Future US Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Future US Interview Questions

2.8

Production Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Future US (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

My most recent job interview was a positive experience. The interview panel was a diverse team of professionals consisting of Publisher's, VP of Sales and Editors. They asked several questions about my qualifications and past experience. I came well prepared and was able to ask questions about the company as well.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle diplomacy when there are conflicts within your team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Great experience, additional vacation added as incentive to join.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Future US.

Interview

Interviewed with multiple people. It was so long ago things may have changed.

Associate Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Future US (South San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

A series of two phone interviews, each time with HR and different senior editors. I was out of state at the time, otherwise it would have been face to face.

Interview Questions

• What is the weakest thing about the site and how would you improve it?   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Future US (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Simple. Provided portfolio. Left with assignment. Had chats with many of the senior staff. All easy to chat with. The entire process was painless and I didn't need to dress up.

Interview Questions

• About design and knowledge of content. And about love of the content I would be designing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was. And it went as expected.

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Future US (South San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Fairly easy. Spoke with three people. The HR director at the time, my soon to be manager and another person in management. Very laid back interview. Really just wanted to make sure I knew what I was talking about. Those interviews were done by phone. Then I traveled to the office for 3 face to face interviews and I met with the team I would be working with for a group interview. The latter wasn't so much of an interview but I feel it was more so my new teammates could meet me.

Interview Questions

• What attracted me to Future?   1 Answer

Production Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Future US (South San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Very informal, mainly over emails and video chats. There's a relaxed feel to the questions from management, though that also felt like it was meant to get you to lower your defenses and say something you wouldn't normally. You chat with several of your would-be superiors, and then some of your potential coworkers as well. The most annoying part is waiting for HR to make an offer, because they seem pretty clueless on the whole process.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the table?

How would your previous experience help here?
      Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Future US (South San Francisco, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

I sent in my resume etc via email and only had a phone interview. Guess I did well?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Do not accept the first offer. Ask for more.

Online Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Future US (South San Francisco, CA) in May 2008.

Interview

- Applied for the job online and then heard back for a 1 on 1 interview in their office
    - Interviewed with two different people
    - Both interviews were 1 on 1 and scenario based
    - Know your resume well
    - Lots of fit and personality questions
    - No real technical questions about online marketing

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to persuade someone. How did you do it?   Answer Question

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Future US in July 2010.

Interview

the interviews were rather odd because it wasn't clear who would be working for whom and who would be making the final decisions. I returned twice, the second time presumably to help them decide between final candidates. one of the interviewers, a more senior one, was very candid about the management, salary negotiations, and the job. That person was the one that convinced me it was a job worth taking. unfortunately, he left not long after i started. The culture was described as "wacky" and "creative," yet when you got to the bottom of it, it's just like any other place. Management dictates the limits of creativity. Ask about room for advancement. Ask for job security b/c of prevalent layoffs. HR is very green and tends to spout the company line.

Interview Questions

• What salary are you making at your current job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was minimal. I was eager for the job and willing to concede too much. The company doesn't provide much in the way of upward mobility or salary reviews/raises, so remember that while negotiating.

Trading Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Future US in January 2010.

Interview

Telephonic and panel interview. 1 week gap between two. Lot of financial questions. Options pricing, strategies, derivatives pricing. Bonds, forex, swaps, FRAs, equity etc.