G&K Services Territory Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

G&K Services Territory Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2016

2.8

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at G&K Services in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process consists of an assessment taken online followed by a phone interview. Then a face to face with the sales manager then another face to face with district manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle a difficult customer who had a bad experience?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for G&K Services

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services.

Interview

Response to my online application. Phone interview with a corporate Recruiter, Face to face interview with District Sales Manager, Ride Along with an experienced member of the team, Face to face interview with General Manager, and a Phone interview with Director of Sales. Straight forward process and consistent with what others have experience across the company. Everyone was on the same page with how they described the company, expectations and earnings potential. That made me much more confident in the company and I never felt anything was being glossed over.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about G&K? How did you find out about G&K?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Justice, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G&K Services (Justice, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online a few months ago. I was then sent a form letter to take online assessment, which I completed. I quess I passed because I was sent an email from the recruiter in Justice, Il to set up a phone interview. Now I know why they are always looking for salespeople. (See the numerous job openings in sales ) The woman I talked to was arrogant and got annoyed when you asked her questions about the company. The obviously don't want people who are smart and do research. All I got was one word answers. I know I was not going to make it to their "interview process" based on her being annoyed through the phone interview. The next part of the process is going through 3 more interviews. For a job that doesn't pay well. This is not a six figure VP position or a job with the CIA. Unless you are really desperate for a job, stay away from them. This location has bad reviews from salespeople. The rest of the company seems ok though.

Interview Questions

• Why was I interested in G&K. And other generic HR questions you can find online. This recruiter does not know what she is doing. Probably a friend of someone.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at G&K Services (Kansas City, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online and then had a phone interview. Got invited to come in for face to face interview with Sales Manager. This went well and I was asked to do a project that consisted of me creating a presentation on what they call "The Road to Presidents Club" and go out and cold call around 15 businesses about their uniform program. I removed myself from consideration because I did not feel that their pay structure and sales process was what I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• Mostly just situational type questions. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services (Orlando, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard interview questions. Nothing too far fetched. A lot of "tell me about a time when...." Had two people interview me, an older gentleman, I think he must have been the regional manager, and his protege. He mostly took notes and made small talk while she asked the questions. They were mostly professional. At times, it felt awkward and almost uncomfortable the way he was praising her.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want this job? What do you know about the company? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at G&K Services (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very friendly, was more like a conversation rather than an interview. As soon as I walked in, I was immediately greeted with enthusiasm. The interviewer was a middle-aged gentleman who was very easy going.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services.

Interview

Found job posting on LinkedIn and sent a direct message to the recruiter. An hour later I received a response and scheduled a phone interview for later that day. Went on to do a face to face with the district sales manager. Then scheduled and did a face to face with the sales manager and a ride along. Final step was a phone interview with the regional sales director. Receieved a call the next day that they wanted to make an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate base but they stick to thier guns.

Make sure sales is what you want to do and be sure you can see yourself making a long term career move. They invest a lot in the hiring process to get the right people.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services in March 2015.

Interview

What did you do at last job, how many calls sales did you make. Are you a team player? Big focus on being a "hunter". Must have drive to cold call and deal with lengthy sales cycle. Positive attitude a must and buy into corprate ideas. They ask about personal motivation as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I received a phone interview first with HR. A few days later I received a call from the Sales Manager and set a meeting with him. The third interview was set the following week with the GM. After that I went through a drug screening and was extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• If you were offered the choice to choose the territory sales position or a position to work in the office to learn the process first and transition into an outside position which would you choose?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services (Albany, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Spoke with Recruiter-> HR -> District Sales Manager -> Regional Sales Manager -> then back to DSM for questions and conversations ranging from 10-60 minutes in length. The majority of the questions were basic interview questions catered towards the industry.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with dirty laundry?   1 Answer