Fund for the Public Interest Canvasser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.0

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest (Bellingham, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was told to show up to a room on WWU's campus. I was told briefly about the Fund, then taken for an individual interview. During the interview, though I did not realize this at the time, I was lied to multiple times. At the end of the interview, I was offered a job as a field manager. This was not the job I was offered when I began working for the Fund.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone said they didn't know why canvassing was important?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fund for the Public Interest

Canvasser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest.

Interview

Someone call you first to see if you qualify some how in the job environment. You then go to a group interview where someone gives all of us a summary of what we would be doing. Then we are called one by one.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you dealt with someone that was difficult and didn't not want to hear you out.. Something like that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

There was a 30 min group overview session, then fill out an application and write a little essay on the back, while you wait to be called. when called there is a 10-15 min interview.

Canvasser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest.

Interview

It was a really, really easy set of interviews. First, I got a phone call, then I met with an interviewer in-person. The questions are basically what you'd expect from a non-profit looking to recruit. They will tell you about their current campaign that you will be working on. The whole interview is probably scripted, but that's not at all uncommon.

Interview Questions

• What interests you in working with Fund for the Public Interest?   Answer Question
    • What are some examples of times when you've demonstrated leadership?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

A few people were scheduled for the interview. It started with one person talking about the campaign and his story of how he got involved. Then it went to individual interviews

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a person who cared about the issue but didn't want to sign a petition or donate?   1 Answer

Canvasser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest in June 2016.

Interview

Started out in group info meeting where managers gave overview of the cause pay opportunities as field manager etc, had a chance to describe your previous experience + passion in application, then individual interviews. Best piece of advice I have is to care for the cause you're canvassing for; it's obvious if you're not into it. This job doesn't seem to be something you want just to get either- you're giving a lot of effort for not much personal reward.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important issue in our society, why, and how can it be solved?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I applied online, a day after I was called for an interview. They asked me generic questions like why do u want to work here? Where did you hear about us? Why do you think you are a good fit for this position.

I got the job right away. It was an easy interview.

Canvasser Interview

Interview

The process is that have campaigns where they get people to work for these jobs.They schedule to have the interview. There is a second process based on the location of the hometown.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

They asked really simple questions and it seemed to me like they would hire anybody. I didn't take the job due to all of the reviews I've read, but my first warning sign was that they wanted me to memorize verbatim a rap in just a day. It was clear that they would hire anybody, but I was desperate after having my temp job ending just a week before.

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest (Eugene, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

I spoke on the phone to a director for about 2 minutes and then she said come in tomorrow for an interview, so I did. Once I was in the office the next day, it didn't even take 10 minutes before they decided to give me a chance in the field the following week, but if I didn't raise a certain amount in the first 3 days, I'd be let go. Then once I made staff, the quota increased and failure to meet it could eventually result in termination. It shouldn't be that easy to be hired and fired so quickly. It should be way more competitive when it comes to being let on staff so that they are certain you'll be good for the job even if you miss quota from time to time. As long as you have proved your worth, you should be set for however long you wish to go door to door asking for donations.