Furniture Row Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Furniture Row Assistant Manager Interview Questions

1.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Furniture Row.

Interview

3 interview process. You go through the manager, then assistant, then regional manager. The company wants to learn if you have the personality to sell, and how you are at building relationships in your life. There will also be questions on drug history and driving record. The key thing is just be honest, don't try to hide anything and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Furniture Row

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Fort Collins, CO).

Interview

The 2nd interview is done by the DM. This person asked illegal ?s. Even asked about childhood friends and family members that had nothing to do w/the job.

Interview Questions

• Who was your best friend growing up. Where do they live?
      Why did you get divorced?
      Mulitple inappropriate ?s, comments.   Answer Question

Negotiation

We are offering the position for $$$. Call back to discuss start date.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Furniture Row in December 2012.

Interview

As many have pointed out here, a furniture row interview is weird. After being in management there, I can tell you why. They figure their ideal candidate came from a stable home life and has a positive role model (teacher, parent, sibling, coach, etc.) They will not hire anybody with recent drug use, felonies/jail time or most misdemeanors, and they avoid people with backgrounds in bars and car sales. The interview is indeed lengthy, because they want to watch you. They believe if you are answering a question and your eyes move left then it suggests you're lying. No joke. The owner has relatives in some gvt intelligence agency and they claim that's where this practice originates. They will not check previous employers and I never heard of anyone who had to drug test, but if you are hired and they later discover dishonesty during the hiring phase, you may be dismissed. Overall, though, the probing personal questions are not difficult to answer unless you came in all psyched for the usual interview stuff like 'what's your greatest strength'.

Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Terre Haute, IN) in September 2011.

Interview

It was a 3 step interview, one with the assistant manager, one with the store manager, and one with the regional manager. The one thing that they stress is relocation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Furniture Row in November 2010.

Interview

It was an exceptional process. You start interviewing with both the assistant and store managers and get interviewed with the regional if you get passed along. It can be a lengthy interview (2-6 hours) depending on what they want to know from you. They want to know more about you, your personal life, your family and how you grewp up than about what experience you have, its really refreshing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasnt one, its commission.