Furniture Row Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Denver, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

There was a very extensive interview process. i started at a job fair which landed me an interview with the district manager. After your interview with the district manager there are two more interviews that you have to go through. one with a cooperate entity and then another with the manager that you will be working with. background needs to be clean and they are very strict with drug and alcohol policies.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the future of this company?   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Denver, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

2-3 interviews, depending on urgency to hire. First with a manager at the store. About 30 minutes and very basic. Last interview with Regional Manager is very long and very personal. My interview lasted 2 hours and 45 minutes. Most go at least 2 hours and some over 3. They will ask personal questions regarding if your parents are divorced (very much prefer to hire people whose parents are not divorced), if you use drugs, if your friends or family use drugs (will not hire you if you or anyone you knows uses drugs), and background criminal & financial. The interview lasts so long because they re-ask the same questions hoping to catch you in a lie.

Interview Questions

• What your parents do for a living and if they are still married. If you are married.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Furniture Row in October 2014.

Interview

It is a three step interview process, with three different levels of management. My first two interviews were the same day and the final interview was the day after. I was contacted with an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is not much to negotiate, but the company offers great unbiased opportunity as long as you are willing to relocate upon promotion.

Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Peoria, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

There is a 3-interview process: first with the manager, then with the assistant manager, and then with the regional manager. Each of them ask you pretty much exactly the same questions. The purpose of the interview is not to see if you are well-qualified for the job. The average person is already qualified in the sense of having the intellect and ability to speak. There are two purposes for the interviews: a) for the company to find out about your character because the company values that more than anything and to b) have you understand the heart of the company. I spent a good hour with my regional manager telling him about myself as a person, hearing his story, and then a bit of the logistical stuffs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the story of (your name).   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Furniture Row in July 2016.

Interview

They ask about who you are and what you like to do. The problem is they do not care. I was asked about my childhood and time in the military along with everything about my family. They forgot to call me and tell me that the next interview was canceled because I did not want to relocate. I just moved here and during the first interview it was discussed in great detail as to why I moved here. I explained I have family and a strong friendship network here and wanted to start at the bottom and work my way up if possible. I was not there to take anyone's job. I just wanted a new career to where I could support my family. I went in for an interview with the store manager only to meet him and tell me the assistant manager should have called me to cancel. It is sad that leadership cannot communicate and that they have no integrity.

Sales Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennewick, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Kennewick, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

3 interviews. they are trying to eliminate you, i know, i did them. they are looking for 0 drug history, 0 tolerance, you will be fired if you lie. they are also looking for a wholesome background with solid relationships with someone in your life. answer the questions honestly and be genuine, or you won't get hired if they feel like you're hiding something. they don't care what you have done for work history, they care who you are. unless you've worked in a bar or been a car salesman, they generally stay away from them. the rest really doesnt matter as long as you're willing to work hard and a good person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation possible. as a sales person you get 5% of sales up to 30k/month, 6% for 30k-50k/month and 7% for everything over. you also get 5$ for a credit approval, or anywhere from 9$ - 200$ for product warranties, usually 20-30$ per. I think as an assistant manger you then also get 0.4% of whatever the total store volume is if I remember right and 0.6% as store manager, anywhere from 1.5 mil for a small store to 10 mil for a larger. $12,500$ upon full store manager promotion usually a 1.5-5 year deal depending mostly on you.

Sales Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Springfield, MO) in May 2013.

Interview

Best interview ever. They really get to know you. 3 hour final interview. 3 different interviews with store and assistant managers and final with district. Most like a conversation and not a boring interview.

Interview Questions

• All difficult. Honest questions and expect honest answers. Looking for integrity and open people. No recent drugs history and no violence in your background.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is not a negotiation phase. Company pays the same for everyone.

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Furniture Row.

Interview

Very detailed process to make sure you are a great fit. Explained up front what is expected as a new hire and requirements for advancement. Noting hidden during the process and all questions answered directly.

Negotiation

NA

Sale Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Denver, CO).

Interview

The most invasive interview I have ever experienced. They asked illegal questions and made it a point to tell me about the founders religion. Then I had to go to 2 other interviews in different parts of the city.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about past drug usage, relationships with my family, why I wasn't married. They even asked me about my religion. I wouldn't go back to this store to shop if they were the only place in the city that sold oxygen.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Johnson City, TN).

Interview

BE HONEST otherwise they will fire you 6 months down the road