G&K Services Route Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

G&K Services Route Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.8

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at G&K Services in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Recruiter explained the job and company then opened up for questions. Recruiter then had a series of questions based on my resume, followed by some standard questions and finalized by another opening for questions. Overall it was a more dynamic than average process, with some interesting questions and if recruiter could not answer a question they deferred it to next step and did not try to fake it. This was one of the few interviews since reentering job market after resigning from previous position that a recruiter actually referred to my resume. Even if I do not get the position I feel like I at least honed my interiew skills andmy time was not squandered. This was the first step interview so no job offer was tendered yet.

Interview Questions

• I found it interesting and encouraging that instead of asking to describe a how you handled a negative customer in the past, as most employers do in their canned questioning, I was asked to describe one the relationship with one of my best customers.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for G&K Services

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services (Ontario, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, two weeks later I received a phone call from manager to set up an interview. I showed up for my interview and the building was locked, nobody was there. I called the manager and he asked if I wanted to re-schedule or wait 15 minutes. I chose to wait 15 minutes considering I had left work early that day to attend the interview. I waited 30 minutes in 100 degree weather in a suit for the manager to show up. He sent a Route Supervisor in his place to conduct the interview. I gave the Route Supervisor the benefit of the doubt showing up on short notice, but he had me wait in a storage/office room with no air conditioning for 15 minutes while he looked for the interview question packet. He was unable to find the questions, and conducted the interview without them. He improvised but the interview was short and I was told they would call me back for a more formal interview. I never received a call back, I think they did me a favor. This interview was a waste of my time, money (left work early, gas) and very inconsiderate and unprofessional on the part of G&K Services in Ontario, CA.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about G&K Services? What do you like to do outside of work? Do you have kids?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at G&K Services (Memphis, TN) in September 2011.

Interview

Got a call and answered some general questions also spoke about my resume. Went for an interview on a sat. morning and was just the two of us at the office . 30 minutes later another guy showed up for a interview. the manager was cool and wearing shorts and flip flops so I didn"t feel underdressed ( Khaki pants ,polo shirt tucked in with brown dress shoes and brown leather belt ).The interview was really laid back and not uncomfortable at all. Seemed as if I was gonna get the job and was told I would get a call either way to let me know. I waited a week and called the HR lady I first spoke with and was informed that they were still trying to make a decision, another week another call with same response then repeated again . The forth week i left a mess. but never got a call back and once again the next week. I gave up after that.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at G&K Services (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

I arrived for my interview approximately 5 minutes early and the receptionist was on the phone. Once she was off the phone she informed me that it would be a few minutes as the Hiring Manager was running late. I ended up waiting in the small front entrance area for almost 20 minutes before I was greeted by anyone else.
    Once in the interview, I felt that the majority of the questions seemed ill-related to the types of positions I was applying for. In fact, I remembered applying for an Office Admin position but was being interviewed for a Sales position, and it seemed that they did not remember what I had applied to when I questioned them about it.
    I felt that there was a lot more talking on the end of the Hiring Manager than there was a conversation about the role and how my qualifications may or may not be a fit for them. It was very one-sided.
    I ended up leaving the interview feeling confused about what I had been interviewed for, and frustrated about how they treated me from start to finish in regards to waiting, perception of the company, and the interview questions were not relevant for someone in "entry'-level" positions like I was applying for. They were more aimed at those with Bachelor's Degrees accompanied with industry specific experience.
    Overall I was disappointed with this company's way of interviewing and I left with a sour impression of the company as a whole.

Interview Questions

• The first question I was asked was to detail my entire educational history starting at age 5 and work my way up through post-secondary school and to include my thought process throughout my life of why I made all decisions I made, and how that related to the position I had applied for. I had applied for an Office Admin position, and I can't honestly say that would have been in the top 5 jobs I wanted when I was a kid, nor going to post-secondary for and I did not see how this was relevant or appropriate to ask given the entry-level position I had applied for. It seemed to be more appropriate for someone with a Bachelor's degree and industry related experience for a position they were applying for (Ie. Asking someone with a Business Degree with a focus on Marketing who is applying for a Marketing position).   Answer Question