G2 Crowd Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G2 Crowd (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiter, then took the personality assessment and aptitude test, much like the SAT. After that I had meetings with the VP of Sales, Director of Sales, and Account Executives. The following week I came in for a final interview and mock presentation. I received an offer the same day and accepted. I also had the chance to speak with the CEO about his vision for the company before singing the offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan on being a top performing sales rep at G2 Crowd?   Answer Question

Corporate Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G2 Crowd.

Interview

Beware of applying to this company. They automatically send you an hour long test and if you don't fit their prescribed "profile" you automatically get a canned rejection the day later.

So about this test: there are 3 sections (SAT problem solving, reflexes / memory, and personality). I could kind of understand the personality test, but that is what interviews are for. Like, what do you hope to gain from a recruitment standpoint by testing my reflexes?

Interview Questions

• You will receive a sequence of numbers, one at a time. Press F if the number on screen is different than the number two numbers ago, and J if it is the same.   Answer Question

Outreach Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G2 Crowd (New York, NY).

Interview

I had two phone call interviews. They asked the typical interview questions. I talked to one person who redirected me to the person in charge of the internship I was applying for.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G2 Crowd.

Interview

Applied and was apparently sent an automated email to take an personality and IQ test which took an hour. They didn't even bother to check if my qualifications were what they wanted and simply sent a denial email stating not enough experience. Unprofessional to send assessments if you don't have a potential fit available. Waste of time.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at G2 Crowd (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Found the company through Built-in Chicago where then, shortly after, I found myself looking at their Glassdoor page. I was curious about the company, so I decided to learn more about it as they had a good overall rating score.

For the sake of making this 'essay' be as readable as it can be, I will separate the hiring process in 5 parts:

1. Applied online. Then, I received an e-mail to take the aptitude test.

This test was divided into 3 sections:
    - Wonderlic test

- IQ/Reflexes Test

- Personality test

2. Then, I received an email from the internal recruiter which then helped me schedule a phone call with a Senior Software Engineer. I was asked about my experience and previous projects. I was told I was going to be sent a coding challenge.

3. I had 1 week to complete the coding challenge. The great thing about this take-home challenge is that they give you the freedom to pick the language of your choice

4. At last, I was brought in for an in-person interview. I met with 4 people: the product manager, team-lead engineer, CTO and Senior Software Engineer.

The in-person interview was great. Everyone was super approachable and nice. You feel welcome when you get there, and you can tell everyone loves what they are doing.
    The first interview was highly technical. The other interviews were easier going and were composed of more behavioral questions.

5. Finally, I was told that they were going to let me know of the results by the end of the week. Fortunately, I was offered the position, and I happily accepted.

In summary, it was a wonderful experience. My only advice would be to be yourself and be positive. Talk about your projects in detail. If you are taking the test, make sure to have zero distractions. I would recommend taking some Wonderlic tests, so you get to learn the format a little bit. Personally, I felt very comfortable with everyone I interviewed with. They all seemed to enjoy what they were doing, and I felt that my passion aligned well with theirs.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at G2 Crowd?
      What do you know about us?
      Tell us an about a difficult situation, and how you went about solving it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G2 Crowd in August 2017.

Interview

Uh... I applied the position online and was asked to do an online questionnaire. I was expecting an OA or CS knowledge test, like other companies do, but it is actually an aptitude test and it is the most ridiculous online assessment I have ever had.

The questionnaire starts with bunch of multiple choice non-technical questions. Those questions are fine. They are like IQ tests. It makes sense to test if a candidate is smart or not. The second part is a set of exercises, including memorize the cards two cards back, hit some key when you see something, hit some key when you see certain shape ... craps like that. The third part is even worse. There are literally a hundred questions asking whether if the interviewee considers herself/himself to be easily irritated, to be anxious easily, to be aggressive ... etc. Even though the questionnaire is stupid, I still finished it and I get a reject next day. I should have read the previous interview review and save myself an hour of time. Considering I did not do well at the memorization test, I rate this interview as difficult and also ridiculous and unreasonable.

Interview Questions

• A bunch of IQ test, 8 or 9 sets of memorization test and a hundred questions about yourself.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G2 Crowd.

Interview

Online application, follow up email (automated?) to take an assessment, then a scheduled call with internal HR, which was canceled and handed over to an external recruiter, who eliminated me from the process based on criteria that could have been addressed upon initial application submission.

Interview Questions

• Study and practice Wonderlic tests before you take the assessment.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at G2 Crowd.

Interview

I am noticing a lot of similarities with reviews about the interviews at G2. I too had a negative experience with the online assessment. The IQ test had nothing to do with the skills required for the job I was applying for, and I found it to be a waste of time before anyone actually interviewed me. I'd encourage the company to revisit their process -- at least spend 15 mins phone screening a candidate before asking them to spend an hour of their time on a test.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G2 Crowd (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I heard about the job from a friend and was referred to the HR point of contact at G2 Crowd. We chatted on the phone briefly and then I was asked to complete a couple tests. Once I took the tests I was invited in to the office for a series of interviews with 3 different leaders and then the CEO (Tim). I also had to re-take the test in the office. Shortly after that I was offered the job and I accepted!

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of collaborating with another person to overcome a problem at a previous job.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Interview

No interview just and email with a link to an aptitude and personality test. After taking the test I never received any type of feedback from the company. All I can say is - I wouldn't work for this impersonal, robotic and discriminatory organization. Sorry you don't have enough faith in your HR department to screen candidates in a more personal way. Maybe if you actually talked to them rather than testing them you would have found out in advance that they have no emotional intelligence. Note to Management: If you lose the soft skills, you will never truly be successful.

Interview Questions

• If an airplane was traveling 400 mph, how long would it take to travel 3000 miles?   1 Answer

Implementation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G2 Crowd.

Interview

Applied for the role on LinkedIn and they sent me this ridiculous Aptitude test. The worse I've seen so far in my job search. Didn't bother to finish it because it didn't make any sense to me during the middle of selecting keys with the images on the screen. There is no way that this "IQ test" should be used to indicate whether a candidate is the right fit for the job. I will no longer be applying for any more roles at this organization.

Interview Questions

• Select the right key for the image that pops up on the screen.   Answer Question