G&S Business Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 27, 2017

2.6

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Coordinator Interview

Interview

30 minute phone interview then was required to take a 2 hour writing test for a job they said was available. Heard back in a week on my scores and they said I did great but they didn't have a position for me. Waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Was given a product and had to do an entire plan for it.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G&S Business Communications (New York, NY).

Interview

I had 4 rounds of interviews, each round was very professionally conducted, followed by timely communication.

Round 1 - Behavioral interview with a member of the HR team
    Round 2 - Online Test
    Round 3 - In-person with team
    Round 4 - Phone call with senior management

Interview Questions

• What was the most favorite aspect of your last job?   1 Answer
    • How do you prioritize different projects?   1 Answer
    • Any areas for development?   1 Answer
    • Describe a difficult situation? difficult people you worked with?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G&S Business Communications in April 2017.

Interview

applied online to G&S, the whole process took a month and a half.
    The process had 4 stages, screening interview, assignment, interview with the hiring manager, and then an interview with one of the directors.
    Although I did not join G&S, I was very impressed with their professionalism. In particular, I enjoyed working with Kaitlyn C. Kaitlyn is one of the best recruiters I have ever had the chance to work with. She is responsive, caring, professional, and represents G&S with great pride.
    During the process, Kaitlyn always kept me updated and informed. For a job seeker, it would be great if more people like Kaitlyn would be in the HR/recruiting world.
    To the G&S leadership, thank you for giving me the opportunity to get to know your great company and wonderful employees such as Kaitlyn.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at G&S Business Communications (Raleigh, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

Very unprofessional experience. I applied online via LinkedIn for a graphic designer position, and shortly after a recruiter followed up with me to set a day and time for a phone interview. Come time for the interview, no one called. I waited for a few minutes thinking they were just running late. I never received a phone call at all.

The next day I sent a follow-up email just to see what had happened, and I got a response apologizing for not calling me and that they decided not move forward with my candidacy after all. I get not hiring someone, that's fine. But to leave someone completely in the dark like that, or not even have the common courtesy to just send me an e-mail beforehand saying you guys have decided to move on. Very unprofessional. I guess I could see it as a blessing in disguise, given that I would never want to work for a company with such unprofessional character.

Art Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G&S Business Communications.

Interview

I have applied to a couple positions in the company, both of with my credentials are a very equal match. I would have thought I would at least get a recruiter call. When I did not hear and saw the job still posted MONTHS later. I attempted to reach out on Linkedin to follow up (in a non obligatory way). No response. A simple "thank you we did get your resume, but seeking other candidates" would have been fine.. but NOTHING. It really made me question the company and employees motives (and lack of manners or professionalism). I would be very cautious.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at G&S Business Communications (Raleigh, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone screen that ask a bunch of personality questions--what do your employee's say about you...what is the most difficult task you have had in the past 6 months...how do you handle a bad situation at work.

In-person
    2.5 hour writing test

30 min to edit a paper with an AP stylebook and 10-15 questions where you circle the correct word choice in a sentence
    2 hours to do a news release, tweet/facebook post, client service, launch plan, etc...it's 5 parts and you get a prompt about a company that sells a household product.
    Brush up on your AP stylebook....this test is not easy and they want to see 85-100% accuracy.

Interview Questions

• It was pretty basic...strengths/weakness and why you want to work there.   Answer Question

Junior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at G&S Business Communications (Raleigh, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

After applying I was eventually contacted after a few weeks about being interviewed. I talked to two different people while there about the company and getting to know about the firm in general. It was easy enough and afterward there was a basic writing test. Overall it was nothing to worry too much about.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at G&S Business Communications.

Interview

Worst process I've ever had: 2 phone & 5 in-person interviews over 7 mo.; unresponsive; Spent $ for travel, time off etc