Furniture Row Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Furniture Row Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Furniture Row

2.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Furniture Row in May 2015.

Interview

In-depth. They ask you your motivations and why you think you can succeed. Background checks in depth as well. First, you apply on phone, but depending on the manager, they won't mind in person either. Coming back and checking every week may help to let them know you are serious.

Interview Questions

• Why would people buy from you when they're doing a million other things in their life?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Furniture Row

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Furniture Row.

Interview

It's a long process, 2-3 interviews. Tooke two weeks. General manager, assistant manager, then maybe the regional manager. Other people have had reviews where they are asked illegal questions. So far, both managers have been very very nice and completely real with me. I can tell they skip certain questions such as the ones that do not relate to me, which other people have been so there unfortunate as to have been asked. Good pay for a first job and worth the wait, otherwise take your chances at multiple places at one time for the best turnout, because this is not garuanteed

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Stay away, unless you feel like answering extremely personal questions that don't pertain to the position.

I interviewed at the one off I-35. The first few questions were ok, but then he started asking me very personal questions, like were my parents around during my childhood, what do my siblings do for a living, how tall are you, etc. I felt like I was on a date. When I asked him why he was asking such personal questions, he said that he had to. I asked him for the interview paper to see if those questions were on there, he said that it was against their policy. It was extremely uncomfortable and unprofessional. We didn't talk about the position once. I honestly believe that I had been a man in this situation, this would have gone a lot differently.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Furniture Row.

Interview

This was by far the most uncomfortable interview I have ever had. None of the questions I was asked were about the job or work at all. I felt like I was meeting a very bad therapist for the first time or was on a very bad first date. I wanted to get up and walk out on the guy. I honestly don't know why I didn't. When he asked me if I had any questions I started asking him questions about the job and he cut me off and ended the interview. I'm pretty sure the questions he was asking me are very much illegal. He said he would call me on Friday to set up a second interview. I will be respectfully declining.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Denver, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

This company is developing such a poor reputation, they will hire just about anyone with a pulse. During the interview, ask if you will be cleaning very gross public restrooms.

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Furniture Row (El Paso, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

It is a three phase interview. First interview is with the store's management team, Second interview is with the regional manager, and the third interview is with a person from corporate

Interview Questions

• The key to the interview is to be 100% honest/. Integrity is essential to this company   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Furniture Row in April 2012.

Interview

family questions. all about relationship with family. they don't care about any experience. only that you are not a dysfunctional person. make sure you have a drivers license. shows responsible

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Albuquerque, NM) in March 2015.

Interview

Very personal. You will be asked about your relationships with family and friends, and some intimate details. If you lie during your interview they will find out and fire you no matter what. It's based on integrity and honesty. You probably won't have to take a drug test but, you will be asked about your drug history. In which they will act like your best friend to get the truth out of you, but deny your employment if you tell them you have done drugs or committed crimes. I knew someone there who told them he graduated high school but, when they asked him for his diploma, which they will, and he couldn't find his original, so they fired him over it. Long story short, they will get VERY personal during the process.

Interview Questions

• How are your relations with your parents and what do they do? When was the first time you smoked pot?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Long interview process for entry level position. 3 levels of interview . questions were easy and more behavioral types . sometimes need to wait for month to get last interview by reginal manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Furniture Row (Corona, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I was recently interviewed by Furniture Row and asked:

Questions about why my parents' divorce
    Questions about my roommates and what they do for a living
    Questions about my landlord, his name, his career, and what he thinks of me
    Questions about my siblings, their marital status, and their careers
    Questions about my marital status

If you look up Furniture Row on glassdoor.com, there are a lot of other complaints from people who were asked ILLEGAL questions during their interviews.

Why does Furniture Row continue to ask inappropriate and illegal interview questions? What can I do to report this company to the appropriate government agency or pursue legal action?

Interview Questions

• Asked to explain why my parents got divorced. This was "difficult" and "unexpected" mostly because it was wildly inappropriate.   1 Answer

Creepy and shady interview process. Company sends out private investigators to interrogate your friends, family, landlord, etc. Morally reprehensible.