviews and answer certain questions. Between the interviews you will be asked to take a drug test and come back. Third and the last interview is with the store manager, who also makes the final decision.

Computer Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics in May 2012.

Interview

1st interview was with the computer sales manager and he asked me a couple of questions about the latest Intel and AMD CPU and their names. Then followed a 2nd interview with sales department manager and went through my experience and sales background. He’d mention to me that when hired, it will be a 3-week of training and the wage will be based on $10 an hour. After 3 weeks, it will be 100% commission sales with minimum wage draw, which means if one doesn't make a minimum of 35 hours a week/minimum wage, the company will still pay you the difference, but when you made over the minimum wage next week, they will deduct from it. Anyway, think of it as 100% commission. Next day, a 3rd interview was with the store manager. Basically, once you are at this stage, you are 99.99% hired. Store manager explained to me about the commission and the draw and I'd mention to him that department manager mentioned it to me yesterday. I've asked him during the interview, instead of 3 weeks of training period, I would like to shorten it to 1 week and go right straight to the commission after the 2nd week. He was reluctant to say ok, but will keep the door open after my 1st week of training.

Interview Questions

• What are the latest CPUs offer by Intel and AMD?   1 Answer
    • What peripherals can you offer a customer after they purchased a computer or a laptop?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Basically, there is nothing to negotiate about because it is a 100% commission job. My suggestion is that ask for 1 week of sales training instead of 3 weeks. Since, it doesn't make any sense to live with minimum wage for another 2 weeks or more. Also, this would show your aggressiveness in wanting to make money. And that's what they want to see and also this is the purpose of going for a 100% commission job.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (San Diego, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Just a quick very informal 1:1 Session where I was asked several computer hardware related questions. Make as if a customer wanted to build a computer for a certain ammount and for the purpose of gaming. What I would recommend.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the difference in speed of different models of solid state drives?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. It was straight from the 1:1 with questions about yourself, and finally being told to fill out some background check paper work and the position I would have. During the questions phase they did ask if my schedule was flexible. This would be the time to talk about hours. That's it. No talk of what the pay would be.

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Burbank, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Submitted an application in store. Within a week an interview was scheduled. 1 not private interview standing in the back of the Burbank, CA location. 2 days later 1 interview with store manager and then I was hired on the spot. Drug Test required within 1 day of being hired.

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (City of Industry, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Very easy just got asked the basic questions. nothing to really worry about. Theyve had a lot of changes recently so i dont really know how the hiring process is anymore but i dont think its too bad still