Fry's Electronics Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fry's Electronics Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2016

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Meet with three district managers and then the last manager that interviews you and ask of you'll accept $8.00 for pay. You can negotiate your play but it's not certain that you will receive it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fry's Electronics

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Plano, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

The application process was really easy to get through. They had a desk where the applications were. Once you finished filling out the application, you got to the behind front checkout and hand them your applications. The interview itself is easy. The'll ask very easy questions and give you a worksheet to fill on why this job will beneficial to you

Interview Questions

• What did you apply for Fry's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed at a cash register, alongside other interviews going on farther up and down the far side of the front check out area, but it didn't feel too, too awkward. I interviewed with two department managers and then had a few words with the store manager before being hired. The questions were pretty standard for an entry level customer service/sales position, really mostly about just getting you to demonstrate your communication and customer service skills in person on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is important to you, what motivates you, personally?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview

I filled out the application in-store on a Monday. On Wednesday, I got a call from one of the Customer Service Supervisors asking what time I could come in next Monday for an interview. That Monday, I showed up dressed as a regular Fry's employee (white dress shirt, tie, black dress pants, black dress shoes). A few other people were also there waiting to be interviewed with me. We all got interviewed 1-by-1. The store manager is the one who interviewed me. The interview was your average interview; no trick questions were asked. Once the store manager decided he wanted to hire me, I was told the only thing stopping me from being hired at this point is a drug test. I got the drug test done (urine, not blood) the next day. The same week, I got another call from a Customer Service Supervisor saying my training schedule that would last a week starting next Monday.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview

Get an application at the location you would like to work. Fill out your application and turn it in. You will then receive an interview. You only have to do one interview and will be asked to go and take a pre-employment drug test (must be completed within 24 hours). Once you complete the test you will be called to start.

Negotiation

You can negotiate your schedule

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview

They don't have online applications so you have to walk in and fill out a physical application. I did so and was directed to the end of the back line of registers, where I waited for a while since everyone there was helping customers.

Eventually the manager came by, asked me a couple questions, said that they were looking for cashiers, and asked when I'd be free to interview. We ended up scheduling it the next day.

I came in the next day, waited a while for him to show up, and then he asked me a few more simple questions ("Why do you want to work at Fry's?" etc.) and then described the pay a bit. Minimum wage with some commissions based on how much you ring up. I think they usually do 2 interviews, but he got approval from some other manager to just hire me on the spot. He gave me a form and directed me to a nearby drug testing facility. I started the next week.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Arlington, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Pretty simple, they have applications at the front of the store. I filled one out and got called the next day. I then scheduled an interview for next week for the role of Computer Component Sales. The questions were pretty straight-forward (types of components and what not). I had 24 hours to schedule and pass a drug test, then I started working the next week. However, when I came in, they placed me in Customer Service instead of components like I asked. I wasn't very happy with that, but hey, you don't always get what you want. The first week was just training, then after that, you are kinda on your own. They don't do a good job of training, meaning if you screw up, you get fired. All in all, its an average company to get you some experience.

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (San Marcos, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Long expect to be waiting for a couple of hours The interview is broken up into three sections. Frist Section is an interview by a Supervisor from any of the departments. The second phase is by the manager of a department that has some interest in you, will ask more questions about the specific department. The thrid interview is by the store manager or the store's assistant manager. The job offer is offer at the end of that interview.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview

Don't have criminal history and there is a good chance you can get hired. I was hired with almost no experience. The hiring and interview process is very systematic and the people in the store almost don't care who they hire; they come up with their own individual ways of determining whether or not they like the person. Interview Questions are the same for everyone. They are the usual questions ie. what are strengths and weaknesses, why do you want to work at Fry's, what did you like best about your last job, what did you like least about your last job, etc. so the more important thing is PERSONALITY. What they often look for, even in operational departments, is sales and promotion potential. Do you want to move up in the company? Do you like people, do you like selling? Most managers like these features.

There are normally 3 interviews. The first two are normally done by Department Managers, and the third is by the Store or Assistant Store Manager. Sometimes, they separate these interviews on different days depending on who is in the store that day.

Sometimes, you might have a creative manager who will ask you different question that is not on their sheet.

Come in a Fry's like attire (for males: white dress shirt with tie, dress shoes, and belt... optional suit/blazer)

Interview Questions

• Point me to the department that sell televisions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (San Marcos, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

They had a bunch of us lined up against the back wall for a while and had us wait for a very long time. Eventually some of the supervisors came over and interviewed us, we interviewed with two supervisors and if passed through we would do an interview with the store manager. The wait between and before interviews seemed unnecessarily long. Don't be nervous if you really want a job they will usually hire just about anyone that is capable.