G2 Crowd Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G2 Crowd (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiter, then took the personality assessment and aptitude test, much like the SAT. After that I had meetings with the VP of Sales, Director of Sales, and Account Executives. The following week I came in for a final interview and mock presentation. I received an offer the same day and accepted. I also had the chance to speak with the CEO about his vision for the company before singing the offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan on being a top performing sales rep at G2 Crowd?   Answer Question

Research Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at G2 Crowd (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had to take a test measuring math skills, reading comprehension, and typing speed, etc., first before my phone interview and then again at my in-person interview.

The phone interview went well, and then I had an in-person interview at the office. I met one on one with everyone I'd work with, although I was asked a lot of the same questions by each of them. Everyone was friendly, and the interview was not conducted aggressively as at other places I've interviewed. They did appear to be looking for someone who would be a good fit for the company culture.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at G2 Crowd.

Interview

I am noticing a lot of similarities with reviews about the interviews at G2. I too had a negative experience with the online assessment. The IQ test had nothing to do with the skills required for the job I was applying for, and I found it to be a waste of time before anyone actually interviewed me. I'd encourage the company to revisit their process -- at least spend 15 mins phone screening a candidate before asking them to spend an hour of their time on a test.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G2 Crowd.

Interview

I applied via their job listings page. I was contacted by a recruiter and scheduled a phone screen with a senior software engineer. After the phone screen, I was given a take home challenge. I submitted the take home and received feedback that they liked my challenge but they were looking for someone with more experience. They reached back out to me a few weeks later saying they had opened up a Junior Software Engineer position and would like me to come on site to interview. The on-site interview went great and I asked the recruiter to please get back to me ASAP as I was courting other offers. She contacted me the following day to give me a verbal offer. She also encouraged me to turn down the other offers I had. She explained that the CEO had to sign all offer letters and it was Friday afternoon so they would send it on Monday. I did not hear anything on Monday. On Tuesday, I received an email that they were rescinding my offer and that management had decided to allocate the money for that position elsewhere. I really wish I had better things to say about G2 but this was super unprofessional. I hope that in the future they really consider whether they are able to open a position before they invite a candidate on-site and CERTAINLY before they reach out to a candidate with a verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• Given an api endpoint serving up team member data create a team page for a website.   Answer Question

Email Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at G2 Crowd (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Like most have mentioned, I also took that ridiculous hour-long aptitude test. That's an hour of my life I won't get back. Let me save everyone who's thinking about subjecting themselves to this nonsense -- don't do it. Why would you want to work for a company that resorts to this kind of automatonic screening anyway? I almost stopped half-way through. But apparently I passed that test because I was contacted for a 30-minute phone interview with the Team Lead. At least it wasn't with HR. It was an ok interview, but it seemed like the conversation was very surface and not getting into the nuts and bolts of the job -- which it should have since he was the Lead. Next step would be an in-office interview. Reading other reviews here, sounds like that in-office interview includes a repeat of the same aptitude test. (Do they think you cheated on the first one? I would have refused to retake it.) 10 days later, I receive an email saying that they were moving forward with a different candidate. Big surprise.

Research Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G2 Crowd (Boston, MA) in May 2018.

Interview

I'd love to describe the interview process, but per every other review of the interview process on here, it's incredibly insulting and demoralizing. An automated email arrives asking you to devote 60 minutes to an online aptitude test. I clicked through only to the first question below, which was an SAT-style math problem, and immediately clicked out. I'm not wasting an hour of my Saturday to a company that cannot get a human-based recruiting process going. As others have stated below, it appears the company is illegally gathering data on applicants, putting them through tests unrelated to the actual job functions (I'm unclear on how elementary school math can possibly matter in a corporate adult non-financial role) and generally contributing to the decline of America's corporate recruiting world.

Why employers come from such a place of derision and distrust I will never understand. This company needs to read the wise words of Liz Ryan from Forbes and massively overhaul their entire recruiting process, which seems designed to weed people out versus consider them as human beings who can help the company. Also a fan of Laszlo Bock and admire his candor around how the popular "Google questions" that were quirky and weird in the mid-2000s never helped vet proper candidacy for a particular role. G2 seems determined to ensure that all of their candidates fit into predetermined boxes before they even have a conversation. It would be interesting to see the legalities around C-level or VP-level candidates that were hired without having to take the test because they "knew someone".

I will cease using all of this company's products immediately. I wish I had read all of these interview reviews before applying.

Interview Questions

• If you an item costs $.75 and bought 4 of them, how much would you have spent?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G2 Crowd in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got an online assessment test. I was just an aptitude test consisting of math, sentence completion questions, and there were 7 series of tests consisting of 7 tests which test your memory. There were questions on Two back problem.

Research Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at G2 Crowd (New York, NY).

Interview

They send an automated email with an online test that takes a minimum of an hour without reviewing your materials. The test doesn't have anything to do with the position you're applying to. The first section is an IQ test in the style of an SAT. The second section is a strange series of memory games with terrible instructions that mostly consisted of hitting "F" or "J," depending on what flashed on your screen. There are questions that require you to differentiate between white, light grey, dark grey, and black. If you decide to take the test, be aware of that. The third section is, for lack of a better phrase, an approximation to a personality test. I honestly considered stopping there because some of the questions are of questionable legality. * No part of the test had anything to do with the editing position I applied to. * I repeat, the test had nothing to do with the position. All it did was use up my time and give this company data on me that they only have questionable grounds to gather. Then, if you finish the test, you get an email a few days later. If they are going to go with such an automated system, they should figure out a way to automate checking qualifications before sending out the test. The interview process left a bad impression of the company, to the point where I wouldn't even use the company's services. Unless you really want to work there for some reason, I wouldn't waste your time applying.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G2 Crowd (Chicago, IL) in April 2018.

Interview

This was by far the most unprofessional company I have ever interviewed at. Made me fly to Chicago on my own dime and asked me to retake the assessment but told me the score does not really matter, they just want to see how the question will be answered, not even sure what that was about. Then the hiring manager who was buddy buddy with me on the phone decided to turn cold and very condescending during the in-person interview.

While I can understand asking people to take an assessment, the fact that this company made me fly out to Chicago only to treat me with utter disrespect during the in-person makes this the worst interview experience I have ever been a part of. I am now at a great workplace but will never forget the unprofessional attitude and demeanor shown by the hiring manager as well as the fact that I had to fly out to Chicago on my own dime, worst hiring experience I have ever been a part of in my entire job hunt.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a great addition to this team?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G2 Crowd.

Interview

Applied and was apparently sent an automated email to take an personality and IQ test which took an hour. They didn't even bother to check if my qualifications were what they wanted and simply sent a denial email stating not enough experience. Unprofessional to send assessments if you don't have a potential fit available. Waste of time.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G2 Crowd.

Interview

Online application, follow up email (automated?) to take an assessment, then a scheduled call with internal HR, which was canceled and handed over to an external recruiter, who eliminated me from the process based on criteria that could have been addressed upon initial application submission.

Interview Questions

• Study and practice Wonderlic tests before you take the assessment.   Answer Question