G4S Security Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Security Officer

Create your profile to get personalized information

G4S Security Officer Interview Questions

Interviews at G4S

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville N A S, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at G4S (Jacksonville N A S, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

I was interview and hired by the Outstanding Human Resource Clerk/Secretary. The back round investigation was the longest, however I was updated on the progress every time I called.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work every week-ends and holidays?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The procedure was placed and there wasn't much give. If a person can adjust there life to company requirements, you're hired.

Other Interview Reviews for G4S

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G4S (Orlando, FL) in September 2010.

Interview

The interview was very informal and easy. There is a 400 question physiological test that takes a very long time. Afterward you have a one week security coures. Finally you have a one week course on the x-ray machine, if you are working at the jail or courthouse.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There are no negotiations. Every security position has a set pay.

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G4S in August 2018.

Interview

I applied for 2 roles, one was an area security officer for the DWP and the other was just a security officer at a University. With the first one I had a bloke ring me and conduct a telephone interview with me which I passed and he answered all my questions, then I was invited in for a face to face interview on for corporate security which was with a very serious looking lady who kept questioning my commitment to the role. I received an email and not a phone call telling me I had failed that, she then rang me a few weeks later giving me a lousy excuse as to my she couldn't offer me the job. Next I applied for another role which was again for corporate security at an educational establishment, interviewer was not even told I was attending so the interview was all over the place. He gave me the impression he was pleased with all my answers in the interview but after ringing up to get the interview in the first place, I received another reply telling me I had failed which I had to then chase up with their HR team who gave me loads of reasons of which many were very judgemental and some just excuses. I gave up at this point with this company, they are far too picky even though they seem to have run Birmingham Prison alongside other venues into the ground. They are meant to be the top security company but I found them to be very rude, defensive and incompetent. I have since found work at a smaller company who conducted proper interviews, were less judgemental and very helpful. You would think having a Door Supervisor badge would be half of the battle done but it seems that they still want to grill you after this more than they should be doing.

Interview Questions

• Why have you done so many jobs in the past 5 years, give exampled of how you dealt with certain situations in the past, why are you suited to working for us and all the rest that you get asked at interviews.   1 Answer

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G4S.

Interview

Typical mundane questions. She didn't know anything about me other than my name.
    Can't tell if the interviewer took a disliking to me personally of is she is just generally that ignorant and rude (I'm inclined to think the latter). She also couldn't comprehend simple answers and then would proceed to make the claim that I hadn't made myself clear.

Easily the poorest interviewer I've ever encountered and as a result the worst interview I've ever had. I left halfway through because of her hostile attitude. Who wants to work with people like that?

Don't waste your time unless you're super desperate. Life's too short.

Interview Questions

• Please tell a time when you delivered exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at G4S (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

extremely easy, i think the line manager was more impressed at how well i spoke and how i came across as a professional rather than the contents of my short answer.

Interview Questions

• tell me why you want this job   1 Answer

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belgrade (Serbia)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at G4S (Belgrade (Serbia)) in March 2017.

Interview

During the interview they briefed us about the company, what they do and how they do it, and explained the process of getting the licence to be able to be employed as security officer. The process includes various tests: medical, combat training etc, and all expenses are to be paid by the candidate. On top of everything they said the salary is around 200 euros per month. That is definitely a disaster!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work as a security officer   1 Answer

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G4S (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Chatting was nice. The interviewer did not ask many questions but kept it simple and to the point. They asked about previous experience, reason for leaving, and current availability. Overall, fair interview process.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G4S (Leeds, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

it was at one of job centre ,manager called me in and ask me basic question related to security sector.the interview was very easy ,simple basic questions and i got offer.make sure u fill form correctly otherwsie it will delay the hiring process

Interview Questions

• what you know about company?
      what type of services g4s offer?
      how you are good fit?   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Accra (Ghana)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G4S (Accra (Ghana)) in February 2015.

Interview

You meet a panel who will take you through the interview process, registration as well as taking details about you at the reception of the company before the interview start

Interview Questions

• What is your qualification, Do you know about G4S, What knowledge do you have about the psotion you applied for etc   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

Interview

It was pretty easy just asked me couple questions and about my job history and made me do some tests some situation based tests it was pretty easy just go get ur license

Interview Questions

• What you do in a situation where you have to deal with a drunk person   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just tell them to give you a better paying site