GAF Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.9

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GAF (Parsippany, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty simple and easy. I applied online and got a call back in about two weeks. The interview questions were straight forward and everyone seemed happy and they put me at ease. I got a call back recently stating that I got the job! I know the next step is a hair drug test. I was wondering if anyone had an experience stories with this, is this accurate, how much hair did they take, so on and so forth. Anything is much appreciated.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GAF (Parsippany, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

I got interview through staffing company. I meet four people from HR, Manager, Director to VP. HR was very friendly, she talked a lot about the benefit package. VP was pushed me a lot, he asked many detailed questions.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GAF (Parsippany, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

Theres two rounds of interviews the first you meet with 4 different people from the department and its 30 minutes long for each person. if you get called back for the second round of interviews you meet with one more person and then get a campus tour. If you get a offer it arrives in the mail along with directions for the next step which is a background check and hair follicle drug test.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at GAF (Parsippany, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Met with four supervisors who described the job and asked mostly experiential questions. They described the basic process and some challenges I might encounter as a team member. They were very professional and I felt it was a very thorough, yet friendly, interview. The HR team members I talked to were, frankly, horrible and uncaring. The actual hiring managers were professional and thorough, though, and I would have been happy to work for them.

Interview Questions

• Q. Have you ever come up against a policy that you thought was unjust   1 Answer

An IT Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GAF (Parsippany, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview. Interviewer was several minutes late and it felt like she wanted to get off the call asap. She covered a 4 page job description with a boat load of requirements and my 2 page resume in ten minutes. From that I guess she was able to determine I wasn't a fit because I never heard from them. The interview did not feel at all professional and it was not a good reflection on the company. I had never experienced an interview like this before and I'm not sure why they granted the interview at all. They lost out on a great opportunity.

Interview Questions

• I was barely asked anything beyond what was on my resume and that was not in detail.   1 Answer

Data Steward/Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GAF (Parsippany, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

Two sets of back-to-back interviews in person following phone-screen from HR. Typical "behavioral" type interview questions ("How would you deal with xyz"). Security seems to be taken very seriously. There is security personnel in sales who attended one of the interviews. Then required a hair sample drug test.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work independently? How well do you work in a team environment? Bla Bla. Easy-Shmeasy   Answer Question

Negotiation

Short. I had assurances from HR before, beginning the interviews, that a certain minimum salary would be offered. The actual offer was significantly lower and "bonus" offer was minimal (1-2%). There was no negotiation, they claimed to be bound by a salary statement from a former employer.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GAF (Paterson, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

The process was very fast, and GAF was very good at communicating with me about scheduling and timing. I first conducted an in-person interview after my campus career fair, then had a follow-up phone interveiw. A few weeks later I was asked to come to the location for a final round interview where I met with some managers. I was given an offer which I later declined.

Interview Questions

• The questions were largely behavioral, with some asking me more detailed information on projects that I had worked on in the past at school.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GAF (Wayne, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

streamlined, thorough and efficient. I was allowed to not leave any stone unturned. The leadership team answered every one of my questions and level all my expectations with regard to goals, compensation, benefits etc. it was a very good experience

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of the greatest accomplishments you had at your former employer   Answer Question

Customer Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GAF (Wayne, NJ).

Interview

Soon after applying (possibly because of my employee referral,) I was contacted by an admin assistant in HR to schedule a screening call with a human resources rep. The phone screening was short and sweet, and I enjoyed our conversation over the phone. They scheduled me for an interview a few days later. The "interview" consisted of a skills test- verbal, math, and applied math. Pretty easy. I then met with the HR rep for a few minutes, and interviewed with three managers in the department.

Interview Questions

• Something to the effect of... What would you do if you strongly disagreed with a company policy?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GAF (Wayne, NJ).

Interview

First a phone interview, then a day of several 1-on-1 interviews with HR and managers.
    They're all behavioral questions.
    There seemed to be a lack of communication amongst those involved which drew out the process to be longer than necessary.
    Afterwards there was even less communication and follow-up.
    so, there was few women and even less POC.

Interview Questions

• None were hard but be prepared to be asked the same ones over and over. Have your answers thought out and prepared.   Answer Question