G&S Business Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

G&S Business Communications Interview Questions

Interviews at G&S Business Communications

2.6

Art Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G&S Business Communications.

Interview

I have applied to a couple positions in the company, both of with my credentials are a very equal match. I would have thought I would at least get a recruiter call. When I did not hear and saw the job still posted MONTHS later. I attempted to reach out on Linkedin to follow up (in a non obligatory way). No response. A simple "thank you we did get your resume, but seeking other candidates" would have been fine.. but NOTHING. It really made me question the company and employees motives (and lack of manners or professionalism). I would be very cautious.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G&S Business Communications (New York, NY).

Interview

I had 4 rounds of interviews, each round was very professionally conducted, followed by timely communication.

Round 1 - Behavioral interview with a member of the HR team
    Round 2 - Online Test
    Round 3 - In-person with team
    Round 4 - Phone call with senior management

Interview Questions

• What was the most favorite aspect of your last job?   1 Answer
    • How do you prioritize different projects?   1 Answer
    • Any areas for development?   1 Answer
    • Describe a difficult situation? difficult people you worked with?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at G&S Business Communications.

Interview

Before any in-person or phone screening, I received an email to do a video interview (where you record yourself answering prompts on the screen) and a 3 hour writing test. That part was really awkward and time consuming. Was asked in for an interview which I enjoyed and liked the people I talked to. Didn’t hear back for about 2 weeks in between each round which was long.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

In person interview and writing test

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, it was a standard interview with questions you should be able to answer if you have PR experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at G&S Business Communications (Raleigh, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone screen that ask a bunch of personality questions--what do your employee's say about you...what is the most difficult task you have had in the past 6 months...how do you handle a bad situation at work.

In-person
    2.5 hour writing test

30 min to edit a paper with an AP stylebook and 10-15 questions where you circle the correct word choice in a sentence
    2 hours to do a news release, tweet/facebook post, client service, launch plan, etc...it's 5 parts and you get a prompt about a company that sells a household product.
    Brush up on your AP stylebook....this test is not easy and they want to see 85-100% accuracy.

Interview Questions

• It was pretty basic...strengths/weakness and why you want to work there.   Answer Question

Junior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G&S Business Communications (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I applied online via LinkedIn, including resume and cover letter. There was an HR phone screen, 2-hour writing test (they want you to come in, but because I lived in a different state I did mine online), and 2 back to back in-person interviews on same day. HR called about a week later to go over my salary preferences, then said they'd be back soon... then I called them when I'd gotten a couple offers from two other firms. That's when they offered me the job. :)

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard -- both about experience and interacting with others in a team, work habits, career goals. Interviewers were easy conversationalists.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They claimed the offer was higher than what they usually offer & didn't want to go higher.

Junior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at G&S Business Communications (Raleigh, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

After applying I was eventually contacted after a few weeks about being interviewed. I talked to two different people while there about the company and getting to know about the firm in general. It was easy enough and afterward there was a basic writing test. Overall it was nothing to worry too much about.

Account Coordinator Interview

Interview

30 minute phone interview then was required to take a 2 hour writing test for a job they said was available. Heard back in a week on my scores and they said I did great but they didn't have a position for me. Waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Was given a product and had to do an entire plan for it.   Answer Question

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G&S Business Communications (Raleigh, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied to G&S through LinkedIn - was contacted by HR and we emailed back and forth a bit. Then set up a call with HR on a Tue. After that call, I was invited to an interview 2 days later on Thurs and was offered a job on Friday. It was a standard interview process, quite fast and didn't drag out (which I appreciated). The entire process felt like a personality review to make sure you can work in the environment (also appreciated). I thought the hiring process at G&S was great.

Interview Questions

• They ask about your experience, your knowledge, and explain the structures of the job   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at G&S Business Communications (Raleigh, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a dry discussion which turns out the same as the culture. Sounded like it was going to be under poor art direction that had less experience than me.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok doing most your work with one client? Apparently a lot of their eggs are in a single basket.   Answer Question

Boring discussions, office, and clients.