Future Publishing Limited Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Future Publishing Limited

Management Accountant Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bath, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Future Publishing Limited (Bath, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a competency based interview. To be fairly honest, it wasn't very hard interview, basic questions. There was some general questions and basic practical questions. The practical questions where based on reviewing some accounts on a balance sheet.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself? why do you think you are suitable for this position?   Answer Question

Staff Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Future Publishing Limited (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

This began with a formal offer after an informal inquiry as a regular (and well-trusted) freelancer for one of FP's publications.

The interview (with an editor and sub-editor) was relaxed, not at all stiff, but still professional. Being a known contributor, I was not asked to submit a portfolio, but otherwise I do know my work would've been given a lot of scrutiny with regards to length/hitting a word limit (writing tight prose to strict deadlines and often to quite small word counts is seen as a primary requirement). There was a lot of emphasis placed upon my specific experience with certain products and software, which was ultimately the most important consideration when Future eventually made their offer. Qualifications mattered much less than specific experience and knowledge.

Overall, my impression was that the editors interviewing me knew what they wanted and knew what to look for, but that they were also personable, relaxed people.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

IT Helpdesk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bath, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Future Publishing Limited (Bath, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

A really friendly relaxed interview, was more about getting to know me as a person than finding out technical experience. Very informative about the company and what to expect from the work environment and what would be expected of me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay Rises are more likely to come with Role increases at Future, so try to get as much money that you'd expect from the role applied for. Going in too low could be costly going forward.