Fund for the Public Interest Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

1.9

Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

A few people were scheduled for the interview. It started with one person talking about the campaign and his story of how he got involved. Then it went to individual interviews

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a person who cared about the issue but didn't want to sign a petition or donate?   1 Answer

Canvasser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest in June 2016.

Interview

Started out in group info meeting where managers gave overview of the cause pay opportunities as field manager etc, had a chance to describe your previous experience + passion in application, then individual interviews. Best piece of advice I have is to care for the cause you're canvassing for; it's obvious if you're not into it. This job doesn't seem to be something you want just to get either- you're giving a lot of effort for not much personal reward.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important issue in our society, why, and how can it be solved?   Answer Question

Assistant Canvass Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

1 phone interview
    1 skype interview

There was a lot of go between for the interview scheduling. They are not the most punctual people when it comes to returning emails or phone calls. I know some people were interviewed and hired over several weeks because of this issue. Unless you are in the close proximity to where you are applying prepare for a several week ordeal.

Interview Questions

• Name one thing that was challenging in your professional career, and how you overcame it.
      How would you handle fundraising
      have you ever worked on a political campaign
      how do you feel about our current issues
      Are you easily discouraged
      What are your political interestes
      Answer Question

Field Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest (Bethlehem, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

The people that interview you are nice and friendly! You typically end up working with them day to day too so it's a good to remember names. Very relaxed process, and they focus more on whether or not you have the right attitude for the job.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest.

Interview

They invite 10 or more people to sit in a room and call your name to an office for a quick interview and summary of the job. They simply only care that you are okay with canvassing for crazy amount of hours by selling the idea that you get paid on commission for each donation you get from canvassing. It is manipulative and the job posting is usually a lie and won't mention the amount of canvassing you need to do (everyday for about 10 hours).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Canvass Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest.

Interview

Had a first round interview that took about a half hour on the phone, very casual and relaxed. Led to a second round interview being offered on the spot. Second round interview was about 45 minutes and on Skype, also very relaxed.

Field Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest (Tallahassee, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Was called into a group training session, followed by a Skype interview. Very easy, just be cautious of the answers you give. During the call, i was informed of the responsibilities of field managers and canvassers and what to expect during the employment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

I'm Not Sure Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

He hired me over the phone after knowing me for 10 mins. I could definitely tell something was up but that was extremely unprofessional. I started with a conference call with two other morons and then had a "personal" interview. WTF?

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest in April 2016.

Interview

Was contacted for a Skype Interview the day after I submitted my application. My interviewer was really friendly, and made it seem like a really good place to work. She was interested in getting to know me and my values, and then we moved on to logistical questions.

Interview Questions

• Name one tricky situation where you were in a position of leadership, and how did you handle the conflict.   Answer Question

Field Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fund for the Public Interest (Chapel Hill, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

A group interview, which is then followed by a private interview where they explain the job and give you an opportunity to get involved in the campaign right away. Very friendly atmosphere.