Fry's Electronics Computer Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fry's Electronics Computer Sales Interview Questions

1.8

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Campbell, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I talked to a department manager who asked me a few technical questions. We had a short conversations. He already wanted me for the job. Fry's always has openings. He then got the store manager out and he asked me a few more questions about my information. He then proceeded to get my employment forms and I got the job. Super easy interview

Interview Questions

• "Tell me something about yourself? What kind of person are you"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Did not apply online. Applied with paper and pen. About a week later was told to come in and interview 7 days after being contacted. Went in, and had two interviews. One with the department manager, the other with the store/assistant store manager. That same day they had me take the drug test. A few days later got told I had the job.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Fry's Electronics?
      If you are leaving another place, why are you leaving them?
      What type of sales experience do you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was brief and informal, done by one of the store's managers, however, presentation (dress code) matters so don't come walking in wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

Depending on your experience and which departments have open positions, you are allowed a little bit of freedom to choose where you want to work. The job is retail sales regardless. You will be dealing with customers.

You have to complete a drug test before you can begin working. The paperwork is filled out for you and this is done off-site.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you did at one of your previous job positions.   Answer Question
    • Explain a section of technical experience that you mentioned on your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

You interview with the manager from loss prevention, to see if you are a security risk. Then you talk with the manager from the department you are applying for. Lastly you talk with the Assistant Store Manager or the Store Manager. Lastly you have to take a drug test. All of the interviews are 1 on 1 and they are essentially checking to make sure you aren't a flight risk, security risk and that you can perform your basic job.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous jobs.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Fishers, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a very easy three step interview. I did the first and second interview right after I turned in my application. I would have had the third the same day but the Store Manager was busy. Came back for the third interview which was basically and hour or the Assistant Store Manager talking about himself and was asking to submit and drug test within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Fry's Electronics?   1 Answer
    • What kind of sales experience do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I showed up as asked, slacks with a button down and a tie with some dress shoes. The manager of my future department if I was hired went over my application with me to make sure everything was correct. Then my future manager asked me if I knew what commission was and explained that is how I would be paid. She explained it anyways and how Fry's pays their employees every week. Lastly she asked what other languages than English did I know. After she sent me to the store manager who looked at my application and asked me some questions regarding my future department and then explained when and where I should get my drug test done by. After he told me if I did it within the time I would be hired if I passed the test and I left.

Interview Questions

• What did I know about information wise between amd and intel?   Answer Question
    • How I would go about selling a laptop or computer to someone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Wilsonville, OR).

Interview

Fry's entry interviews are a three-step process. First you are contacted by one of the Customer Service Supervisors, who are usually left to recruiting and training concerns. Following this, an interview with the manager of the department you have applied for. Finally, you'll be invited to an arbitrary meeting with the manager or assistant manager of the store where an offer of employment is usually made.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Decline the offer. Fry's is a miserable place to work and the promises made by management cannot be trusted. If you do expect anything from them, make sure it is in writing and ironclad. Several co-workers and myself all suffered because of failure to deliver by the employer, both on transfers to different departments and promotions.

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Oxnard, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

In person application process only.
    Walk in, ask for management, turn in application.
    Either wait for call, interview on spot or reschedule.
    I spoke to four different mangers. The first one just sort of talked to me about how to sell and answered all of his own questions to me. The second one was the store manager who was polite and asked me basic questions about myself and why I wanted a job with the company. The third one screened me more so, look at the interview questions below. The fourth one asked me the same basic questions but was the actual manager for my department. Good times. Felt easy though looking back.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about sales?
      Do you know how to qualify a customer?
      Do you have sales experience?
      Are you okay with commission only pay?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied in person, called for interview after a week, the interview was very easy. i was interviewed by a manager to talk about what department i want to work at and my skills then department manager to talk about the paying system then the store manager when i got the job offer and the drug test papers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Webster, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

You will be required to attend three interviews and answer certain questions. Between the interviews you will be asked to take a drug test and come back. Third and the last interview is with the store manager, who also makes the final decision.