GC Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.9

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copperas Cove, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GC Services (Copperas Cove, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Asked questions about past experience. And current employment. Interviewer was very open and some what candid,made the interview more comfortable . she was very in-depth with the questions, and informative about the working environment.

Home Based Chat Support Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GC Services.

Interview

The process can take about 2 months but it is definitely not worth it, to get in contact with someone can take days they do not return voicemail messages and the interview is so unprofessional, When you have the interview they won't ask you interview questions but will make a decision whether there going to hire you or not, If you tell them you're able to commit to the training the pay and the hours will still tell you you're denied, the pay is low not even worth it

Interview Questions

• Do you have anything planned in the next 90 days, that will prevent you from completing the training.   1 Answer

Home Based Chat Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GC Services in July 2017.

Interview

A regrettable mess and waste of time. When I initially applied with this company, it took a month just to hear back from them. I was given some assessments to complete, one of which was about an hour in length. When that was done, I was supposed to hear back from a hiring manager concerning the next steps. The week passed, followed by another week of complete silence. Then sent them in an email to check on the status of my application with no luck. I decided to call their HR and was able to get in touch with a hiring manager. We were able to schedule a video interview. However, when the time came for the interview, the person I was supposed to interview with didn't show. To make matters worse, the hiring manager wasn't being responsive and didn't even try to reach out to see whether the interview was conducted successfully.

I had to wait the following week and a few more phone calls to reschedule another interview without any explanation as to why the interviewer didn't show. They then somehow figured I wasn't the right candidate for the job despite many years of chat support experience. As someone else said, the way you handle your hiring process reflects tremendously on you as a company. If you can't work on getting the initial things right, it can only get worse down the road.

Customer Service At Home Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GC Services (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

They had me fill out some forms online, before going to the interview. When I got to the interview (that I was told to expect to take approximately one hour) they told me that the forms had changed and I needed to re-do them. Then I had to take a one hour test/evaluation that nobody had mentioned and then I finally got to the interview. Overall it took a little over two hours. The next day I received an email regarding the outcome.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GC Services.

Interview

Was called in for an interview after submitting online application. Came in dressed in business casual as was noted, nobody else interviewing did more than casual clothing. Filled out a few consent forms for background checks and such, then took an aptitude test or three on the computers. Failed the first time, went home to be called in the next day for a retry as the supervisor I'd spoke with after the testing seemed to take a liking to me. Failed a second time, they advised me they had no positions open for someone with the score I'd gotten, even though it was one of those "no wrong answers" tests. Got called in a third time the next day, asking if I could come speak to them, and I obliged. They told me literally the exact same thing they had told me before after a brief interview with a slightly-disinterested HR manager. Found the wasted trip ridiculous, so I went over to the collections side to apply and was offered a job within four hours.

Interview Questions

• Mention a time you've dealt with a difficult, irate, or picky customer and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GC Services.

Interview

Very brief interview at main office after taking computer test, then was referred to a different office for second interview (this office is where you will stay after being hired)

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your availability and punctuality?   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GC Services (Houston, TX).

Interview

Horrible process. HR was late, and the manager rushed the interview. He asked 3 questions and barely explained the position. If he had something to do they could have scheduled a more appropriate time. Avoid this unprofessional environment.

Remittance Processing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GC Services (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Met with two supervisors for two different departments on the same morning. Enjoyed both.
    The first supervisor needed someone truly focused on MS Excel. The second supervisor needed main focus on opening and processing mail. Each needed someone who would pay close attention to detail. Integrity and dependability were key focused attributes.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I am a team player.   1 Answer

Collections Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GC Services (Knoxville, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

Over 2 hours long, got a letter saying did not get the job, included a math test on computer, quiz on personality by computer, told it would not determine if I got the job, then why do they ask you to do it?

Interview Questions

• Asked what I would do with angry client   1 Answer

General Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GC Services (Irwindale, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Overall it was good interview. The entire process took about an hour and a half(the receptionist told me ahead of time it would be about 2 hours so i was prepared). They have you fill out a form once you sign in and then they will take you to do an assessment. The assessment consist of math, grammar, and a personality test. I got a little stumped on the math and grammar considering I haven't been in school for a couple of years. The test is what takes up most of the time. After I finished, I waited in the lobby for about 15 mins and then was taken to do the actual interview. The guy who interviewed me was very relaxed and asked me basic interview questions. It was a VERY calm and relaxed interview. I did not feel anxious or worried about what I was going to say. They are having me return for a 2nd interview. So I dont know if I received the position.