G&K Services Route Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

G&K Services Route Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.7

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at G&K Services (Coppell, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. They broke down what the job consisted of and the physicality of it. Overall they were straight forward and to the point, and gave me insight into the job.

Other Interview Reviews for G&K Services

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services (Grand Rapids, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

They do an online app. Then a phone interview. Then a sit down office interview. You have to go and do some physical testing because it is a physical job.

Interview Questions

• Sales exoerience
      How well you can lift and walk up and down stairs on a daily basis.
      How well you interact with customers in tough times   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Montevideo, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services (Montevideo, MN).

Interview

The interview process was pretty laid back. Met with the GM, Branch Manager & Route Manager. I contacted them by phone first then submitted a application online. After that I was contacted within a day to come in for a 1 on 1 interview with the Branch Manager. Then my next interview was with the Branch manager and the route manager. I was asked to go on a ride along with one of their route reps and see what I think of the job. I was offered a job the day after my ride along.

Interview Questions

• How would you help out a customer that needed something on the upcoming Saturday and today is Tuesday?   1 Answer

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at G&K Services in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Recruiter explained the job and company then opened up for questions. Recruiter then had a series of questions based on my resume, followed by some standard questions and finalized by another opening for questions. Overall it was a more dynamic than average process, with some interesting questions and if recruiter could not answer a question they deferred it to next step and did not try to fake it. This was one of the few interviews since reentering job market after resigning from previous position that a recruiter actually referred to my resume. Even if I do not get the position I feel like I at least honed my interiew skills andmy time was not squandered. This was the first step interview so no job offer was tendered yet.

Interview Questions

• I found it interesting and encouraging that instead of asking to describe a how you handled a negative customer in the past, as most employers do in their canned questioning, I was asked to describe one the relationship with one of my best customers.   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services in November 2011.

Interview

HR Recruiter reached out to me from an online resume posting. Did 20 minute phone interview and then had an in person interview a few days later with the General Manager. That interview lasted about an hour and a half. The following week, I had another "formality" interview with the Service Manager and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What's an example of a situation where a customer wanted you to do something you're employer wouldn't agree with and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services (Ontario, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, two weeks later I received a phone call from manager to set up an interview. I showed up for my interview and the building was locked, nobody was there. I called the manager and he asked if I wanted to re-schedule or wait 15 minutes. I chose to wait 15 minutes considering I had left work early that day to attend the interview. I waited 30 minutes in 100 degree weather in a suit for the manager to show up. He sent a Route Supervisor in his place to conduct the interview. I gave the Route Supervisor the benefit of the doubt showing up on short notice, but he had me wait in a storage/office room with no air conditioning for 15 minutes while he looked for the interview question packet. He was unable to find the questions, and conducted the interview without them. He improvised but the interview was short and I was told they would call me back for a more formal interview. I never received a call back, I think they did me a favor. This interview was a waste of my time, money (left work early, gas) and very inconsiderate and unprofessional on the part of G&K Services in Ontario, CA.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about G&K Services? What do you like to do outside of work? Do you have kids?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G&K Services (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

first interview was on the. then severalseveral interviews with different managers went okay. Drug testing and Dot certification required. background check took a very long time before the hiring process.training salary was not discussed the paperwork was signed. the interview consisted of a phone interview a panel interview and in one on one interview with the general manager

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with a customer that wants to switch to another company.   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services.

Interview

We had a first interview by phone. And another one in person in Quebec. When this one is done they fix another interview in Montreal and the last negotiations where done back in Quebec.

Negotiation

I got to get 5k more then the others because I had a bigger experience in sales.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at G&K Services (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

I arrived for my interview approximately 5 minutes early and the receptionist was on the phone. Once she was off the phone she informed me that it would be a few minutes as the Hiring Manager was running late. I ended up waiting in the small front entrance area for almost 20 minutes before I was greeted by anyone else.
    Once in the interview, I felt that the majority of the questions seemed ill-related to the types of positions I was applying for. In fact, I remembered applying for an Office Admin position but was being interviewed for a Sales position, and it seemed that they did not remember what I had applied to when I questioned them about it.
    I felt that there was a lot more talking on the end of the Hiring Manager than there was a conversation about the role and how my qualifications may or may not be a fit for them. It was very one-sided.
    I ended up leaving the interview feeling confused about what I had been interviewed for, and frustrated about how they treated me from start to finish in regards to waiting, perception of the company, and the interview questions were not relevant for someone in "entry'-level" positions like I was applying for. They were more aimed at those with Bachelor's Degrees accompanied with industry specific experience.
    Overall I was disappointed with this company's way of interviewing and I left with a sour impression of the company as a whole.

Interview Questions

• The first question I was asked was to detail my entire educational history starting at age 5 and work my way up through post-secondary school and to include my thought process throughout my life of why I made all decisions I made, and how that related to the position I had applied for. I had applied for an Office Admin position, and I can't honestly say that would have been in the top 5 jobs I wanted when I was a kid, nor going to post-secondary for and I did not see how this was relevant or appropriate to ask given the entry-level position I had applied for. It seemed to be more appropriate for someone with a Bachelor's degree and industry related experience for a position they were applying for (Ie. Asking someone with a Business Degree with a focus on Marketing who is applying for a Marketing position).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services (Denver, CO) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied through a job posting on LinkedIn for the territory sales rep position, but after talking to a recruiter, we both decided I'd probably be a better fit for the route sales rep position. Went in for a face to face interview about a week later which went great. The manager genuinely seemed interested in getting to know the person rather than asking those totally ridiculously questions like, where do you see yourself in 5 years and all that nonsense. The next week I went for a ride along for about 4 hours to see what I'd actually be doing.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult, but I was asked why G&K. Just make sure you do a bit of research on the company.   Answer Question

Position definitely seemed more service than sales related. Would also get monotonous after a while. Plus I did not want to work 10-12 hour days for $36k a year.