G4S Security Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

G4S Security Officer Interview Questions

Interviews at G4S

1.9

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G4S.

Interview

Orientation is three days, and the interview process went great. Interview took about 10 minutes total, and was called for open spots the next day. Once I selected a site I was called shortly to meet with site supervisor who was great, and recommended me for the job. The following week I was hired and doing orientation.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to hard, was all about being professional, and personal presentation. Go well dressed, and talk in a professional manner. Use things like "sir" or "mam" and use proper English.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, offers are by the job site and job title.

Other Interview Reviews for G4S

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville N A S, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at G4S (Jacksonville N A S, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

I was interview and hired by the Outstanding Human Resource Clerk/Secretary. The back round investigation was the longest, however I was updated on the progress every time I called.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work every week-ends and holidays?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The procedure was placed and there wasn't much give. If a person can adjust there life to company requirements, you're hired.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at G4S (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Face to face with the general manager, they ask a few irrelevant questions somewhat awkward and then you go through a process then you’re picked for a contract based on slots they have to fill.

Interview Questions

• You go through a 100 question process manly out dated questions and a physiological test. You get fitted for a uniform and then you take an 8 hour video training class made in the 1990. Puff you’re a security guard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offer you you take, there is no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at G4S (San Antonio, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

They respond quickly to applications, it took less than a day for mine. The interview is straight forward they ask you about ambitions and past experiences. The last thing they will ask is if your willing to use lethal force as part of your job.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question will probably be about how long you plan to stay with the company or what they can do to get you to stay with the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G4S (Orlando, FL) in September 2010.

Interview

The interview was very informal and easy. There is a 400 question physiological test that takes a very long time. Afterward you have a one week security coures. Finally you have a one week course on the x-ray machine, if you are working at the jail or courthouse.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There are no negotiations. Every security position has a set pay.

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at G4S (Palmdale, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Must pass a rather intense federal background and security clearance process. Must have several years of experience. Requires firearm, CPR, AED, first aid, baton, and pepper spray certifications.

Interview Questions

• Expect to have a minimum of 7 years of detailed work, residence, and personal history information ready.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It's a union shop.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at G4S (Columbus, OH) in October 2012.

Interview

Easy, came in applied in site and i was interviewed on site no hard questions. We will send you to this post do you take it? yes .

Interview Questions

• Difficult no Unexpected yes, i long 3 hour paperwork that was totally utterly nonsense   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G4S (Manassas, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

Depends on the facility, but generally the security manager at the place calls you in for an in person interview, asks a few questions and then gives you the job on the spot. I took a job from G4S at two facilities and was outsourced to other places on occasion for temporary work.

Interview Questions

• Do you have your conceal carry license?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G4S (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

For my interview it was pretty quick. They asked my about my qualifications that aligned with the job. Made sure that I was aware that they would do a very good background check along with drug test... Which I dont do any drugs but they work with government so prepare to be checked thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• What are your job history qualifications?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Danville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at G4S (Danville, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Short and to the point. Very relaxed, did not feel pressured. Had to wait about 20 minutes to interview as the supervisor was dealing with a situation at the moment. Kind of got to see the job in action.