G & W Electric Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at G & W Electric Company

2.2

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G & W Electric Company (Buffalo, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

It involves hr, techincal phone rounds and then a face to face interview. It was pretty easy one phone interview takes less then 10 mins each. Usually HR do a 5 mins screening from which a exp engineer takes the next call who goes thru your resume. Few basic electrical questions.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G & W Electric Company (Bolingbrook, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

First phone screen with recruiter for general recruiter question (like salary, relocation...etc). And phone interview with hiring manager for question about my resume and my interest. On site interview with bunch of people for more detail experience and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you have hands on experience
      Q: Any course about power distribution system, how a recloser/switch work?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G & W Electric Company (Bolingbrook, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Over the phone interview asking typical questions just trying to know how I would fit in at the company. Then was brought in to talk to the engineers and asked about technical related questions pertaining to the internship

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at G & W Electric Company.

Interview

The interview was a basic behavior interview. They didn't answer too many out of the ordinary questions. They just wanted to get to know you better. Asked a lot around resume and what things I was interested in. One question they asked was what was my least favorite class and also my most favorite class.

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at G & W Electric Company (Bolingbrook, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

HR had their game together with a calm, approachable office and friendly representatives. I didn't feel judged harshly or under the lights at all. The office was small and approachable and not the type of place where a dozen other business casual wearing people were sitting around nervously. You weren't required to bring in an insane amount of material for your interview, such as a birth certificate or a passport. It isn't that kind of job, thankfully.

Interview Questions

• Some questions about the company's history. Other than that, they asked very standard questions about past experiences and troubleshooting scenarios where you were forced to act.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G & W Electric Company (Bolingbrook, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

Not bad ofcourse, but once I was hired, found put my manager was not the friendliest or most professional manager in the company. The pay will bring you in but the quiet non social atmosphere may drive you mad from day 1. Seems exciting because of location but its not. Beautiful decor.

Interview Questions

• They asked about experience but will work with limited experience.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G & W Electric Company (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

A day long interview process. Starts with phone screening, then another phone interview. Then got invited in in-person interview with I think three to four person. each person takes an hour long interview.

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G & W Electric Company (Bolingbrook, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Apply online then get an interview and test. If you passes the interview test then they'll offer the position. Once you get hired for the position they'll put you in completely different position especially lower position then you applied for.

Interview Questions

• What was your least favorite job in the past?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at G & W Electric Company (Bolingbrook, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

30 min phone screen with HR and manager. Then I was brought on site for a full day of interviewing. Mostly behavioral questions with very little technical questions. A rather easy interview as they were judging on whether I would fit within the company culture or not. I was taken to lunch and introduced to many of the executive level team. They paid for my flight, hotel and car during my visit.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at G & W Electric Company (Urbana, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

Purely behavioral. A discussion on past experiences mainly, be thorough with your resume.
    There are several questions posed about personality traits and scenario based questions.
    Your interests are kept in mind while choosing you for a given position and sometimes, you will be told that you'd be interviewing for two positions simultaneously and the best fit would be decided dependent on your answers.

Interview Questions

• Q. Recall a time that you showcased good time management   1 Answer