Fry's Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 7, 2017

1.8

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Fremont, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

There are generally 3 reviews, apparently I was overqualified so they skipped the second interview. You're sat down with multiple managers and they ask you they're questions, it really depends on what position you are applying for. In my case multiple managers came in to talk to me however your experience could be different.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Fry's?

What prior experience do you have working with computers? Have you ever worked on phones or
      Answer Question

PC Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was... interesting.. I was called to come into the store 5 times within a month's period without even having an interview. Most of the time I just stood there waiting. When someone finally came to me, they told me they were gonna let me talk to someone else. When that person came, he asked for my name, the position I applied for, and how much I'm looking to make. Then told me to go take a drug test and to come in for my orientation 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• What position I applied for.   1 Answer

Appliance/Wireless Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward and didn't take too long. But, it was very professional at the same time. The interviewer wasn't aggressive in any way and understood how much I needed the job and experience, considering I just graduated from college two weeks before I accepted the job.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2015.

Interview

What can you bring to the company? Why do you want to work for us? How was your Fry's shopping experience in the past? How knowledgable are you about computers?

Software Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (San Jose, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Stop by the location you want to apply. Fill in the application and give it to them, and then wait for the call for the interview. They should call you in about two weeks, otherwise you should call them to ask about your status. This way is faster than applying online. You will be interviewed two times by two people. They basically ask you same questions but the 2nd person is stricter.

Interview Questions

• Interview was easy. They ask you some basic question like introduce yourself. Which position you want to work. Hint: you should dress nicely and show your confidence   Answer Question

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I showed up as asked, slacks with a button down and a tie with some dress shoes. The manager of my future department if I was hired went over my application with me to make sure everything was correct. Then my future manager asked me if I knew what commission was and explained that is how I would be paid. She explained it anyways and how Fry's pays their employees every week. Lastly she asked what other languages than English did I know. After she sent me to the store manager who looked at my application and asked me some questions regarding my future department and then explained when and where I should get my drug test done by. After he told me if I did it within the time I would be hired if I passed the test and I left.

Interview Questions

• What did I know about information wise between amd and intel?   Answer Question
    • How I would go about selling a laptop or computer to someone?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics.

Interview

They called me and invited me for an in person interview and then agreed on the time, then the interview day was a one on one with the assistant store manager who was very nice by the way, but he only asked about three questions and then told me to wait for a few days and they'll reach out to me.

Interview Questions

• Just one in person interview and basic interview questions like what are your previous work experiences, why choose fry's, how do you handle an angry customer situation, etc.   Answer Question

E-Cage Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Woodland Hills, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

You fill out an application there or at home, putting it in a box, and wait. I got a call the very next day saying there would be interviews held the day after that. I showed up at 11:00 at the back registers, and it took a couple of hours for the interviews to start. Once they did, the department manager took me up to one of the further registers, asking some pretty standard questions, why do you want to work here, what experience can you bring to the company, et cetera. After that, several people are sent home, with those remaining getting a brief interview with the store manager. Again, more pretty standard questions, we discuss what the position will be, and the drug test. You go, take a drug test and turn it in that day if you can.

I was called nearly a month later to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to work at Fry's?   1 Answer

Tech Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Quick description of the job duties, and what is expected of you. They ask what experience you have related to the job opening. Wasn't asked the usual job interview questions. It was basically, "Can you do this job?", answered yes, they said come Friday for a drug test. That was it.

Merchandiser/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fry's Electronics (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

For the hiring process I applied in store and got a call about a month later for an interview. When I arrived for the interview I had to wait 55 minutes past the scheduled interview time to finally get seen by someone and only after I asked multiple employees for my interviewer. The first day I did two interviews with two department managers and the second day I was interviewed by the store manager and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to the team if we hire you?   1 Answer