GC Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.8

Customer Service At Home Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GC Services (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

They had me fill out some forms online, before going to the interview. When I got to the interview (that I was told to expect to take approximately one hour) they told me that the forms had changed and I needed to re-do them. Then I had to take a one hour test/evaluation that nobody had mentioned and then I finally got to the interview. Overall it took a little over two hours. The next day I received an email regarding the outcome.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GC Services.

Interview

Was called in for an interview after submitting online application. Came in dressed in business casual as was noted, nobody else interviewing did more than casual clothing. Filled out a few consent forms for background checks and such, then took an aptitude test or three on the computers. Failed the first time, went home to be called in the next day for a retry as the supervisor I'd spoke with after the testing seemed to take a liking to me. Failed a second time, they advised me they had no positions open for someone with the score I'd gotten, even though it was one of those "no wrong answers" tests. Got called in a third time the next day, asking if I could come speak to them, and I obliged. They told me literally the exact same thing they had told me before after a brief interview with a slightly-disinterested HR manager. Found the wasted trip ridiculous, so I went over to the collections side to apply and was offered a job within four hours.

Interview Questions

• Mention a time you've dealt with a difficult, irate, or picky customer and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GC Services.

Interview

Very brief interview at main office after taking computer test, then was referred to a different office for second interview (this office is where you will stay after being hired)

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your availability and punctuality?   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GC Services (Houston, TX).

Interview

Horrible process. HR was late, and the manager rushed the interview. He asked 3 questions and barely explained the position. If he had something to do they could have scheduled a more appropriate time. Avoid this unprofessional environment.

Remittance Processing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GC Services (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Met with two supervisors for two different departments on the same morning. Enjoyed both.
    The first supervisor needed someone truly focused on MS Excel. The second supervisor needed main focus on opening and processing mail. Each needed someone who would pay close attention to detail. Integrity and dependability were key focused attributes.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I am a team player.   1 Answer

Collections Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GC Services (Knoxville, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

Over 2 hours long, got a letter saying did not get the job, included a math test on computer, quiz on personality by computer, told it would not determine if I got the job, then why do they ask you to do it?

Interview Questions

• Asked what I would do with angry client   1 Answer

General Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GC Services (Irwindale, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Overall it was good interview. The entire process took about an hour and a half(the receptionist told me ahead of time it would be about 2 hours so i was prepared). They have you fill out a form once you sign in and then they will take you to do an assessment. The assessment consist of math, grammar, and a personality test. I got a little stumped on the math and grammar considering I haven't been in school for a couple of years. The test is what takes up most of the time. After I finished, I waited in the lobby for about 15 mins and then was taken to do the actual interview. The guy who interviewed me was very relaxed and asked me basic interview questions. It was a VERY calm and relaxed interview. I did not feel anxious or worried about what I was going to say. They are having me return for a 2nd interview. So I dont know if I received the position.

Human Resources Generist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GC Services (Irwindale, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Got called in for the interview passes the skills test still waiting on the results of the background check it's been two weeks now. I am no criminal and have no record so I don't know what's taking so long

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GC Services (Knoxville, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

Very quick and brief questions, interviewer bluntly stated they had already decided whom they were hiring for the position before postings. This was just logistics and show. We could talk about anything. They already had there promoted individual taking training for the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strengths?   1 Answer

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GC Services (Wellington, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was very impersonal. The recruiter seemed like she wasn't interested in hiring anyone. She seemed like she was just reading word for word off the paper in front of her. I never even got her name because she never mentioned it. I left there feeling unsure and wondering why she let whatever problems she was dealing with interfere with possible new hires.