GAIL Interview Questions in New Delhi, India | Glassdoor

GAIL Interview Questions in New Delhi, India

Updated Jan 8, 2017

3.2

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GAIL (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

Any job related to my streem, I will try to best for my side

Intend to build career in an organization that may provide me challenging work opportunities to enhance my skills which may also lead to the organization growth.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GAIL (Noida (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

There will be two stages
    Group discussion and personal interview.
    Interview was good.
    Panel were very supportive.
    Efficient work place.
    They called in the ratio of 5:1
    Results were out in 2 weeks.
    It is a good company and a youngest maha ratna
    It is a poineer in gas industry in India. Its the future of indian public sector units.

Executive Trainee-Electrical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GAIL (Noida (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

I was shortlisted through GATE2016.
    The process consists of a GD and a personal interview. GD had some weightage but no elimination.
    First the GD took place in which there were 7 candidates. Topic was 'How much real are the reality shows?'. First 2 min were given to collect our thoughts, then 10 min for discussion.
    The interview was mostly HR and few technical questions mainly from the summer training. Their were five penal members. It lasted nearly 20mins.

Interview Questions

• 1. First question was 'Tell me something about yourself'
      2. I have 34 rank in GATE so they asked me that You might be having call from NTPC, BHEL etc so why do you want to join GAIL?
      3. Some questions regarding my training in Badarpur thermal power station, what kind of synchronization technique is used their i.e automatic or manual?
      4. What are the conditions to be met for synchronization?
      5. Why they use 110volt system in US and not 220?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GAIL (Noida (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

Resume and mark sheets of all semester was asked to be mailed along with NOC from college. Shortlisted candidates were asked to report on scheduled time and venue. Simultaneously 4 panels were taking interview. Questions regarding digital communications and optical fiber was asked.
    Analog communication's basic questions were also asked.

Executive Trainee (Electrical) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GAIL (Noida (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

The process started with document verification. My reporting time was 10:30 a.m and I was interviewed at 5:00 p.m. Panel consisted of 7 people. One among them is a lady and she is HR. Interview started with the question 'tell me about yourself'. Then they talked to me about the division process going on in A.P (i'm from AP) and also about the election results, my guess about them..etc. Then they asked technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Here I'm writing the questions in the same order they were asked.
      1. Tell me about yourself
      2.What do you know about GAIL (Go through the company web site)
      3.What is our main business
      4. What do you know about transmission
      5. What do you know about HVDC
      6. What did you observe in the Industrial training ( I did an IT in thermal plant)
      7. After repairing/before starting a motor what will you check
      8. If a motor stopped suddenly, what could be the non- electrical reason
      9. What are the various specifications of a motor
      10. what other offers/calls you got
      Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Basic questions were asked and more questions were out if the topic. Maximum questions were asked from other topics related to projects handled and hobbies etc. Some questions in chemical engineering related to heat transfer were asked and most of these questions were of basic nature only. More questions were asked from ht

Negotiation

Executive Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GAIL (New Delhi (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

The persons in the interview panel were very friendly & coperative. I enjoyed the interview & was comfortable through out the interview process. They first asked questions about my self and then move to the technical section

Executive Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GAIL (Noida (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was kind of discussion...about oneself and hobbies. Panel was very friendly and cooperative. Technical questions were asked from your favorite subject. Basic HR questions were posed about postings and future goals.

Director ( 9projets ) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GAIL (New Delhi (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

The Chairman of the PESB committee asked the question that how many EDs are working under Director (Projects). Then he asked another question about my area of experties in GAIL.

Interview Questions

• Chairman asked about an IRR and then he further asked that the Project Appriasal Report submitted by one of the consultant where IRR is less then 10%. what will be your reaction.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GAIL (Noida (India)).

Interview

Was not tough at all. You get through references. They asked me mail their reusme with a letter of recommendation. I was fortunate to get through the intern. Though normally people don't get it unless they do not have references...