GC Services Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GC Services Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Dec 29, 2016

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GC Services (Huntington, WV).

Interview

Applied on-site. Got a call very quickly asking to come in for a drug test. Passed the test and had a very short interview that basically asked about your people skills. I hadn't worked in 15 years and it didn't seem to matter. This place is a revolving door for employees.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GC Services

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GC Services (New York, NY).

Interview

Friendly, professional,quick and simple. i wad a walk in and got an interview date set up within 5 minutes of being inside filling out the application. Very professional and friendly

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GC Services.

Interview

Was called in for an interview after submitting online application. Came in dressed in business casual as was noted, nobody else interviewing did more than casual clothing. Filled out a few consent forms for background checks and such, then took an aptitude test or three on the computers. Failed the first time, went home to be called in the next day for a retry as the supervisor I'd spoke with after the testing seemed to take a liking to me. Failed a second time, they advised me they had no positions open for someone with the score I'd gotten, even though it was one of those "no wrong answers" tests. Got called in a third time the next day, asking if I could come speak to them, and I obliged. They told me literally the exact same thing they had told me before after a brief interview with a slightly-disinterested HR manager. Found the wasted trip ridiculous, so I went over to the collections side to apply and was offered a job within four hours.

Interview Questions

• Mention a time you've dealt with a difficult, irate, or picky customer and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GC Services.

Interview

Very brief interview at main office after taking computer test, then was referred to a different office for second interview (this office is where you will stay after being hired)

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your availability and punctuality?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GC Services.

Interview

You take a typing test then they take you to a room to wait until the recruiter is done hiring the person previous to you. Everyone absolutely everyone gets an offer. They tell you that there is a lot of room for improvement which is a lie. Even then supervisors and management get paid the same as a rep.

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GC Services (Lakeland, FL).

Interview

The interview process is somewhat long but it's at your own pace. It's pretty much self explanatory but the interviewer was able answer any questions you have. You complete an one on one to discuss your scores and take you drug screening. Then you're called back for your training papers

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GC Services (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process is long and repetitive. First, I did the phone interview. The HR manager informed me of the job and asked if I had a problem calling people to collect a debt. I scheduled an interview and he told me to "DRESS SHARP". However, when I arrived for the interview several interviewees were dressed like they just rolled out of bed. They first sat me at a computer where I needed to fill out an application (even though they had my resume). Then came a super easy Wonderlich test with vocab and math. The test is timed at 12 minutes and the math is simple pre-algebra. The vocabulary was mostly "which of these words mean the same".

I was then taken to a separate room for a face-to-face interview which was short. The man didn't make eye contact and he again asked me if I have a problem with calling people to collect a debt. He ended the interview with asking if I had time to complete a second interview. I was surprised and waited a few minutes for the new guy to show. A different manager entered the room and made small talk. I felt this was planned to "feel me out".

The second interview was long. I was asked the same exact questions from the first including "do you have a problem calling people to collect a debt". This man went over the laws of debt collection and never seemed to stop talking. I asked a bunch of questions and then he ended the interview with, "well if you don't have any questions..."

Total interview time: 2.5 hours with approximately 20 minutes total waiting time.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem calling people to collect a debt?
      What do you look for in a manager?
      What do you look for in a co-worker?
      Why are you qualified to work here?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me the salary I asked for. I regret not going higher.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GC Services (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from their HR person within a couple of hours. Had the interview the next day and it took 3 hours. First was the computer portion which included a basic intelligence test. Then two personal interviews with a manager and then the building manager.

Interview Questions

• How did you cope with a failure at one of your previous jobs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GC Services (Tucson, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Quick for the most part, an hour long computer test with basic credit computations and personality identifiers. You sit down and wait for an apathetic recruiter to meet you in a tiny room. After this, he/she asks you a few questions, if you get a chatty Cathy, you're guaranteed the job based on her interest in you listening to her drivel, if you get a boring Bob, you can just screw off as he'll tell his superiors, 'eh' even though he obviously doesn't give a damn.

Protip:
    I would say make sure to stress your extroversion otherwise you won't get the job from the personality portion of the test, they seem to be looking for excitable sheep only.

Interview Questions

Apathetic recruiter and received a better offer with double pay

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GC Services in January 2016.

Interview

Very professional, 3 different interviews, drug test on the spot with swab of mouth, and an hour test covering typing, math and vocabulary. Basics. Why work for us, where do you see yourself. What are your goals and plans. You will interview with the project manager they want to assign you to.

Interview Questions

• Basics. Why work for us, where do you see yourself. What are your goals and plans.   Answer Question