Fry's Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tier I IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

They called me and ask about a brief history of my education and previous working experience. Then they proceeded to schedule an interview in person with me. It was a simple phone call.

Interview Questions

• How would you direct someone find out their IP address?   1 Answer

Computer Repair Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Fountain Valley, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was not able to get interviewed. A nasty woman manager told me "we can't hire you with hair like that!" I said, like what? she said "we don't men people with long hair" I was in disbelief and walked out of that place. Should i sue?

Wireless Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Absolutely disappointing. Now I understand why the position is always open. As soon as I started the interview, the wireless sales manager says "In order to be here, you have to make a commission higher than your pay rate, or you're fired." That's not the way I'd expect a MANAGER to start an interview; he didn't even ask me my name or anything about my experience. I decided to walk out of the interview because he was very abrasive and unprofessional.

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (San Jose, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, a few days later I got a call (on Saturday). I asked for the address, the person said that I can find the address on google and that I need to ask the manager when I come to the interview. When I came to the interview, I asked a security guard where I can find a manager. He answered me that I should go to the window number 53. In a window was empty. I was have paid attention after 10 minutes. A man (Merchandiser) came up to me and asked to fill out a form. After 10 minutes a woman from the Department of Audio-Video сame up to me and began to ask questions. No technical questions. Then she went to the first man, and they began to talk to each other. A man came up to me and he said that the position to which I was applied does not exist and he invited me to be a salesman. I just lost my time. I do not recommend Fry's Electronics.

Interview Questions

• I understand that you have more than 12+ years of experience, do you have A+ certificate? this position required A+ certificate   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview

It was a pretty straight forward, just asked me questions about myself. Literally easy questions like what college I went to, where I was from, why I wanted to work for them; things like that. I arrived about 10 minutes early and he had interviewed me right when I came, the interview was about 5 minutes. Pretty cool guy.

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I showed up as asked, slacks with a button down and a tie with some dress shoes. The manager of my future department if I was hired went over my application with me to make sure everything was correct. Then my future manager asked me if I knew what commission was and explained that is how I would be paid. She explained it anyways and how Fry's pays their employees every week. Lastly she asked what other languages than English did I know. After she sent me to the store manager who looked at my application and asked me some questions regarding my future department and then explained when and where I should get my drug test done by. After he told me if I did it within the time I would be hired if I passed the test and I left.

Interview Questions

• What did I know about information wise between amd and intel?   Answer Question
    • How I would go about selling a laptop or computer to someone?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

they will hire just about anyone. they do a three stage interview process. having a little knowledge of the department you are trying to go into will not hurt.

Computer Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Webster, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

You will be required to attend three interviews and answer certain questions. Between the interviews you will be asked to take a drug test and come back. Third and the last interview is with the store manager, who also makes the final decision.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied and they called me to come in at an appointed time for the interview. When I got there there were several other people waiting in line for interview times that were 30 minutes before mine. I ended up spending two whole hours going through 2/3 of the interviews. I would also like to point out that they initially lost my application and then found it later. The first interviewer was their Computer Sales Director/Manager. He was very straight forward/business-like and told me that he thought that I would fit in the position and would tell me if I answered a question right or wrong after he asked me one. He was probably the most nerve-racking part of the interview. I stumbled some mostly because I came absolutely unprepared, thinking that this was going to be a simple no-brainer type of job but I didn't realize how seriously they took the position. The questions that were asked were pretty ordinary job questions and others were specifically targetting the interviewee's ability to sell in the future. The Computer Sales interviewer made it clear that they were looking for someone who was bright, adept at selling and ambitious. They wanted someone who could make a lot of money quickly. The second interview was done in a room to the side instead of at one of the deserted registers with another director/manager and he continued with asking more generic work questions. Then he got to the meat in which he asked me to be honest if I would be willing to transfer to continue working at Fry's during the school year (since I am still in college) and I told them probably no. This would be a liability for them since it would mean costs from training me. He told me that he would leave the rest up to the last interviewer who also had the power to decide whether or not it was worth training me for just a summer's worth of work. That person was not at Fry's that day so he told me if they thought it would be worth it I would be phoned in a few days.

Interview Questions

• "If this product here was newer and faster but gave you no commission while the other product was an older version but had fewer errors and paid you commission, which would you try to sell to the customer?"   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (San Diego, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I talked to maybe two managers I sat on a bench until they were ready to interview me when they did they just ask me personal questions Where I worked and what's my availability

Interview Questions

• where do you work before applying here?   1 Answer