Furniture Row Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Furniture Row

2.7

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Denver, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

This company is developing such a poor reputation, they will hire just about anyone with a pulse. During the interview, ask if you will be cleaning very gross public restrooms.

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Furniture Row (El Paso, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

It is a three phase interview. First interview is with the store's management team, Second interview is with the regional manager, and the third interview is with a person from corporate

Interview Questions

• The key to the interview is to be 100% honest/. Integrity is essential to this company   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Furniture Row in April 2012.

Interview

family questions. all about relationship with family. they don't care about any experience. only that you are not a dysfunctional person. make sure you have a drivers license. shows responsible

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Albuquerque, NM) in March 2015.

Interview

Very personal. You will be asked about your relationships with family and friends, and some intimate details. If you lie during your interview they will find out and fire you no matter what. It's based on integrity and honesty. You probably won't have to take a drug test but, you will be asked about your drug history. In which they will act like your best friend to get the truth out of you, but deny your employment if you tell them you have done drugs or committed crimes. I knew someone there who told them he graduated high school but, when they asked him for his diploma, which they will, and he couldn't find his original, so they fired him over it. Long story short, they will get VERY personal during the process.

Interview Questions

• How are your relations with your parents and what do they do? When was the first time you smoked pot?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Long interview process for entry level position. 3 levels of interview . questions were easy and more behavioral types . sometimes need to wait for month to get last interview by reginal manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Corona, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I was recently interviewed by Furniture Row and asked:

Questions about why my parents' divorce
    Questions about my roommates and what they do for a living
    Questions about my landlord, his name, his career, and what he thinks of me
    Questions about my siblings, their marital status, and their careers
    Questions about my marital status

If you look up Furniture Row on glassdoor.com, there are a lot of other complaints from people who were asked ILLEGAL questions during their interviews.

Why does Furniture Row continue to ask inappropriate and illegal interview questions? What can I do to report this company to the appropriate government agency or pursue legal action?

Interview Questions

• Asked to explain why my parents got divorced. This was "difficult" and "unexpected" mostly because it was wildly inappropriate.   1 Answer

Creepy and shady interview process. Company sends out private investigators to interrogate your friends, family, landlord, etc. Morally reprehensible.

Anonymous Employee in Sherman, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Sherman, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Stupid. I had to do 3 different interviews. I was then told to put my two weeks in, I had the job. After that I had zero communication. I called 5 times and went in the store 3 times before they told me my actual start date.
    VERY INVASIVE. I was told they would talk to my previous landlords, friends, all previous employers, even neighbors. Wanted to know very intimate details about every aspect of my life.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done drugs in your entire life? Even experimented? How is your relationship with each of your parents? Why are they that way? Why are you with your husband? If I call your neighbors what would they say? Tell me why you don't have children.

by the way- if you tell them that the questions feel invasive they will get VERY offended.   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Draper, UT) in September 2014.

Interview

3 interviews once by the asst. man, once by the gen. manager, and once by the regional manager. they ask you a lot of questions about you, and your family. they ask you if hired would you like to move into management, "hint". the only way to be a manager is to be transferred out of state. they give you scenarios and ask how you would react to them. they ask about your last job, and how you performed. they ask you to give examples in your previous jobs on how you were an example to others, and how you stood up to your peers when something was going wrong. Then they can call you to let you know if you are hired.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about your family.   1 Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Furniture Row (North Little Rock, AR) in May 2015.

Interview

Very long interviews there are 2 to 3. You meet one on one with the manager of the department and you will also meet one on one with the district manager.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Furniture Row.

Interview

Applied online, Interviewed in person with store manager. Filled out another Application. Process was almost painless. Manager was very nice and understanding. I have no prior furniture sales experience, which he was glad of.