Fry's Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 7, 2017

1.8

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Arrived on time and waited 20 minutes for the manager to meet with me and five other people applying to the same position. Had us introduce ourselves and talk about our background work experience. After that asked us what we knew about merchandising.

Computer Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Renton, WA).

Interview

I was brought to the cafe and met with the department manager. Couple minutes later met with the assistant store manager and asked about where I see myself in a few months in this company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in this company in the next few months.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate anything.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I came in and applied in person and was told I'd get a call back for an interview, got a call after 2 weeks to come in, they brought me into the back registers and was interviewed by 3 different managers. It was confusing at first but for the most part easy.

Cafe Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview

The interview was pretty much straight forward. Asked about work ethic, how I work with a team, what do I do with an angry customer. Just come in with a button up shirt, tie, dress pants, dress shoes, and shave and you'll be fine.

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

Filled out application form in store, called in, made to stand waiting around for someone to come interview me, then passed onto store manager. Asked me a lot of questions that I had already been asked by the person prior, then pretty much kept asking why I would be good for the position.

Computer Repair Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Fountain Valley, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was not able to get interviewed. A nasty woman manager told me "we can't hire you with hair like that!" I said, like what? she said "we don't men people with long hair" I was in disbelief and walked out of that place. Should i sue?

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (New York, NY).

Interview

I spent 30 minutes waiting for the right manager to come meet me, filling out another application even though I'd already applied online, then waiting for the manager to return.

Computer Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Buffalo Grove, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was fairly informal, but the position they advertised wasn't the position they were hiring for. They advertised a computer technician position, but I found out at the interview that they start new employees as sales representatives and promote from within. I felt that was misleading, and a shady tactic to lure people in with the promise of a better job when the actual likelihood of getting into the advertised job was relatively small since the sales representatives have such a high turnover rate and are terminated fairly often. The interview itself wasn't bad, but the entire process felt like a waste of time. I was offered a position managing inventory for them after I turned down the sales position, but the pay rate they offered was insulting.

Interview Questions

• What qualifications do you have?   1 Answer

Salesman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Renton, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Tell me about a time that you were positive in a certain situation either at work or school that shows your personality for this process. Rate the experience for us please.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Campbell, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process for me was checking what skills I had which section is be good in and it was simple. Plus I was also given the chance to work in a simpler area and an area where I knew more.

Interview Questions

• What do you you know about computers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no chance to negotiate.