G&K Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

G&K Services Interview Questions

2.8

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G&K Services (Minnetonka, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager provided background on why the position is available. G&K is being acquired and with the Minnetonka office closing, people are leaving, so G&K needs contractors to come up to speed quickly. Then I had a friendly Q&A session with the manager and another Systems Engineer. The SysEngineer's questions were vague, like, "What is the address book used to find servers?" which is different than "Which service resolves host names to their IP address?" "Address Book" should be reserved for email...

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at G&K Services in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process consists of an assessment taken online followed by a phone interview. Then a face to face with the sales manager then another face to face with district manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle a difficult customer who had a bad experience?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at G&K Services.

Interview

Of course being I did not get a job offer from G&K, anyone reading this might be just say, OK, there's a post with some sour grapes, but that really is not the case. I fully understand that getting those "nos" along the way to the ultimate "yes" is part of the process. In fact, more often than not, the interview process can be a two way street and it helps you evaluate the company and their management style. In that way, I left this interview thinking they were a definite no.

That's why when I got the following form reject letter, I found it telling as it only confirmed what I found at the interview, that this was not a company I wanted to be part of. As for these reject letters, we've all seen them. Many even give you the idea that they have been parsed by at least three department heads: HR, Marketing and legal, just to make sure that they don't create any sort of bad will in the marketplace. This one however was not only, for lack of a better word, mean spirited, it's hard to imagine it was parsed by anyone other than the unhappy person who wrote it.

So to G&K, all I can say is, the feeling is mutual. Here's is their letter:

"Dear ____,

Thank you for your interest in G&K Services! It was a pleasure to speak with you and discuss the ____________. After careful consideration of your qualifications we have decided to continue our search for other candidates. You are no longer being considered for the position.

We wish you success in achieving your future career goals.

Regards,
    ________"

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at G&K Services in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Recruiter explained the job and company then opened up for questions. Recruiter then had a series of questions based on my resume, followed by some standard questions and finalized by another opening for questions. Overall it was a more dynamic than average process, with some interesting questions and if recruiter could not answer a question they deferred it to next step and did not try to fake it. This was one of the few interviews since reentering job market after resigning from previous position that a recruiter actually referred to my resume. Even if I do not get the position I feel like I at least honed my interiew skills andmy time was not squandered. This was the first step interview so no job offer was tendered yet.

Interview Questions

• I found it interesting and encouraging that instead of asking to describe a how you handled a negative customer in the past, as most employers do in their canned questioning, I was asked to describe one the relationship with one of my best customers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Justice, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G&K Services (Justice, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online a few months ago. I was then sent a form letter to take online assessment, which I completed. I quess I passed because I was sent an email from the recruiter in Justice, Il to set up a phone interview. Now I know why they are always looking for salespeople. (See the numerous job openings in sales ) The woman I talked to was arrogant and got annoyed when you asked her questions about the company. The obviously don't want people who are smart and do research. All I got was one word answers. I know I was not going to make it to their "interview process" based on her being annoyed through the phone interview. The next part of the process is going through 3 more interviews. For a job that doesn't pay well. This is not a six figure VP position or a job with the CIA. Unless you are really desperate for a job, stay away from them. This location has bad reviews from salespeople. The rest of the company seems ok though.

Interview Questions

• Why was I interested in G&K. And other generic HR questions you can find online. This recruiter does not know what she is doing. Probably a friend of someone.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at G&K Services (Kansas City, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online and then had a phone interview. Got invited to come in for face to face interview with Sales Manager. This went well and I was asked to do a project that consisted of me creating a presentation on what they call "The Road to Presidents Club" and go out and cold call around 15 businesses about their uniform program. I removed myself from consideration because I did not feel that their pay structure and sales process was what I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• Mostly just situational type questions. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services (Orlando, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard interview questions. Nothing too far fetched. A lot of "tell me about a time when...." Had two people interview me, an older gentleman, I think he must have been the regional manager, and his protege. He mostly took notes and made small talk while she asked the questions. They were mostly professional. At times, it felt awkward and almost uncomfortable the way he was praising her.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want this job? What do you know about the company? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services (Ontario, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, two weeks later I received a phone call from manager to set up an interview. I showed up for my interview and the building was locked, nobody was there. I called the manager and he asked if I wanted to re-schedule or wait 15 minutes. I chose to wait 15 minutes considering I had left work early that day to attend the interview. I waited 30 minutes in 100 degree weather in a suit for the manager to show up. He sent a Route Supervisor in his place to conduct the interview. I gave the Route Supervisor the benefit of the doubt showing up on short notice, but he had me wait in a storage/office room with no air conditioning for 15 minutes while he looked for the interview question packet. He was unable to find the questions, and conducted the interview without them. He improvised but the interview was short and I was told they would call me back for a more formal interview. I never received a call back, I think they did me a favor. This interview was a waste of my time, money (left work early, gas) and very inconsiderate and unprofessional on the part of G&K Services in Ontario, CA.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about G&K Services? What do you like to do outside of work? Do you have kids?   Answer Question

Production Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at G&K Services.

Interview

Phone interview first to talk through resume and why I was searching for a job. Strength & weaknesses. In person interview with 3 people, very casual. Asked me to talk through my resume and why I wanted to work there. Followed up and was told they were still interviewing people and never heard back.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at G&K Services.

Interview

First got an interview phone call and it was pretty basic, they go through your resume and ask you about your background....... After that they called for an actual interview with the sales manager and was also easy and basic.

Interview Questions

• There was no hard questions all basic sales questions.   Answer Question