GAIN Capital Client Services/Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Client Services/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GAIN Capital (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

The first "interview" was over the phone however it wasn't very formal and not really considered an interview to my standard. I was asked briefly about my background and what my knowledge of the company was. The interviewee went over the job description fully and asked if I was still interested. He then scheduled a date and time for the interview and instructed me to re-send my resume while he would reply with instructions pertaining to the interview (building access, floor and suite #, etc...).

The actual one on one interview was rather standard. Upon arrival I was asked to fill out an application. After I was done I met with 3 seperate interviewees. Two of which seemed genuinely interested in the interview process and the last which was totally disinterested to the point which I overheard one of the interviewees having to cajole him into speaking with me. All in all it lasted about an hours time.

Questions wise, they were standard entry-level interview questions. I tried to prepare myself by using About.com's article of interview questions and I could have sworn that one of the interviewee was using a print out from the website. There were multiple "about yourself" questions that he asked me in sequential order as it appears on their website that rang a bell. There were some technical questions which were finance related though from what I sensed they were not really meant to test your specific knowledge but to test your logic.

Overall, the office seemed professional yet laid back and full of young individuals. Everyone was nice and friendly. I have no complaints about the interview process or the company. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• What would you do differently if you could start your working life over?   1 Answer