Fulbright Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fulbright Interview Questions

Updated Dec 22, 2016

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Fulbright.

Interview

Easy really. It was a skype interview with about four people, most of which were from the commission. They asked mainly about things you already put in your resume. Make sure you research your country and current events that are happening in the world.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good candidate for a Fulbright in Poland (your country)?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fulbright.

Interview

Submitted an application and was automatically selected. Had to describe past experiences with teaching; why I wanted to apply to Fulbright, and what I could bring to the table with regards to teaching experience and cultural adaptability.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Fulbright.

Interview

Long, elaborate process. Start early, especially with your proposal/affiliation and to solicit recommendations. There's an initial national round, ending sometime in January, followed by interview with host countries in late winter. My interview was really relaxed, just answering a few questions about logistics and explanations for small parts of my grant proposal. If you get that far and have a well thought-out proposal, don't worry about the interview at all.

Interview Questions

• How will you improve your language skills enough to carry out your project?   Answer Question

Fulbright ETA Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fulbright.

Interview

I was interviewed a few years ago by my university for a Fulbright ETA position in Jordan. Questions were about what I was going to do in my time outside of teaching.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if you are unable to do your research project outside of being an ETA?   Answer Question

On Site Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fulbright (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

After submitting a paper application you will interview with three Shanti Bhavan Staff Members. The first two will differ, and will be former employees in the role you are applying for, and the last will be the Director of Operations.

Interview Questions

• You will have a variety of tasks and many different people who you are reporting to, who are not always communicating with each other. How will you handle having urgent projects from each of them?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Fulbright in January 2014.

Interview

I sent in an application through my university and was contacted 5 months later for a Skype interview with a team in Mexico (the country I applied to), conducted entirely in Spanish. They wanted to know about my background in Mexico as well as my goals for my year in the country. They asked about my credentials and why I wanted to teach English, and what sort of experience I had teaching English. They also tripped me up asking what sorts of negative experiences I might expect from my year in Mexico, and I had to be very careful navigating those.

Interview Questions

• What sort of extra projects did I want to get involved in in the community?   Answer Question

Fulbright Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Fulbright in January 2014.

Interview

- Extensive application via the ETA process
    - Multiple application drafts with global department
    - First interview with university Fulbright rep, received feedback on application
    - Second interview with Fulbright interviewing staff, received feedback on application
    - Got referral letters, sent application and received first round acceptance
    - Accepted first round offer and got final offer 1 month later
    - Placed at a university

Interview Questions

• - Why do you want to go to your host country?
      - What do you know about the Fulbright?
      - How do you plan to carry out your project?
      - Experience working on elements of project?
      - How do you plan to get funding for your project?
      - What experience do you have in business and teaching settings?
      - Internship experience working with teams
      1 Answer

Full Research Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Fulbright.

Interview

An extensive screening process required by my university, including submitting multiple drafts for editing, interviews, language evaluations, and recommendations. When my proposal was recommended States-side for Russian consideration, I was interviewed over Skype in Russian by Fulbright employee.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very brief, mostly a language evaluation. However I was asked to describe my project and my motivations in pretty lengthy detail, which took some preparation as it was all in Russian.   Answer Question

Fulbright ETA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wooster, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fulbright (Wooster, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

The process involves a written application, with 2 essays (a personal statement and a project proposal), 3 letters of reference, transcripts, short answers, and an on-campus interview. The written part was much more difficult than the other parts. Each university has a set number of students they can recommend after the on-campus interview. I was interviewed by professors that knew me already so I was very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging part of your study abroad?   Answer Question

Fulbright ETA (Indonesia) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Fulbright (Washington, DC) in September 2013.

Interview

Submitted an application through my university in September. Was interviewed by my coordinator and 2 other judges. Received a favorable review and submitted my application on the website in October. Found out I was a nominated candidate and made it through the first round in mid-January. Received my acceptance letter and offer documents by early March. Left in late August.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is the GDP per capita in Indonesia?
      2. What is the population of Indonesia?
      1 Answer