G4S Security Guard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 24, 2017

1.8

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at G4S (Williamsville, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I walked in for an interview with a site in West Seneca,the interviewer said it was unavailable and told me that I'd now be working full-time at Republic Steel. I said that sounds good. I got the job. They were desperate for people,so there wasn't an interview.

Interview Questions

• How did I hear about the job?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for G4S

Security Guard Interview

Application

I interviewed at G4S in May 2014.

Interview

Was interviewed and hired back in May 2014.....they did not mention they have a payroll problem and many employees aren't being paid. They also didn't mention as they hire new people they will start to dog the employees they have. Eventually, the new people will be getting dogged too. Like giving out little work here little work there ( reducing hours)

Interview Questions

• Why does this company G4S just abruptly stops working some of their employees who want to work? Why is G4S not paying their employees that do work? Why do they owe multiple employees money?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Hours and scheduling

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G4S (Harrisburg, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

Had to sit through two days of training at minimum wage. There was a series of about 10 short quizzes that need to be taken after reading about the topic.

Interview Questions

• What is you military experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They just told me what the pay rate was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G4S (Morrisville, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

met with my boss we talk about the job i will do .than well talk about my pay. than i had two go to class for week thats were i got my badge and my id papers . got my uniforms and than was told where my job

Interview Questions

• have i severed and time in jail   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G4S (Canton, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

First off they post a job posting that doesn't exist. They use this to get candidates to interview and offer them another position (example: upscale unarmed security officer). They call you and set up an interview date. You go in and fill out paperwork then have your interview. Basic interview type questions. Why should we hire you, etc. Now here is the kicker, unless you have corrections officer experience or your peace officer or military background then there is NO chance for advancement! Even with a degree, blah blah blah. And most of the jobs are low paying. All they want is someone who can pass a background check and will stay in the same low paying job and be happy with it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at G4S (Virginia Beach, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

just take long time

Interview Questions

• same system like other companys   1 Answer

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G4S (Hamilton, ON (Canada)).

Interview

was really easy really short hire on the spot the didn't want to know anything about me. They asked the minimal amount of questions. They they went and hired me on the spot and give me my uniform the same day.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work long hours?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G4S (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

applied online , called for interview, completed the orientation and was told to wait for a call in a week about further employment. Waited just a little more than a month and they found a permanent part time site for me at a condo. Interview process was was very easy they simple questions and my availability

Interview Questions

• previous customer service experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at G4S (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was short. I was hired on the spot. I completed a mathematical and behavioural quiz and questionnaire. I was offered a higher rate than other companies. I was then fitted for a uniform. I met some of the people in the office and scheduling department.

Negotiation

They wouldn't offer higher than what they were offering which I thought was quite low considering I would travel all over the GTA.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at G4S (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

Relatively easy interview with simple questions about roles and placements. Mainly want you to be able to work all shifts and be available for nights. The better your availability the better your chance for employment. One interviewer and you have to be able to do their orientation which is a couple days in class without pay.