G-Research Software Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

G-Research Software Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at G-Research

3.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

Very challenging process, you really need to know your stuff.
Every interviewer was obviously smart and easy to talk to.
There is online part + multiple onsites potentially.

G-Research is an amazing company and their interview process is the toughest one I've ever had.
I got an extremely good offer which I happily accepted.

Prepare for algorithms, data structures, system design and skill based questions. They expect you to generate production ready, clean and correct code.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for G-Research

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

An initial screening video call including a one hour coding test with Hackerrank. At the end there was a short time for answering questions about life at the company and the teams.

Interview Questions

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at G-Research.

Interview

Submitted Resume and was rejected a few days afterwards by email.

It seems like they do not accept students who would need visa sponsorship after graduation. There's nothing wrong (or illegal) about not being able to sponsor visas, through would've been good if they'd been up-front about this on their careers webpage and I wouldn't have bothered applying; overall, it just seems like a disrespectful way to treat candidates and leaves a bad taste in my mouth about the company (especially since they love to advertise their roles so heavily at my university).

So in summary, I would advise non-EU nationals to avoid - try first instead for other tech firms such as FB (where I had a great interview experience last year).

FYI, I also interviewed with Two Sigma (London office), for a SWE role where my recruiter was at least up-front about the fact that they wouldn't be able to sponsor visas; that is a much more respectful way to go about things.

G-Research Response

Feb 4, 2019 – Recruitment

Hi - thank you for your feedback. We do offer sponsorship for non-EU nationals, however, as per UKVI Legislation, we can only explore this option if the resident labour market is insufficient. In... More

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

The first stage is an online hackerrank testing technical knowledge.

The second stage is a day on-site involving four interviews and a free lunch, and plenty of opportunities to talk to current staff

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G-Research (Research (Australia)) in November 2017.

Interview

Had a HackerRank, didn't think I'd done too well but managed to get an interview. Had 2 standard technical interviews, a tour while they decided on whether I should have 2 further interviews, then I had the 2 further interviews that were less technical but still about software and my technical interests and to get an idea about the kind of team I'd want to work with.

G-Research Response

Dec 19, 2017 – Recruitment

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you had a positive experience, and we hope you enjoy your time working at G-Research!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

Take home programing question, if passed with correct answer, automatic interview. I cannot describe the interview itself but if u study hacker rank or leet code then it will help.