G4S Custom Protection Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

G4S Custom Protection Officer Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

1.8

Custom Protection Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at G4S.

Interview

I called they had me apply online as a formality. I went into office interviewed and received job offer. Took tests, passed, and was hired right away. Was extremely easy since I was referred by an ex employee in good standing.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for G4S

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G4S (Farmington Hills, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

Introduction, history of company and scope of job interviewing for. Why do you think this assignment/job was created. Tell me about a time when you have to make a life threatening or difficult decision. How did you deal with it. Tell me about a time when you had to consult others to formulated a plan to deal with a tough situation and what was the outcome. Any questions. Most of the interview was spent on the interviewer discussing G4S.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult or dangerous situation where you had to consult others to formulate a plan and what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G4S (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

They were opening a new site so they were simply looking for bodies that fit the quota. They were not selective in the least and hired me on almost the same day that I applied.

Interview Questions

• Do you have Law Enforcement, Corrections, Military Experience, or a Bachelors in Criminal Justice?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G4S (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Came into office with multiple candidates sitting at a table. Candidates were for multiple positions. Mostly regular security guard positions. Once they found out I was interviewing for the Custom Protection Officer "CPO" position, I was treated much better then the rest. Apparently this company really values the CPO's.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions. Nothing new   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at G4S (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

For me it was kind of neutral, I had an interview with one person, it was suppose to be two. It was a bit rush because they had two more people behind me.

Interview Questions

• They ask me about my background mostly, I mean criminally. Then they asked a couple of the typical interview situational question. One that stands out is the one where they asked describe a stressful situation and describe how I handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at G4S (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Wasnt one...they made it sound like the interview process was a big deal, but if they think you can hold a D and G license or a D license at minimum, you're in. They just want as many bodies as possible, since they will lose many every month.

Interview Questions

• Do you want a good paying job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G4S (Memphis, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was very informal. They were backed up with plenty of potential employees and everything was unorganized. You're interviewed in the back one on one, mostly questioned about gaps in the resume. If you do not have any gaps in your resume it is a very laid back just getting to know you and seeing how well you mesh with the team.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about private security?
      What shifts are you available to work?
      How soon are you available for work?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at G4S (Farmington Hills, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

You go through a weeks training in a class room which is completely dumb and then you transfer to the refinery and do more training for 3 days for 12 hours and then you're on your own.

Custom Protection Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G4S.

Interview

Was called in a few days later after posting my resume to there website. Went in for the interview with the area manager and I was asked relevant information comparing my job history to this job. Very relaxed environment and friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't have to negotiate anything. Everything they offered was worth taking. I will let you know that the back ground check is very intense. The training that you get once hired is very good and needed training. What helped me decide to take the job was the free continuing education that you can take during your employment.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G4S (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

Simply Applied on website and waited for a call. They called me two weeks later for an interview. You go into the office and speak with the Recruiter. He is a straightforward gentleman who will ask all of your questions to the best of his ability. From there he will begin your background investigation and ask you to take the guard card class if you do not already have a guard card.

Interview Questions

• There arent really any hard questions. It's pretty much based on your qualifications.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation at all. You don't find out your salary either until after initial 40 hour training is complete. Unless you apply for a specific location and designation.