Future Shop Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Future Shop Interview Questions

2.3

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Future Shop.

Interview

Hiring is straight forward. Basic questions about customer service and some situational questions are asked. Helps if you have good references. Plenty of such questions are available on the web, one needs to spend a max of 1 hours to prepare.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate, you make the higher of hourly rate or commissions

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Future Shop (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online, process took about a month. Got a phone interview followed by invitation to come in person and meet up with general manager. Phone interview included questions regarding your resume, past experience and customer service. General manager asked questions he had written on the paper in front of him. After he's seen that you seem okay, he explained details about the company. Got a call next day to sight the papers.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with theft?
      What would you do if you found out that your college is stealing?
    • Give an example of a great customer service.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Future Shop.

Interview

You get a call first, then they ask you to come into the store you're applying at and bring you into one of the small offices in the back. They ask you questions like any other interview, then tell you to go home and they'll call again if you have an offer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Interview

applied online first and then i got a called to go in for a person interview, bunch of HR questions on the phone first asking if i have experience working as a customer service, and i said yes, and i go in and did the interview with manager, answered bunch of useless questions and i got the job and i rejected it

Sales Associate/Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Future Shop in October 2014.

Interview

I initially applied online, filled out their questionnaire, and submitted my resume and cover letter. 3 days later I received a call from HR and they gave me a basic phone interview, which I passed, so they then scheduled an in-person interview with the assistant manager. The interview was very casual and the manager seemed pretty likeable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a busy day in your life and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

I was looking for a sales position, but there were none available. The manager offered me a position on the merchandising team instead, but I was unable to accept it because the hours were bad for me.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Future Shop in October 2014.

Interview

Steps:

-Online Application (resume, etc)
    -Phone interview (15 minutes)
    -Interview (in-person)

I was called a day after hiring started. After completing the phone interview with confidence, it only took another day to be invited for a real interview. I had something come up, and they were very understanding in moving the interview back a bit.

I wore a nicely pressed & fitted dress shirt, a slim patterned black tie, high quality Levi's, and some Clark's brown leather shoes.

They were impressed without me having to overdress for the occasion, but I'm sure as long as you out effort in your dress it's acceptable.

I was invited in promptly and sat down with the Assistant Manager who was very polite , relaxed & helpful.

After a few questions, the General Manager came in and he gave me a rapid fire interview about the department I was to be in charge of. It was challenging and gave me a good chance to prove myself.

Overall the atmosphere is very happy. When you walk in, you see smiles. I like that.

Interview Questions

• If someone comes in & asks you to fix their computer instead of the tech guys doing it (for whatever reason) what would you do?   Answer Question
    • If you see two employees gossiping, how would you react?   Answer Question
    • [Various scenarios of:]
      If three customers came to you at once, how do you handle it? What if two had more urgent schedules?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Because it's a set salary, the only negotiations that took place were over time. They were very flexible, and I tried to be as well.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Future Shop (Markham, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

2 rounds of interview, phone and in person, simple questions and it didn't take long, overall it was okay but the hours was crap as it was very unstable. Staffs were rude and they would steal customers / commission

Interview Questions

• what would you do if someone steals a 20 dollar bill   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Future Shop in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone interview the next day. After passing the phone interview, I was asked to come in the next day for an in-person interview with the assistant manager.

For the in-person interview, it did not happen on time and had to wait 30 minutes. One of the staff members told me to get familiar with the products in-store. Both interviews had similar questions, such as Why do you want to work for this company? How would you deliver excellent customer service? What are you most passionate about?

I asked about the hiring process and there is a third interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

• What is something that will get in the way of letting you doing your best?
      What are you most passionate about?

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Future Shop.

Interview

Applied online and received a call a few days later to set up an in-store interview. The lady who called was very nice and did a quick 5 minute interview on the phone to determine my skill sets and then set up the interview with the manager. Arrived to the interview early but had to wait about 20 minutes after the initial start time before the manager met with me. The interview (when started) was comfortable and the interviewer was very nice and made small talk during the interview about my interests.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position when you could be doing something else with our store?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Future Shop (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

Roughly 12 hours after I applied online, I was called for a phone interview but it was basic questions such as my availability and if I was still interested.

I had an in-person interview with the general manager in-store at her office. Was about 25 minutes and felt casual because she was very friendly. Asked questions, she shared analogies and she said I would be contacted by the end of the week (I was interviewed on a Tuesday).

I wasn't contacted until Sunday by the sales manager who called to offer me the job and emailed me the paperwork in three days to submit to the store ASAP.

Interview Questions

• We all make mistakes but we must learn from them. Can you tell me about a time when you made a mistake and what lesson did you take from it?   Answer Question
    • Do you consider yourself to be a competitive person?   1 Answer
    • Explain a time when you didn't get along with a coworker and what you did to resolve it.   1 Answer
    • What was the last item you purchased at Future Shop?   Answer Question