Fry's Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fry's Electronics Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

1.8

E-Cage Associate Interview

Interview

When I was interviewed in 2008, you were sat down with the hiring manager in Customer Service, then the assistant manager for the second and the store manager and the manager for the department you'd be hired into for the third. Mine happened all in the same day.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics in October 2015.

Interview

Each interview took up over an hour of my time. I had three seperate interviews. The second one was supposed to be at noon, I showed up 5 minutes early and waited until 4 to FINALLY be interviewed. The interview questions were basic, the usual. They took over two weeks to get back to me after taking the drug test.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed at a cash register, alongside other interviews going on farther up and down the far side of the front check out area, but it didn't feel too, too awkward. I interviewed with two department managers and then had a few words with the store manager before being hired. The questions were pretty standard for an entry level customer service/sales position, really mostly about just getting you to demonstrate your communication and customer service skills in person on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is important to you, what motivates you, personally?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Duluth, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Filled out application and was asked to return for an interview the following day. After 30 minutes of waiting to speak to someone, I was asked a couple of questions by a department manager. Fairly straightforward questions. He then left and another department manager came to talk to me. After that, they took me to the store manager for yet another interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at frys?
      Do you know about the history of frys?
      Are you knowledgeable in electronics?
      Why do you want to work in sales?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

They were very stubborn and did not offer room to negotiate

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Fishers, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a very easy three step interview. I did the first and second interview right after I turned in my application. I would have had the third the same day but the Store Manager was busy. Came back for the third interview which was basically and hour or the Assistant Store Manager talking about himself and was asking to submit and drug test within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Fry's Electronics?   1 Answer
    • What kind of sales experience do you have?   1 Answer

Audio Video Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The first interview consisted of very basic questions and the interviewer notified me that the interview would count as both the 1st and 2nd interview and that I'd have the '3rd interview' with his boss on the following day.

In the second interview I was asked questions about my knowledge of the products (which I had/have none of because I applied for cashier, but they called me anyway).

Interview Questions

• Name some of the top TV manufacturers.   1 Answer
    • Name some of the top Camera manufacturers.   1 Answer

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Fremont, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

There are generally 3 reviews, apparently I was overqualified so they skipped the second interview. You're sat down with multiple managers and they ask you they're questions, it really depends on what position you are applying for. In my case multiple managers came in to talk to me however your experience could be different.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Fry's?

What prior experience do you have working with computers? Have you ever worked on phones or
      Answer Question

PC Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was... interesting.. I was called to come into the store 5 times within a month's period without even having an interview. Most of the time I just stood there waiting. When someone finally came to me, they told me they were gonna let me talk to someone else. When that person came, he asked for my name, the position I applied for, and how much I'm looking to make. Then told me to go take a drug test and to come in for my orientation 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• What position I applied for.   1 Answer

Appliance/Wireless Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward and didn't take too long. But, it was very professional at the same time. The interviewer wasn't aggressive in any way and understood how much I needed the job and experience, considering I just graduated from college two weeks before I accepted the job.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2015.

Interview

What can you bring to the company? Why do you want to work for us? How was your Fry's shopping experience in the past? How knowledgable are you about computers?