G2 USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

G2 USA Interview Questions

2.4

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Interview

It all happened pretty quickly. I was referred by a recruiter, I interviewed with HR and my direct supervisor and a few days later I received an offer. Once I accepted I receive a offer package in the mail. It was very formal which was impressive.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my major in college, it's been a while since I've been asked about college. I'm usually asked about my work experience.   Answer Question

Interview

I applied via email and interviewed on the phone and over Skype. The process went very smoothly - I received a call the same day of the Skype interview offering me the internship position.

Interview Questions

• It was a lot of your typical behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at G2 USA (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

The hiring process is weak disconnect between HR and Hiring Manager.
    Weak culture huge disconnect between Account and Delivery.
    As an interviewee I was asked to create 2 presentations. Be careful they use this to get IP from other sources. It's not like you are going for Google or Razorfish. It's G2 no one has heard of them.
    Make sure you ask for exactly what they want else a couple of their folks will totally submarine you.

Interview Questions

• Presentation   1 Answer
    • Soft skillisland read up on interview profiles..   1 Answer

Interactive Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at G2 USA (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

1 phone interview, 2 in-person "sessions"--you meet multiple people in each. Not a lot of back and forth with salary, they are pretty generous up front but never give you a raise.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me what I asked for, which was fair at the time.

Account Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at G2 USA (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

It took over a year for them to follow up with me. Went through three rounds of interviews, they seemed interested every step of the way. HR manager told me they wanted to hire me but went with someone cheaper. They contacted me six months later to try to negotiate me down because the person they hired was not qualified. After not backing down they eventually hired me at my asking price which was still lower than their competition, but in this economy I took it. People were nice, albeit weird. I felt like I was doing the interview rather than the other way around. It was all very low pressure, people were nice, they just wouldn't budge on salary.

Negotiation

Not so much negotiate as I refused their offer. When they were desperate from hiring someone incompetent for lower, they came around to hiring me. I think their bottom line is more important than hiring someone good. Obviously that rarely works in the long run. Also, good luck ever getting a raise when a company operates like this.

S/W Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G2 USA (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

It was really cool. I was asked on technical front...where i was able to answer smartly...

Interview Questions

• technical qns and was also asked abt how i implemented them, why, what...etc   1 Answer

Negotiation

was unable to negotiate...the offer is good...

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G2 USA (San Jose, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Several question about PHP and database schema design

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at G2 USA (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

Met with HR first day and with the entire team in a 1 on 1 setting for the second round

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G2 USA (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

Heard decent things so decided to apply for an Account Director position working on a large pharmaceutical account. Was brought in for a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager in spite of the recruiting manager showing a clear lack of interest in my background during the phone screen. Hiring manager was decent, but the recruiting manager not so much. However, the new office on 5th Avenue is sweet.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G2 USA (New York, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

I went into the agency to interview for an insurance account, the same type of work I've done in a previous position. It was about noon and all of the employees were sitting at their desks in dim lighting, quiet, with their eyes fixed to their computer screens. I thought, "This place could use some life."

In the conference room in which the interview took place, the interviewer, who was a new Account Supervisor at the agency, asked me what I look for in an agency. I said that I prefer a nurturing environment in which everyone gets along and isn't so stiff; after all, advertising is a creative industry. He gave me the death stare. He told me that work is a place of business. He then proceeded to insult me by saying I was unprofessional. I sat there wearing a suit and tie, not a clown outfit. And this was all within the first 3 minutes.