G&K Services Territory Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

G&K Services Territory Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at G&K Services (Jackson, MS) in November 2011.

Interview

quick and to the point they did not waste time. They also did not mislead or pretend to be interested. It could be tough for some people but if you can handle the presure its easy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for G&K Services

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at G&K Services (Louisville, KY) in September 2008.

Interview

I posted my job on careerbuilder.com. A recruiter contacted me. She did an initial phone screen interview asked me a couple of basic questions. How I handled certain sales oriented issues. (ie...what do you do if your sales are down..) Set up second interview with District Sales Manager met him at a Chili's asked behavioral interview questions. (ie..tell me about a time that you had an issue with another employee what was the outcome?) They use Oxicon for there interview process. I had to then take a personality test. At which point I had a third interview with the Director of Sales. He described the position a little more in detail and asked a few more questions. Finally, I had an interview with the General Manager. He asked me the same types of questions. Before they made an offer I went on a ride along with one of the reps. When I got backe they made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you did not agree with something your manager wanted you to do.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate anything. $37,000 + commission which is kind of tough to obtain. Also, reps get a car allowance. He said thats all I can do. Take or leave it.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at G&K Services in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process consists of an assessment taken online followed by a phone interview. Then a face to face with the sales manager then another face to face with district manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle a difficult customer who had a bad experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services (Orlando, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard interview questions. Nothing too far fetched. A lot of "tell me about a time when...." Had two people interview me, an older gentleman, I think he must have been the regional manager, and his protege. He mostly took notes and made small talk while she asked the questions. They were mostly professional. At times, it felt awkward and almost uncomfortable the way he was praising her.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want this job? What do you know about the company? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

Poor, lacks consistency, Long drawn out process, no communication between interviews, Often waiting for more than one party to review credentials. the entire process took over 3 weeks. Based on waiting for internal interview process to move forward. Often told the interview was in process and waiting for reply to move forward. Training was archaic and limited at best. All training was self paced and self discovery. management did not have time to train or work in the field with you. Interview and training was not related to job specific to your field of work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Justice, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G&K Services (Justice, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online a few months ago. I was then sent a form letter to take online assessment, which I completed. I quess I passed because I was sent an email from the recruiter in Justice, Il to set up a phone interview. Now I know why they are always looking for salespeople. (See the numerous job openings in sales ) The woman I talked to was arrogant and got annoyed when you asked her questions about the company. The obviously don't want people who are smart and do research. All I got was one word answers. I know I was not going to make it to their "interview process" based on her being annoyed through the phone interview. The next part of the process is going through 3 more interviews. For a job that doesn't pay well. This is not a six figure VP position or a job with the CIA. Unless you are really desperate for a job, stay away from them. This location has bad reviews from salespeople. The rest of the company seems ok though.

Interview Questions

• Why was I interested in G&K. And other generic HR questions you can find online. This recruiter does not know what she is doing. Probably a friend of someone.   1 Answer

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services.

Interview

Response to my online application. Phone interview with a corporate Recruiter, Face to face interview with District Sales Manager, Ride Along with an experienced member of the team, Face to face interview with General Manager, and a Phone interview with Director of Sales. Straight forward process and consistent with what others have experience across the company. Everyone was on the same page with how they described the company, expectations and earnings potential. That made me much more confident in the company and I never felt anything was being glossed over.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about G&K? How did you find out about G&K?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I received a phone interview first with HR. A few days later I received a call from the Sales Manager and set a meeting with him. The third interview was set the following week with the GM. After that I went through a drug screening and was extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• If you were offered the choice to choose the territory sales position or a position to work in the office to learn the process first and transition into an outside position which would you choose?   1 Answer

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at G&K Services in January 2016.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter to fill position that was currently available in my area. HR phone screener followed with typical questions regarding experience, goals, etc. Next step was face to face with hiring manger for territory. Very indepth regarding history, experiences, goals, etc.

Interview Questions

• How long did it take to achieve/reach your current position within your current company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jonesboro, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services (Jonesboro, AR) in April 2012.

Interview

Too structured. Initial Interviewer was just checking the box, going down a list of questions. Didn't seem to be comfortable, not conversational. 2nd Interview was with a regional manager and more interactive. Overall, the hiring managers weren't truly comfortable in the interview setting and weren't very forthcoming with information that potential sales reps would expect to find out during the process.

Interview Questions

• Every question started with "Tell me about a time . . ." Behavioral based questioned with specific examples asked.   Answer Question