GAF Engineering Co-Op Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GAF Engineering Co-Op Interview Questions

2.7

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GAF.

Interview

Submitted my resume at a college career fair, interviewed with recruiters at my campus, and then was invited to the site itself for a second round. Typical STAR questions with several hiring managers during the second round; was also given a tour of the site and found it very informative.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult teammate in a group project.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GAF

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GAF (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Talked with them at University job fair and got an interview for the next day. The interview was 15 minutes, pretty standard. They asked me to expand on things in my resume and why I wanted to work for them. Had five minutes at the end to ask questions about their company/the position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GAF (Gainesville, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted to interview for a Co-Op Engineer position. Everyone I met was very nice and I learned a lot about the company during the process. The day began with a plant tour, then two interviews (one with HR and then one with the senior engineers) and concluded with lunch.

Interview Questions

• Typical S.T.A.R. method questions. In what ways have you been a leader?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GAF.

Interview

First there was on campus recruiting followed by an on campus interview, with behavioral questions. Then they followed up by flying me out for an on-campus interview, where I interviewed with the managers. This was more of an opportunity for them to meet me as well as for me to meet them.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too unexpected. conflict/resolution scenarios.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GAF (Paterson, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

The process was very fast, and GAF was very good at communicating with me about scheduling and timing. I first conducted an in-person interview after my campus career fair, then had a follow-up phone interveiw. A few weeks later I was asked to come to the location for a final round interview where I met with some managers. I was given an offer which I later declined.

Interview Questions

• The questions were largely behavioral, with some asking me more detailed information on projects that I had worked on in the past at school.   Answer Question

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GAF in September 2014.

Interview

I talked with 5 pairs. Some engineers, managers, co-ops. It took about 3 hours because we had lunch with them, then, did a tour of the factory for an hour. They just ask you basic behavior questions and about your projects. It would be nice to bring lots of questions so that you can show them how much you are interested in the position and working for the company.

Interview Questions

• are you good at multi-tasking? have you had a conflict with a team member? how do you manage your time? if you have a time that you had to work under the pressure and how did you manage it? etc..   Answer Question

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GAF.

Interview

There were three different interviewers. A tour of the plant was giving before the interview. Each interviewer asked one to three basic behavioral questions, for example: Can you remember a time when a team member had a conflicting issue and how did you resolve it? What are some of your goals you wish to achieve in your field of study?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GAF (Dallas, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Talked to them at the career fair, they took us out to dinner that night then called couple of us from the dinner to an on-site interview. The On-site interview process was long, you get interview by a lot of people at the plant, like 7 different interviews on the same day at the plant. Also gave us a plant tour.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were behavioral, some of the interviewers repeated some of the questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GAF (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

There were two interviews on different days. The first was immediately following the career fair and the second was offered after that based on how the first interview went. The first consisted of two people and was a typical straightforward interview. The second time, they flew me to Dallas; there was a tour of the facilities, a presentation, and I interviewed with several people from different branches of the company. The work culture was fantastic, everyone knew everyone and were as nice as they could possibly be. Me and another student who were on the same flight that got delayed so we missed the lunch they cooked for all the interviewees so they insisted on ordering us a pizza when we arrived.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiations, they told me up front what the offer would be before we even started the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Ennis, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GAF (Ennis, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

Casual group ice-breaker
    round-robin style interview with about 5 different rounds of 10 minutes each

Interview Questions

• How do you juggle school, extracurriculars, and life outside of these responsibilities?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations were made for my employment, but if you communicated it with your manager i'm sure he/she would be open for discussion