G&K Services Territory Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

G&K Services Territory Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at G&K Services (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I interviewed first for the Territory Sales Representative position and then the Territory Sales Associate position. First, I had a phone screen with a recruiter. Then I went to the Orlando office for an interview with the hiring manager/District Sales Manager. My interview was scheduled for 8:30 am. Around 8:00 that day, I received a message on LinkedIn from the hiring manager who left his phone number in case I got lost. I get to the office to find no one there, so I decided to call the hiring manager. He said he had to step away for a situation and wanted to call me but didn't see my phone number on my resume, even though I know it's on there. He asked if I could come back later that day to which I said I wouldn't be able to, and then he asked if I wanted to wait as he expected to be back in about 30-35 minutes. I had time off of work to interview and was already there, so I decided to wait. Before he arrived, another interview candidate arrived for her interview. He came in 35 minutes after my call as expected. We met for about 45 minutes, and he had multiple resumes out in front of him, which I did not find very professional. He pulled out mine, and I noticed it was not my resume but a printout of my LinkedIn profile, which of course did not have my phone number on it. Additionally, he did not have questions prepared and thought of everything on the spot. Poor first impression. After an email rejection, I emailed the recruiter to get feedback and to also give feedback of my interview experience. I did not hear back until awhile after when she wanted to tell me about the Territory Sales Associate position. She said she was out of the country for awhile for a family emergency which is understandable. The TSA position is almost a training program to be a TSR. It sounded interesting, so I decided to continue, but not before telling her about my interview experience. She was genuinely sorry and it sounded like this was not the norm for the DSM. Next, I had a phone interview with the GM since I had already interviewed with the recruiter and DSM. A few days later, I got a call and voicemail from the DSM. I was very sick this day with no voice, and asked if I could give him a call the next day as it was late in the afternoon already. His only response was "as long as you call before 8am central time". I followed this request, and he said he and the GM enjoyed speaking with me, but that they thought I'd be better for the TSA position. I was confused and told him that's what I was interviewing for with the GM. He didn't seem to know this and then offered the position. I asked for an offer letter because no one had gone through commission structure or benefits with me and I wanted a chance to review. He was shocked by this and said an offer letter tends to come after an acceptance (although this makes no sense). He said this would take some time to I asked for him to touch base with the recruiter and get back to me. Luckily the recruiter was very informed and went over everything with me. I ultimately chose not to move forward with the offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for G&K Services

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at G&K Services in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process consists of an assessment taken online followed by a phone interview. Then a face to face with the sales manager then another face to face with district manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle a difficult customer who had a bad experience?   Answer Question

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services.

Interview

Response to my online application. Phone interview with a corporate Recruiter, Face to face interview with District Sales Manager, Ride Along with an experienced member of the team, Face to face interview with General Manager, and a Phone interview with Director of Sales. Straight forward process and consistent with what others have experience across the company. Everyone was on the same page with how they described the company, expectations and earnings potential. That made me much more confident in the company and I never felt anything was being glossed over.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about G&K? How did you find out about G&K?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Justice, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G&K Services (Justice, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online a few months ago. I was then sent a form letter to take online assessment, which I completed. I quess I passed because I was sent an email from the recruiter in Justice, Il to set up a phone interview. Now I know why they are always looking for salespeople. (See the numerous job openings in sales ) The woman I talked to was arrogant and got annoyed when you asked her questions about the company. The obviously don't want people who are smart and do research. All I got was one word answers. I know I was not going to make it to their "interview process" based on her being annoyed through the phone interview. The next part of the process is going through 3 more interviews. For a job that doesn't pay well. This is not a six figure VP position or a job with the CIA. Unless you are really desperate for a job, stay away from them. This location has bad reviews from salespeople. The rest of the company seems ok though.

Interview Questions

• Why was I interested in G&K. And other generic HR questions you can find online. This recruiter does not know what she is doing. Probably a friend of someone.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at G&K Services (Kansas City, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online and then had a phone interview. Got invited to come in for face to face interview with Sales Manager. This went well and I was asked to do a project that consisted of me creating a presentation on what they call "The Road to Presidents Club" and go out and cold call around 15 businesses about their uniform program. I removed myself from consideration because I did not feel that their pay structure and sales process was what I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• Mostly just situational type questions. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services (Orlando, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard interview questions. Nothing too far fetched. A lot of "tell me about a time when...." Had two people interview me, an older gentleman, I think he must have been the regional manager, and his protege. He mostly took notes and made small talk while she asked the questions. They were mostly professional. At times, it felt awkward and almost uncomfortable the way he was praising her.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want this job? What do you know about the company? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at G&K Services (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very friendly, was more like a conversation rather than an interview. As soon as I walked in, I was immediately greeted with enthusiasm. The interviewer was a middle-aged gentleman who was very easy going.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services.

Interview

Found job posting on LinkedIn and sent a direct message to the recruiter. An hour later I received a response and scheduled a phone interview for later that day. Went on to do a face to face with the district sales manager. Then scheduled and did a face to face with the sales manager and a ride along. Final step was a phone interview with the regional sales director. Receieved a call the next day that they wanted to make an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate base but they stick to thier guns.

Make sure sales is what you want to do and be sure you can see yourself making a long term career move. They invest a lot in the hiring process to get the right people.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services in March 2015.

Interview

What did you do at last job, how many calls sales did you make. Are you a team player? Big focus on being a "hunter". Must have drive to cold call and deal with lengthy sales cycle. Positive attitude a must and buy into corprate ideas. They ask about personal motivation as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I received a phone interview first with HR. A few days later I received a call from the Sales Manager and set a meeting with him. The third interview was set the following week with the GM. After that I went through a drug screening and was extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• If you were offered the choice to choose the territory sales position or a position to work in the office to learn the process first and transition into an outside position which would you choose?   1 Answer