G&K Services Territory Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

G&K Services Territory Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.8

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at G&K Services (Louisville, KY) in September 2008.

Interview

I posted my job on careerbuilder.com. A recruiter contacted me. She did an initial phone screen interview asked me a couple of basic questions. How I handled certain sales oriented issues. (ie...what do you do if your sales are down..) Set up second interview with District Sales Manager met him at a Chili's asked behavioral interview questions. (ie..tell me about a time that you had an issue with another employee what was the outcome?) They use Oxicon for there interview process. I had to then take a personality test. At which point I had a third interview with the Director of Sales. He described the position a little more in detail and asked a few more questions. Finally, I had an interview with the General Manager. He asked me the same types of questions. Before they made an offer I went on a ride along with one of the reps. When I got backe they made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you did not agree with something your manager wanted you to do.   3 Answers

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate anything. $37,000 + commission which is kind of tough to obtain. Also, reps get a car allowance. He said thats all I can do. Take or leave it.

Other Interview Reviews for G&K Services

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at G&K Services (Houston, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

I was working with a recruiter who got me the initial interview, which was over the phone with the HR rep. It was very basic and lasted maybe 15 minutes. She then had me take the basic sales personality test and an aptitude test. She passed me along to the Sales Manager who interviewed me a couple of days after the first interview. The second interview lasted about an hour. It started with very common interview questions which the manager told me were required by corporate for every candidate. The manager sailed through these then asked some of her own questions which were more job relevant, but not extremely difficult. The entire interview lasted about an hour including chit chat time towards the end after I had sort of hit it off with the manager. She scheduled me for a ridealong with one of the Sr. Sales reps for a day later that week. The ridealong was very relaxed, I had a good open conversation with the rep, and did some coldcalling (5 or 10 doors) and then it was back to the office by lunch. I then met with the General Manager which seemed like a formality. They then took me to lunch and the offer was in my hand upon return to the office. The entire process lasted about a week and I started working in less than 10 days total.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G&K Services.

Interview

3 Part Interview

Negotiation

Salary negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2013.

Interview

Pretty in depth process. There are multiple stages of the hiring phase. After applying online you will do a Phone interview with a recruiter, then take an Internet personality test, finally two in person interviews with sales manager and the general manager.

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at G&K Services (Jackson, MS) in November 2011.

Interview

quick and to the point they did not waste time. They also did not mislead or pretend to be interested. It could be tough for some people but if you can handle the presure its easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I received a phone interview first with HR. A few days later I received a call from the Sales Manager and set a meeting with him. The third interview was set the following week with the GM. After that I went through a drug screening and was extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• If you were offered the choice to choose the territory sales position or a position to work in the office to learn the process first and transition into an outside position which would you choose?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jonesboro, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services (Jonesboro, AR) in April 2012.

Interview

Too structured. Initial Interviewer was just checking the box, going down a list of questions. Didn't seem to be comfortable, not conversational. 2nd Interview was with a regional manager and more interactive. Overall, the hiring managers weren't truly comfortable in the interview setting and weren't very forthcoming with information that potential sales reps would expect to find out during the process.

Interview Questions

• Every question started with "Tell me about a time . . ." Behavioral based questioned with specific examples asked.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at G&K Services in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process consists of an assessment taken online followed by a phone interview. Then a face to face with the sales manager then another face to face with district manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle a difficult customer who had a bad experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

Poor, lacks consistency, Long drawn out process, no communication between interviews, Often waiting for more than one party to review credentials. the entire process took over 3 weeks. Based on waiting for internal interview process to move forward. Often told the interview was in process and waiting for reply to move forward. Training was archaic and limited at best. All training was self paced and self discovery. management did not have time to train or work in the field with you. Interview and training was not related to job specific to your field of work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services (Orlando, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard interview questions. Nothing too far fetched. A lot of "tell me about a time when...." Had two people interview me, an older gentleman, I think he must have been the regional manager, and his protege. He mostly took notes and made small talk while she asked the questions. They were mostly professional. At times, it felt awkward and almost uncomfortable the way he was praising her.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want this job? What do you know about the company? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question