Furniture Row Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Furniture Row

2.7

Sort:

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Furniture Row in August 2013.

Interview

Very odd interview process. I had three interviews - one with the store manager, one with the assistant, and then one with the regional. Not the standard interview questions - at times I felt more like I was in therapy than a job interview. Lots of very personal questions, some about family status that felt inappropriate, if not downright illegal. Lots of questions about criminal history, drug use - kept pressing me to admit I had some criminal charges in my background, when I genuinely don't. And then I was informed that they apparently do a CIA - level background check, which seems a bit much to sell furniture. (It's nice furniture, but it's not *that* nice.) Honestly, I was kind of creeped out by the whole thing. The weird interviews, plus the fact that the job is commission only, makes the company seem a little sketchy. It felt like being recruited to join a cult instead of a normal retail store. No thanks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your fourth grade teacher.   1 Answer

Pay was based on commission alone. Company seemed weird and interview felt invasive.

Anonymous Employee in St. George, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Furniture Row (St. George, UT).

Interview

Asked a lot of very personal questions that didn't seem to have anything to do with my employment capabilities

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation - 100% commision

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Littleton, CO) in March 2008.

Interview

recruiter set up initial interview. sat with panel and answered many behavioral questions. also many experiential questions (e.g. who has had the greatest impact on your life?). was asked many personal questions. culture seemed insular, closed off.

Interview Questions

• What gets you out of bed in the morning?   1 Answer

Better Offer elsewhere

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Denver, CO) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview was very positive. We were laughing and sharing background stories. I was feeling very good about the it and then he asked if I had ever had any run-ins with the law. Up until that point I was feeling very confident. I wasn't going to lie, so I told him that I had a minor misdemeanor charge. He wanted me to tell him about it. I told him when I was 21 I went swimming in a neighbors pool at night and they called the cops. I also told him that it was a deferred sentence and that it was dropped after 6 months of staying out of trouble.
    He stated that he really liked me and that so far was the number 1 choice for the position. He also stated that even though he liked me, he couldn't guarantee I would be chosen for the position. I felt that he could have run my background check instead of making me feel horrible in the middle of the interview. I never received a call back.

Interview Questions

• "Have you had any run-ins with the law?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Denver, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

lots of personal questions and people to speak with
    Phone interview was extensive
    2nd and third interview was extensive with lots of personal questions
    did working interview for 5 hour shift
    training is minimal
    lots of down time when not selling

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Spokane, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

short of taking a DNA sample, I have never been so grilled in my entire life about such unimportant things. They somehow think that by "Shrinking" you, they can actually tell if you are the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how your grandparents influenced your life?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Lafayette, IN) in August 2010.

Interview

3 interviews total. 2 with store management and final with regional manager. They focus heavily on family life because they are looking for good quality people. If you aren't caring for your family then most likely you aren't caring for customers and employees. Be prepared to talk about your personal life for 30-45 minutes.

They are a drug free work environment. You can't have any drug use within one year if you're younger and 3 years if older. You have to be 100% against drug use. They will ask if a friend is doing it around you what would you do and they expect you to say leave or ask them to.

They do a very in depth back ground check (court ordered-look it up) if you don't disclose something they will fire you once they receive the background check.

I was a former hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Furniture Row.

Interview

This is a three interview process, which can take some time depending on if the regional manager is readily available or not. The interviews focus more on your personality and character, they hire for attitude and potential more than experience or ability.

Interview Questions

• What's the worst thing you ever did where you didn't get caught?
      Tell me the story of you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There's no negotiation. It's 100% commission and you will be getting treated just like everyone else, new hire or 10 year veteran. There's a lot to be said in favor of that!

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Furniture Row.

Interview

Very involved, 2-3 step interview. The interviewers are trained to ask leading questions that make you feel somewhat cornered. They seem to have a pre-determined suspicion about you and are trying to get you to confirm that suspicion, but they do it with a smile and a story about themselves to try and trap you. Weird.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you smoked pot?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Denver, CO).

Interview

Three step interview process. Was a great opportunity to learn more and get to know what the job really would be like. Interview was very casual and fun. I felt comfortable in all three interviews. I felt the interviewers were sincerely interested in me.

Interview Questions

• They really wanted to know who I was as a person. My education or experience didn't matter so much.   1 Answer