Funny Or Die Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Funny Or Die

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Started with a quick phone call in which the recruiter explained what Funny or Die was and what the position was for. Then you did a quick coding test over CoderPad to manipulate Strings (i.e. reverse a String... etc.) . If you did well there you were brought in for an onsite. There you'd get a deeper talk about what Funny or Die is planning to do and what your role will be. Then you receive a code exercise to build a feature out of funny or die. The challenge was fun.

Interview Questions

• Build out the first screen of Funny or Die given our API.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Funny Or Die (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Connected through my university, sent cover letter plus resume. Interviewed with two people who described the job and then offered it to me. Easy enough if you have a passion for comedy.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Funny Or Die in March 2018.

Interview

It was extremely laid back and casual. It was more of a conversation than a "formal" interview. Two managers of the internship called and asked general questions about plans after graduation, what you wanted to do, and why you would like to work here. It was more of them getting to know your personality, rather than your qualifications or knowledge.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Funny Or Die.

Interview

I had a contact that got me an interview with a higher up employee first before getting an interview with my manager. Higher-ups are pretty nice, but low level managers can have a stuck up attitude.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Funny Or Die (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2007.

Interview

Very quick response to my application, within an hour. First there was a phone screening, then later that week, a one on one interview with the hiring manager, then interviews with other people in the same office, then on a different day a phone interview with a person who was on vacation at the time but interacted closely with the role, and finally there were phone interviews with the team in the Los Angeles location.

Interview Questions

• How would I improve the site to increase the traffic levels   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask for what you want, they won't lowball you but it seems as though salaries and benefits are consistent across the board so there will be a defined range for your position and you probably won't be able to go above it. Also I believe that as the company grows the stock option grants are getting smaller and smaller (but the stock is still going to be worth something one day, almost surely!)

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Funny Or Die.

Interview

We had a video chat as I was not in NYC. He was very kind and friendly, complimented my resume, said they usually bring people by the office to see how they mesh with the other employees, but I was unable to fly to NYC to do so.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing after being an assistant? (as it is an entry-level job)   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Funny Or Die (San Mateo, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Invite for an interview came quickly, but it took more than a month for them to decide on hiring, which might have been just lack of employees coordinating executives' calendars..

Funny or Die seems like a fun place to work. People are very relaxed and I would imagine nice to work with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Funny Or Die (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

It was very basic with little formatting questions. They ask you if you are passionate about the company and why you want to work there. They also tell you it is simple duties.