Furniture Row Sale Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Furniture Row

3.2

Sale Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Denver, CO).

Interview

The most invasive interview I have ever experienced. They asked illegal questions and made it a point to tell me about the founders religion. Then I had to go to 2 other interviews in different parts of the city.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about past drug usage, relationships with my family, why I wasn't married. They even asked me about my religion. I wouldn't go back to this store to shop if they were the only place in the city that sold oxygen.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Furniture Row

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Lafayette, IN) in August 2010.

Interview

3 interviews total. 2 with store management and final with regional manager. They focus heavily on family life because they are looking for good quality people. If you aren't caring for your family then most likely you aren't caring for customers and employees. Be prepared to talk about your personal life for 30-45 minutes.

They are a drug free work environment. You can't have any drug use within one year if you're younger and 3 years if older. You have to be 100% against drug use. They will ask if a friend is doing it around you what would you do and they expect you to say leave or ask them to.

They do a very in depth back ground check (court ordered-look it up) if you don't disclose something they will fire you once they receive the background check.

I was a former hiring manager.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Furniture Row.

Interview

This is a three interview process, which can take some time depending on if the regional manager is readily available or not. The interviews focus more on your personality and character, they hire for attitude and potential more than experience or ability.

Interview Questions

• What's the worst thing you ever did where you didn't get caught?
      Tell me the story of you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There's no negotiation. It's 100% commission and you will be getting treated just like everyone else, new hire or 10 year veteran. There's a lot to be said in favor of that!

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Furniture Row.

Interview

Very involved, 2-3 step interview. The interviewers are trained to ask leading questions that make you feel somewhat cornered. They seem to have a pre-determined suspicion about you and are trying to get you to confirm that suspicion, but they do it with a smile and a story about themselves to try and trap you. Weird.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you smoked pot?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Denver, CO).

Interview

Three step interview process. Was a great opportunity to learn more and get to know what the job really would be like. Interview was very casual and fun. I felt comfortable in all three interviews. I felt the interviewers were sincerely interested in me.

Interview Questions

• They really wanted to know who I was as a person. My education or experience didn't matter so much.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Wichita Falls, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Two pronged interview process. First the assistant manager/manager, then the regional manager. They ask you about your personality and may ask you about whether or not you know about the company's history

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an irate customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Denver, CO) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview process was two interviews, and each were about 2 hours long. One from the store manager and one from the regional manager. They almost ask identical questions so once you make it through the first interview you should expect a similar set of questions from the regional manager as well.

Interview Questions

• They asked many questions that were a little probing (i.e What do your parents do for a living). I thought their questions were odd, but I had no problem answering them honestly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Selma, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Selma, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

They asked a lot of stuff that had nothing to do with selling I've got 10 years and still didn't get hired. I got a lot of car business skills and plus the quality of people look like the rejects so if anyone is considering furniture row just go ahead and pass you can do better

Interview Questions

• Are my parents still married. Do you have any kids. What does integrity mean to you. Who are your role models. Whole process is screwed up   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Nashville, TN) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process is long and thorough. They ask everything about your life; family, parents, childhood, mistakes, achievements, etc. it is very personal and grueling but I think it's good because they know exactly where to place you and who to place you under for leadership by the time it's over. They want to know you so they know how to help you succeed.

Interview Questions

• What was your childhood like?   1 Answer