G.H. Bass & Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

G.H. Bass & Co. Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

1.7

Associate Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G.H. Bass & Co..

Interview

Heard back from HR right away and was set up with an interview in NY. Met with multiple people while there and heard back a few weeks later with an offer.

Store Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G.H. Bass & Co. (New York, NY).

Interview

The district sales manager placed a lot of emphasis on 5 minute training sessions with employees to maximize time. I was told the problems this store has and that I'd be working more right from the start. There is also very limited payroll and would be working alone most days. The DSM also told me about the great bonus structure and all the times she received one. I did not hear any examples of storyline employees receiving them.

Interview Questions

• The interview was mostly her telling me about the perks of company which if you really stop and think about them they aren't perks for anyone but the higher ups.   Answer Question

It was not beneficial for me or my career to come on board with them.

Anonymous Employee in Bellport, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at G.H. Bass & Co. (Bellport, NY).

Interview

I say with the assistant manager, she asked me about myself, my work and school experience. She told me about the position I was applying for and explained the duties, she asked if I could accomplish those task. She then gave me scenarios and asked for my opinion after all that, I was hired in the spot.

Interview Questions

• What's my favorite accessory and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cabazon, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at G.H. Bass & Co. (Cabazon, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Everything was very brief and basic. It took me about a week from turning in my application to getting an offer. The manager at the time was very relatable and made me feel comfortable. If you have an employee referral, the process will be much quicker.

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G.H. Bass & Co. (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

lasted a very long time and met with many different people. The actual interview was not so bad. The person interviewing me asked me a lot of basic questions and was really looking for someone immediatly at the time.

Interview Questions

I thought that this company was not the right fit for me

Anonymous Employee in Wesley Chapel, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G.H. Bass & Co. (Wesley Chapel, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Had a panel interview that consisted of 3 managers and 6 others employees. Was hired on the spot only because the store was new and they really needed employees.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important trait to have in customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntley, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G.H. Bass & Co. (Huntley, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

The hiring consists of me walking into the store and asking if they were hiring and getting an application. The following week they called me in for an interview. The interview was a group interview between me and another person. We were basically told what the job entitles, the pay, and the discount. It took about 30 minutes in total and within another week.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at G.H. Bass & Co..

Interview

Sat outside and was asked "tell me about yourself", work experience, etc. Then was given the opportunity to ask questions. Went inside and talked to another manager for a minute and then said they would call me in a few days. Called 3 days later and offered the position then asked when I could come in for orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Jc Penney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owosso, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G.H. Bass & Co. (Owosso, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

The Interview was very professional and She didn't ask a lot of questions but did explain everything very clearly. She was Very nice and seemed very interested but someone that had an interview before me, got it a couple days after.

Interview Questions

• When Would You Be Available?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lodi, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G.H. Bass & Co. (Lodi, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

3 separate interviews: recruiter, store manager, district manager. They look for enthusiasm, passion, and advancement drive in management. Must, repeat must be a sales person to succeed in the company.