G&S Business Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

G&S Business Communications Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2017

2.5

Account Executive Interview

Interview

In person interview and writing test

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, it was a standard interview with questions you should be able to answer if you have PR experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at G&S Business Communications (Raleigh, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

Very unprofessional experience. I applied online via LinkedIn for a graphic designer position, and shortly after a recruiter followed up with me to set a day and time for a phone interview. Come time for the interview, no one called. I waited for a few minutes thinking they were just running late. I never received a phone call at all.

The next day I sent a follow-up email just to see what had happened, and I got a response apologizing for not calling me and that they decided not move forward with my candidacy after all. I get not hiring someone, that's fine. But to leave someone completely in the dark like that, or not even have the common courtesy to just send me an e-mail beforehand saying you guys have decided to move on. Very unprofessional. I guess I could see it as a blessing in disguise, given that I would never want to work for a company with such unprofessional character.

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at G&S Business Communications.

Interview

Worst process I've ever had: 2 phone & 5 in-person interviews over 7 mo.; unresponsive; Spent $ for travel, time off etc

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G&S Business Communications (Raleigh, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with the Creative Director first. I was later asked back to interview with the office head. Both interviews were very informal and low stress. The whole process was very quick, maybe 3 weeks from submitting my resume to getting an offer.

Junior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at G&S Business Communications (Raleigh, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

After applying I was eventually contacted after a few weeks about being interviewed. I talked to two different people while there about the company and getting to know about the firm in general. It was easy enough and afterward there was a basic writing test. Overall it was nothing to worry too much about.

Junior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G&S Business Communications (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I applied online via LinkedIn, including resume and cover letter. There was an HR phone screen, 2-hour writing test (they want you to come in, but because I lived in a different state I did mine online), and 2 back to back in-person interviews on same day. HR called about a week later to go over my salary preferences, then said they'd be back soon... then I called them when I'd gotten a couple offers from two other firms. That's when they offered me the job. :)

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard -- both about experience and interacting with others in a team, work habits, career goals. Interviewers were easy conversationalists.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They claimed the offer was higher than what they usually offer & didn't want to go higher.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at G&S Business Communications (Raleigh, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a dry discussion which turns out the same as the culture. Sounded like it was going to be under poor art direction that had less experience than me.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok doing most your work with one client? Apparently a lot of their eggs are in a single basket.   Answer Question

Boring discussions, office, and clients.

Account Coordinator Interview

Interview

30 minute phone interview then was required to take a 2 hour writing test for a job they said was available. Heard back in a week on my scores and they said I did great but they didn't have a position for me. Waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Was given a product and had to do an entire plan for it.   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at G&S Business Communications (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

There was a screening phone call, an in person interview, and a writing test. The process was super easy and friendly, making me appreciate the company before beginning to work with them.

Art Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G&S Business Communications.

Interview

I have applied to a couple positions in the company, both of with my credentials are a very equal match. I would have thought I would at least get a recruiter call. When I did not hear and saw the job still posted MONTHS later. I attempted to reach out on Linkedin to follow up (in a non obligatory way). No response. A simple "thank you we did get your resume, but seeking other candidates" would have been fine.. but NOTHING. It really made me question the company and employees motives (and lack of manners or professionalism). I would be very cautious.