Fry's Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

1.8

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Downers Grove, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied at indeed.com and got an email from the supervisor telling me that they had reviewed my resume and wanted me to come in at a certain time. A lot of people were there, but we did not have a group interview. I was asked to fill out an in-store application and then talked to two separate department managers before talking to the assistant manager. They gave me the option to take a few days to think about the offer, but I took it instead.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied in store at the Phoenix location. I brought in my resume and asked to speak to a manager and he gave me an application. I heard back from them about 3 weeks after. they called me for an interview, and I went into the store but they told me that the managers were having a meeting that I had to wait an hour plus. so I went home, and I called an hour later and told them I had to leave(cause I wasn't going to wait that long to get interviewed, like why call if you knew you had a meeting?) so I called and told them it was unprofessional, and they excused themselves and told me to come in again for an interview. I came in the next day and talked to a department manager and she just asked me about my previous jobs and what I liked the most and least about them, very brief. then she said she was gonna get someone else to talk to me. Then the store manager spoke to me, I went into his office and he just asked me a little bit about myself and then told me to do a drug test, and that he had to check my background, and if that turned out fine, that he was going to call me back to get me into the schedule. (still waiting for a call back.)

Interview Questions

• what did you like and dislike about your previous jobs?   Answer Question

Negotiation

just be real.

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (San Jose, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, a few days later I got a call (on Saturday). I asked for the address, the person said that I can find the address on google and that I need to ask the manager when I come to the interview. When I came to the interview, I asked a security guard where I can find a manager. He answered me that I should go to the window number 53. In a window was empty. I was have paid attention after 10 minutes. A man (Merchandiser) came up to me and asked to fill out a form. After 10 minutes a woman from the Department of Audio-Video сame up to me and began to ask questions. No technical questions. Then she went to the first man, and they began to talk to each other. A man came up to me and he said that the position to which I was applied does not exist and he invited me to be a salesman. I just lost my time. I do not recommend Fry's Electronics.

Interview Questions

• I understand that you have more than 12+ years of experience, do you have A+ certificate? this position required A+ certificate   1 Answer

Service Technician A+ Certified Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

It was on the spot, had to wait for the second interview, ended up being hired at first to a different dept. then moved to the service dept. Seemed kind of rushed, like they were in a hurry to fill a hole.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

Unorganized interview process managers did not keep a list of how many candidates were being.interviewed when j showed up for my interview they had no record of it so had to find someone to complete the interview so I waited over an hour before I got interviewed because of the mix up

Interview Questions

• Why did I think I should be hired for the position what quality or skills did I possess that made me a good fit for the position I was applying for   1 Answer

Electronic Components Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Fremont, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I picked up employment application on the table on my way in. I did fill up the paper and give to the store supervisor. Then the Electronic Components Sale department manager came to interview me. Then the store manager interviewed me second time. Finally, I took the job and left. They wants me to have health checkup asap so I can start next week. I'm kind a shock the whole process went fast and smooth.

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Campbell, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I talked to a department manager who asked me a few technical questions. We had a short conversations. He already wanted me for the job. Fry's always has openings. He then got the store manager out and he asked me a few more questions about my information. He then proceeded to get my employment forms and I got the job. Super easy interview

Interview Questions

• "Tell me something about yourself? What kind of person are you"   Answer Question

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Did not apply online. Applied with paper and pen. About a week later was told to come in and interview 7 days after being contacted. Went in, and had two interviews. One with the department manager, the other with the store/assistant store manager. That same day they had me take the drug test. A few days later got told I had the job.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Fry's Electronics?
      If you are leaving another place, why are you leaving them?
      What type of sales experience do you have?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview

It was a pretty straight forward, just asked me questions about myself. Literally easy questions like what college I went to, where I was from, why I wanted to work for them; things like that. I arrived about 10 minutes early and he had interviewed me right when I came, the interview was about 5 minutes. Pretty cool guy.

Computer Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was brief and informal, done by one of the store's managers, however, presentation (dress code) matters so don't come walking in wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

Depending on your experience and which departments have open positions, you are allowed a little bit of freedom to choose where you want to work. The job is retail sales regardless. You will be dealing with customers.

You have to complete a drug test before you can begin working. The paperwork is filled out for you and this is done off-site.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you did at one of your previous job positions.   Answer Question
    • Explain a section of technical experience that you mentioned on your resume.   Answer Question