Furniture Row Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Furniture Row Interview Questions

Interviews at Furniture Row

2.7

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Furniture Row.

Interview

Applied online, Interviewed in person with store manager. Filled out another Application. Process was almost painless. Manager was very nice and understanding. I have no prior furniture sales experience, which he was glad of.

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Centennial, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

2 or more people grill you for hours asking ridiculous questions about your childhood and force you into conversations which are surely illegal. Should have been the first clue at what the culture would be like when treated like some kind of criminal in the first 5min.

Interview Questions

• How did my parents treat me as a kid   1 Answer
    • Was was third grade like   Answer Question
    • Indirect questions about religion that danced all over the line which not completely crossing it. Uncomfortable none the less.   Answer Question
    • Grilled about drug use like you were a criminal and guilty before being proven innocent. Continued and for worse after MJ legalization in many of the markets where stores were. Meanwhile I know for a fact many top level folks smoked MJ, abused pills, and drank on the job.   Answer Question

Sales/Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Denver, CO) in December 2009.

Interview

I met the Store MGR. Submitted App. Chatted a bit. Set up interview next day w? Asst Mgr. Met with Asst Mgr. Set up Interview for next day for Store MGR. Will be one more after that with Distrct Mgr.

Interview Questions

• 5) Tell me about your most recent brush with the Law.
      6) Tell me about your last encounter with alcohol.
      7) Tell me about your last encounter with drugs.
      8) Are you on prescription drugs?
      9) Do you have any questions for me?
      10) Have I answered all of your questions satisfactory?   Answer Question
    • 1) Tell me about yourself, starting from childhood.
      2) Who in your life has influenced you the most?
      3) Who has next impacted your life the most?
      4) This position requires moving as advanced. How do you feel about that?   1 Answer

E-commerce Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

I filled out the application and was contacted by email to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. After the in-person, there was what they called the audit. The experience took a while, but they want to make sure they have a good fit.

Manager Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Johnson City, TN) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process is extremely long. You must go through three different interviews all about two to three hours long. It's not a extremely difficult interview but it is intense. They tell you they are doing a court ordered background check and they can find anything. I'm not sure if this is true, but I had nothing to hide. They tell you they are looking for people of high integrity.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Sales Associate/Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Furniture Row.

Interview

The manager seemed more concerned with telling me all about himself than learning about me. I was told I would only be there for 30-45 minutes and was there for over 2 hours. The entire process was unprofessional and a waste of my time.

MCS Candidate IS the Real Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Columbia, MO) in March 2012.

Interview

Three interview if you pass all of them. First two are with assistant and store managers and third is with regional (called an audit). Always go into the store to apply...I am not sure where the online applicants applications are going but I never received them as a store manager to set up interviews.

Interview Questions

• Lifestyle questions....what makes you tick, pet peeves, family background, who were you in highschool? Honesty, integrity is valued above most all other aspects.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating. $600 week for first 6 weeks of training and then you are on your own to sale commission. All employees go through this. They only hire managers from within and with a proven record...typically takes 6 months to become assistant and if you're good you can become a store manager in about a year and a half to 2 years. Honestly, though...$600 week is on average pretty low...they pay you well, I would never complain about that.

MIT/Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Furniture Row in June 2017.

Interview

Very long and extremely invasive. They ask several illegal questions, and get to in depth into your personal life. They have the worst follow up! I was interviewed on a Monday asked to come back the next day for a second interview and was told would be called back later that day to set up the final and third interview. They told me that I should stay around so I hung around town and waited hours. I finally called and was told the regional manager had already left and they would call me in a few days to reschedule the interview. I waited a week and called again to follow up. I was told that the regional manager was out of town but they really wanted to get me in to meet with him and I should call back to follow up in a week. I called again a week later as requested and was told they would call me in two weeks as that is when the regional manager would be back at the location. I think it is absurd to make a candidate have to keep following up and never give updates. It is extremely rude and unprofessional. After the runaround and invasive first two interviews I would not accept a job with this company anyway and will be filing a complaint for the illegal questions which are well documented. There are too many furniture stores around that offer better service. I would not give this company my business again and will make sure that others know about their lack of professionalism as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your childhood   1 Answer
    • Are you married? What does your spouse do? What is his name?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Draper, UT) in March 2019.

Interview

Apparently interviewing them is likened unto talking to a police officer or a priest. Felt like I was on an episode of Law and Order. The questions 3 managers asked me wanting me to confess every sin I have ever done. Ridiculous. It is a junk furniture store get over yourselves. I should have forgotten about ever applying here after the first interview. “They try to cloak their questions with “we just want to get to know you better”. My childhood is none of your business. Questions that were asked “Did you come from a broken home?” Pardon? What does that have to do with selling furniture? I was asked my age (not legal) and a various assortment of other illegal questions to ask in an interview. I am disgusted that this company exists.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you were ashamed of something. Are your parents married or do you come from a broken home? Are you married? Do you have children?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Furniture Row in November 2010.

Interview

It was an exceptional process. You start interviewing with both the assistant and store managers and get interviewed with the regional if you get passed along. It can be a lengthy interview (2-6 hours) depending on what they want to know from you. They want to know more about you, your personal life, your family and how you grewp up than about what experience you have, its really refreshing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasnt one, its commission.