G&K Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.7

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I was initially called for a phone interview. After the interview was over I will call today later to do an in-person interview. I really like the way they took the time to ask questions but also listen to the potential candidate. I believe this is the best way to single out better qualified people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Justice, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G&K Services (Justice, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online a few months ago. I was then sent a form letter to take online assessment, which I completed. I quess I passed because I was sent an email from the recruiter in Justice, Il to set up a phone interview. Now I know why they are always looking for salespeople. (See the numerous job openings in sales ) The woman I talked to was arrogant and got annoyed when you asked her questions about the company. The obviously don't want people who are smart and do research. All I got was one word answers. I know I was not going to make it to their "interview process" based on her being annoyed through the phone interview. The next part of the process is going through 3 more interviews. For a job that doesn't pay well. This is not a six figure VP position or a job with the CIA. Unless you are really desperate for a job, stay away from them. This location has bad reviews from salespeople. The rest of the company seems ok though.

Interview Questions

• Why was I interested in G&K. And other generic HR questions you can find online. This recruiter does not know what she is doing. Probably a friend of someone.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at G&K Services (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Pretty easy and relaxed phone interview. They asked questions about your resume and described the job you were applying for in great depth. They really listened to what you said.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at G&K Services (Kansas City, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online and then had a phone interview. Got invited to come in for face to face interview with Sales Manager. This went well and I was asked to do a project that consisted of me creating a presentation on what they call "The Road to Presidents Club" and go out and cold call around 15 businesses about their uniform program. I removed myself from consideration because I did not feel that their pay structure and sales process was what I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• Mostly just situational type questions. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services (Orlando, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard interview questions. Nothing too far fetched. A lot of "tell me about a time when...." Had two people interview me, an older gentleman, I think he must have been the regional manager, and his protege. He mostly took notes and made small talk while she asked the questions. They were mostly professional. At times, it felt awkward and almost uncomfortable the way he was praising her.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want this job? What do you know about the company? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Graham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G&K Services (Graham, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview, then a one on one in person followed by a group google chat interview. I had to do a background check, and drug test. I went through alot for a a position that was not as professional as they made it seem.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at G&K Services (Green Bay, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

Very Thorough and engaging, They really got to know you instead of simply asking interview questions. You could feel the culture of the company in the interview process and that was what really made myself want to become apart of the company.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in the past that prepares you to lead.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G&K Services.

Interview

I first got placed at gk by a temp agency and was working for them for a couple months when i got the offer to become a direct hire. I've been working as a full time employee ever since. Initially I didn't have to interview because I was placed there and I already interviewed at the temp agency. but I was glad that they took me to be a full time. It is almost one year ago that I start working ther.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at G&K Services (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Pretty simple and straightforward. There was phone interview and two interviews after that with sales manager and then Operations manager and sales managers boss. Had a Skype interview for last interview. Overall a great experience and fast. Didn't take 6 weeks like most places. Pro ess was faster than I thought and they seem like a straight forward company. Looking forward to it.

Interview Questions

• How do face rejection from customers. Examples of my success with customwrs. How do,you manage your day. Vm they are very strong in you using hard close technique and asking g for the business. I think this is king to be a great for for me. Ask for the position at the end. Do not ask what is next. They want to see confidence.   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services (Ontario, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, two weeks later I received a phone call from manager to set up an interview. I showed up for my interview and the building was locked, nobody was there. I called the manager and he asked if I wanted to re-schedule or wait 15 minutes. I chose to wait 15 minutes considering I had left work early that day to attend the interview. I waited 30 minutes in 100 degree weather in a suit for the manager to show up. He sent a Route Supervisor in his place to conduct the interview. I gave the Route Supervisor the benefit of the doubt showing up on short notice, but he had me wait in a storage/office room with no air conditioning for 15 minutes while he looked for the interview question packet. He was unable to find the questions, and conducted the interview without them. He improvised but the interview was short and I was told they would call me back for a more formal interview. I never received a call back, I think they did me a favor. This interview was a waste of my time, money (left work early, gas) and very inconsiderate and unprofessional on the part of G&K Services in Ontario, CA.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about G&K Services? What do you like to do outside of work? Do you have kids?   Answer Question