Fry's Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 10, 2017

1.8

Computer Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was brief and informal, done by one of the store's managers, however, presentation (dress code) matters so don't come walking in wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

Depending on your experience and which departments have open positions, you are allowed a little bit of freedom to choose where you want to work. The job is retail sales regardless. You will be dealing with customers.

You have to complete a drug test before you can begin working. The paperwork is filled out for you and this is done off-site.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you did at one of your previous job positions.   Answer Question
    • Explain a section of technical experience that you mentioned on your resume.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Meet with three district managers and then the last manager that interviews you and ask of you'll accept $8.00 for pay. You can negotiate your play but it's not certain that you will receive it.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics in March 2016.

Interview

it was horrible and quick the manager just approved of me because they just want people to fill schedules and do the manual labor that the other people do. this place is honestly the worst place to ever join you may as well join the kkk or the illuminati

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

You interview with the manager from loss prevention, to see if you are a security risk. Then you talk with the manager from the department you are applying for. Lastly you talk with the Assistant Store Manager or the Store Manager. Lastly you have to take a drug test. All of the interviews are 1 on 1 and they are essentially checking to make sure you aren't a flight risk, security risk and that you can perform your basic job.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous jobs.   1 Answer

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

2 interviews at same day by department and 2nd and final one was with Store Manager.
    they don't disclose your pay at the time of interview. I got to know my hourly pay on the day of joining.
    secondly 20% discount for associates is on very limited merchandise. it was the most unprofessional place in my 4 years professional career.

Interview Questions

• all questions was related to my past job and experience relevant to the position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

they don't even disclose what they gonna pay you

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Duluth, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

At first I was a bit nervous. I never worked in a store this big. After waiting for about 30 minutes for the interview I was asked to come to the office. So as soon as I sit down, I see this interesting gentleman and as I waited for the questions to come. He said, you know your last name is well known from where I came from, and he looked up and gave me a smile. After that, things went pretty smoothly.

Interview Questions

• What hours am I looking for?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics in January 2016.

Interview

First of all it was me and 3 other people and I waited there 2 hours before they even interviewed me . Two different people interviewed me and it was quick when they started . And after the sent me straight to take the drug test and when you passed they call you which takes two for orientation .

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work here ? What makes you best fit for this job ?   1 Answer

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

Answer very basic questions such as strengths and weakness. Also, do not need to be A+ cert. but do have 90 days to get it if hired. Store is busy but prepare to wait even if you are on time. Still it be good to be there early anyway. dress formal and answer the best you can

Interview Questions

• What is your goals in the next few years   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

Interview

I was interviewed by a manager that actually looked into my name. It was a smooth process, I let them understand the overall goal I was trying to meet, and thy put me in a position that would work with it.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Plano, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

The application process was really easy to get through. They had a desk where the applications were. Once you finished filling out the application, you got to the behind front checkout and hand them your applications. The interview itself is easy. The'll ask very easy questions and give you a worksheet to fill on why this job will beneficial to you

Interview Questions

• What did you apply for Fry's?   1 Answer