GAIL’s Bakery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 7, 2018

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at GAIL’s Bakery

Floor Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GAIL’s Bakery (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

A group interview was held at one of the bakery locations in a conference style room. There were nine of us and the entire process was over 2 hours. We had to do the typical introduce yourself bit and the two interviewers asked us what we knew about the company. We then had to split into two groups and write role plays in 5 minutes to perform. After the first half of the interview we were sent outside and called back in X factor style to be told if we had been eliminated or made it to the next round where you had a one on one with the interviewers.

The interview was run by two people and they told us this was one of the first few group interviews they'd done like this, and you could tell. I wanted to ask questions about what locations we were interviewing for and what the pay was but was told I couldn't ask until later, but was never told when that later was. The role play part was frankly ridiculous and we were given so little instruction it was impossible to know what was expected of us, the whole day was very cryptic for a minimum wage coffee shop job and didn't give me a good impression of the company at all.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at GAIL’s Bakery (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

It was very friendly, they were at a job show and they offered me a trial shift immediately. The trial shift was pleasant as well. They helped me understand how their training works.

Interview Questions

• They asked me my Barista skills, and when I'm available   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GAIL’s Bakery (London, England (UK)) in May 2018.

Interview

A lady, who I could hardly understand, phoned me and asked questions. It was very noisy in the background. I answered as good as I could.
    One week later I had a trial shift. They interviewed me again. I worked for approx. two hours.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for us?   1 Answer

Chef/Baker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GAIL’s Bakery in August 2018.

Interview

Job role: "you will cook our amazing breakfasts, sandwiches with the finest ingredients and baking pastries!"
    When I got to the interview, they stated the role doesn't require you to cook or bake anything at all. Everything is delivered to their stores and all the 'chef' does is heat up the food.

Interview Questions

• We have had some people walk put of our interviews because the job description doesn't match the role, would you like to carry on?   Answer Question