G&K Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.7

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

a phone screen with HR followed by on-site interviews with 3 people. Each was an hour long. People were all very nice. it was standard "tell me about a time when..." type interviews

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when your attention to detail saved the day   Answer Question

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bryan, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services (Bryan, TX).

Interview

Very easy and quick, started with a phone interview with simple questions. Next was a test with basic reading and math questions. Last a interview with branch manager, very laid back

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at G&K Services (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I interviewed first for the Territory Sales Representative position and then the Territory Sales Associate position. First, I had a phone screen with a recruiter. Then I went to the Orlando office for an interview with the hiring manager/District Sales Manager. My interview was scheduled for 8:30 am. Around 8:00 that day, I received a message on LinkedIn from the hiring manager who left his phone number in case I got lost. I get to the office to find no one there, so I decided to call the hiring manager. He said he had to step away for a situation and wanted to call me but didn't see my phone number on my resume, even though I know it's on there. He asked if I could come back later that day to which I said I wouldn't be able to, and then he asked if I wanted to wait as he expected to be back in about 30-35 minutes. I had time off of work to interview and was already there, so I decided to wait. Before he arrived, another interview candidate arrived for her interview. He came in 35 minutes after my call as expected. We met for about 45 minutes, and he had multiple resumes out in front of him, which I did not find very professional. He pulled out mine, and I noticed it was not my resume but a printout of my LinkedIn profile, which of course did not have my phone number on it. Additionally, he did not have questions prepared and thought of everything on the spot. Poor first impression. After an email rejection, I emailed the recruiter to get feedback and to also give feedback of my interview experience. I did not hear back until awhile after when she wanted to tell me about the Territory Sales Associate position. She said she was out of the country for awhile for a family emergency which is understandable. The TSA position is almost a training program to be a TSR. It sounded interesting, so I decided to continue, but not before telling her about my interview experience. She was genuinely sorry and it sounded like this was not the norm for the DSM. Next, I had a phone interview with the GM since I had already interviewed with the recruiter and DSM. A few days later, I got a call and voicemail from the DSM. I was very sick this day with no voice, and asked if I could give him a call the next day as it was late in the afternoon already. His only response was "as long as you call before 8am central time". I followed this request, and he said he and the GM enjoyed speaking with me, but that they thought I'd be better for the TSA position. I was confused and told him that's what I was interviewing for with the GM. He didn't seem to know this and then offered the position. I asked for an offer letter because no one had gone through commission structure or benefits with me and I wanted a chance to review. He was shocked by this and said an offer letter tends to come after an acceptance (although this makes no sense). He said this would take some time to I asked for him to touch base with the recruiter and get back to me. Luckily the recruiter was very informed and went over everything with me. I ultimately chose not to move forward with the offer.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G&K Services (Minnetonka, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager provided background on why the position is available. G&K is being acquired and with the Minnetonka office closing, people are leaving, so G&K needs contractors to come up to speed quickly. Then I had a friendly Q&A session with the manager and another Systems Engineer. The SysEngineer's questions were vague, like, "What is the address book used to find servers?" which is different than "Which service resolves host names to their IP address?" "Address Book" should be reserved for email...

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montevideo, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services (Montevideo, MN).

Interview

The interview process was pretty laid back. Met with the GM, Branch Manager & Route Manager. I contacted them by phone first then submitted a application online. After that I was contacted within a day to come in for a 1 on 1 interview with the Branch Manager. Then my next interview was with the Branch manager and the route manager. I was asked to go on a ride along with one of their route reps and see what I think of the job. I was offered a job the day after my ride along.

Interview Questions

• How would you help out a customer that needed something on the upcoming Saturday and today is Tuesday?   1 Answer

General Labor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at G&K Services (Kingsport, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an interview invitation within a couple of days. The interviewer was very personable and put me at ease. We discussed the job and what had brought me to the point of applying for the job. The interviewer was interested in my work history and expressed concern that I was overqualified for the job. After chatting for 15 minutes, I was taken on to the floor to observe the line. The next day, after asking a couple of questions via email, I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me to tell him about myself. In a follow up email he asked me if I was able to use a sewing machine and if I spoke Spanish.   1 Answer

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at G&K Services in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process consists of an assessment taken online followed by a phone interview. Then a face to face with the sales manager then another face to face with district manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle a difficult customer who had a bad experience?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services.

Interview

Response to my online application. Phone interview with a corporate Recruiter, Face to face interview with District Sales Manager, Ride Along with an experienced member of the team, Face to face interview with General Manager, and a Phone interview with Director of Sales. Straight forward process and consistent with what others have experience across the company. Everyone was on the same page with how they described the company, expectations and earnings potential. That made me much more confident in the company and I never felt anything was being glossed over.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about G&K? How did you find out about G&K?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at G&K Services.

Interview

Of course being I did not get a job offer from G&K, anyone reading this might be just say, OK, there's a post with some sour grapes, but that really is not the case. I fully understand that getting those "nos" along the way to the ultimate "yes" is part of the process. In fact, more often than not, the interview process can be a two way street and it helps you evaluate the company and their management style. In that way, I left this interview thinking they were a definite no.

That's why when I got the following form reject letter, I found it telling as it only confirmed what I found at the interview, that this was not a company I wanted to be part of. As for these reject letters, we've all seen them. Many even give you the idea that they have been parsed by at least three department heads: HR, Marketing and legal, just to make sure that they don't create any sort of bad will in the marketplace. This one however was not only, for lack of a better word, mean spirited, it's hard to imagine it was parsed by anyone other than the unhappy person who wrote it.

So to G&K, all I can say is, the feeling is mutual. Here's is their letter:

"Dear ____,

Thank you for your interest in G&K Services! It was a pleasure to speak with you and discuss the ____________. After careful consideration of your qualifications we have decided to continue our search for other candidates. You are no longer being considered for the position.

We wish you success in achieving your future career goals.

Regards,
    ________"

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at G&K Services in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Recruiter explained the job and company then opened up for questions. Recruiter then had a series of questions based on my resume, followed by some standard questions and finalized by another opening for questions. Overall it was a more dynamic than average process, with some interesting questions and if recruiter could not answer a question they deferred it to next step and did not try to fake it. This was one of the few interviews since reentering job market after resigning from previous position that a recruiter actually referred to my resume. Even if I do not get the position I feel like I at least honed my interiew skills andmy time was not squandered. This was the first step interview so no job offer was tendered yet.

Interview Questions

• I found it interesting and encouraging that instead of asking to describe a how you handled a negative customer in the past, as most employers do in their canned questioning, I was asked to describe one the relationship with one of my best customers.   Answer Question