Fry's Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 8, 2017

1.8

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2017.

Interview

I had two ten minute interviews with the appliance/wireless and computer department managers. They hired me on the spot and I spoke to the store manager right after my interview about my schedule.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were in a stressful situation and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Computer Repair Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Fountain Valley, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was not able to get interviewed. A nasty woman manager told me "we can't hire you with hair like that!" I said, like what? she said "we don't men people with long hair" I was in disbelief and walked out of that place. Should i sue?

Cafe Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview

The interview was pretty much straight forward. Asked about work ethic, how I work with a team, what do I do with an angry customer. Just come in with a button up shirt, tie, dress pants, dress shoes, and shave and you'll be fine.

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

Filled out application form in store, called in, made to stand waiting around for someone to come interview me, then passed onto store manager. Asked me a lot of questions that I had already been asked by the person prior, then pretty much kept asking why I would be good for the position.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (New York, NY).

Interview

I spent 30 minutes waiting for the right manager to come meet me, filling out another application even though I'd already applied online, then waiting for the manager to return.

Computer Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Buffalo Grove, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was fairly informal, but the position they advertised wasn't the position they were hiring for. They advertised a computer technician position, but I found out at the interview that they start new employees as sales representatives and promote from within. I felt that was misleading, and a shady tactic to lure people in with the promise of a better job when the actual likelihood of getting into the advertised job was relatively small since the sales representatives have such a high turnover rate and are terminated fairly often. The interview itself wasn't bad, but the entire process felt like a waste of time. I was offered a position managing inventory for them after I turned down the sales position, but the pay rate they offered was insulting.

Interview Questions

• What qualifications do you have?   1 Answer

Salesman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Renton, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Tell me about a time that you were positive in a certain situation either at work or school that shows your personality for this process. Rate the experience for us please.

Wireless Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Absolutely disappointing. Now I understand why the position is always open. As soon as I started the interview, the wireless sales manager says "In order to be here, you have to make a commission higher than your pay rate, or you're fired." That's not the way I'd expect a MANAGER to start an interview; he didn't even ask me my name or anything about my experience. I decided to walk out of the interview because he was very abrasive and unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Campbell, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process for me was checking what skills I had which section is be good in and it was simple. Plus I was also given the chance to work in a simpler area and an area where I knew more.

Interview Questions

• What do you you know about computers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no chance to negotiate.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview

My first interview was with the computer department manager, asked behavioral questions and explained the position and duties. Two days later I interviewed with the store manager and was asked another set of behavioral questions. The managers were very nice and the interview went smoothly.