GC Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2017

2.2

Bilingual Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Copperas Cove, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GC Services (Copperas Cove, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Apply online, schedule assessment and interview. Interview was well organized. typing test, same day hiring. Recruiter was awesome! She made it so worth mt time!!! Very professional and goes out of her way to assist all applicants.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GC Services (New York, NY).

Interview

You take a test, talk to human resources and then collections manager. Just about everyone who applies gets hired. The test is long, but they are constantly bringing people in. Its a numbers game for them.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply to this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Copperas Cove, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GC Services (Copperas Cove, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very long. I was there for at least four hours because the interview managers were in a meeting. I was finally interviewed by someone who didn't normally do interviews, but he had the most experience out of those who were available. Before an interview is scheduled you have to take a long assessment online which included personality, math, and vocabulary. The pay is very low and the training is too short.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a dispute with someone.
      Tell me a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GC Services (Huntington, WV).

Interview

Applied on-site. Got a call very quickly asking to come in for a drug test. Passed the test and had a very short interview that basically asked about your people skills. I hadn't worked in 15 years and it didn't seem to matter. This place is a revolving door for employees.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GC Services (New York, NY).

Interview

Friendly, professional,quick and simple. i wad a walk in and got an interview date set up within 5 minutes of being inside filling out the application. Very professional and friendly

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GC Services.

Interview

On the first day, I filled out a personality profile and took a four-part test consisting of verbal and quantitative reasoning/mathematics questions. Afterward, I had a one-on-one interview with the manager. The whole first day took 3 hours total.

On the second day, I had a 30 minute interview with another manager, followed by a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in a call center when your experience is in something else?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GC Services.

Interview

Was called in for an interview after submitting online application. Came in dressed in business casual as was noted, nobody else interviewing did more than casual clothing. Filled out a few consent forms for background checks and such, then took an aptitude test or three on the computers. Failed the first time, went home to be called in the next day for a retry as the supervisor I'd spoke with after the testing seemed to take a liking to me. Failed a second time, they advised me they had no positions open for someone with the score I'd gotten, even though it was one of those "no wrong answers" tests. Got called in a third time the next day, asking if I could come speak to them, and I obliged. They told me literally the exact same thing they had told me before after a brief interview with a slightly-disinterested HR manager. Found the wasted trip ridiculous, so I went over to the collections side to apply and was offered a job within four hours.

Interview Questions

• Mention a time you've dealt with a difficult, irate, or picky customer and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GC Services (Tucson, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Online application,after a couple of days GC Services called me in for an interview. This process took 3.5 to 4 hrs. First there was a brief paper application, then get on computer for a video about GC services. Typing test is performed(25 wpm requirement). Back to computer for scenario test, personality test, and the dreaded math test. Honestly if I had not just taken college algebra...I would have failed miserably. The math portion is intense, but I am pretty sure that there is a valid reason behind the stringent math. So study up for it. Then there was an interview with one interviewer(that went well, he was a very informative and professional person) There was a second interview with a different interviewer,he was also very nice and professional.Wait a week, GC called me in for a drug test and to sign background paperwork. The trainer and HR conducted the drug screening ( saliva-ewwww) they were both funny and personable. HR was nice and they guided me. Wait a week for background check, GC called me and emailed me with official offer and date of training start. About 2-3 weeks for process. The offer was competitive considering the market, It wasn't what I asked for,but it was more than what they posted the starting rate was- so a nice compromise. I accepted. My experience was professional but personable. I read reviews from all over the country that were not so lucky. Since moving here- I find that Tucsonians are really nice people in general no matter the setting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for GC services, and why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Collections Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GC Services (Knoxville, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

For the interview you will first complete an additional computer application, then a skills assessment test also on the computer, then the in person interview. A detailed way to select the right candidate.

Interview Questions

• final question is why should I hire you   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GC Services.

Interview

Very brief interview at main office after taking computer test, then was referred to a different office for second interview (this office is where you will stay after being hired)

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your availability and punctuality?   Answer Question

See What GC Services Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Former Account Representative in Knoxville, TN

Pros: “There are several different jobs GC services does all revolving around debt collection, for this review the contract I was on was Dept of ED in Knoxville Hourly pay is livable Bonus are...”“There are several different jobs GC services does all revolving around debt collection, for this review the contract I was on was Dept of ED in Knoxville Hourly pay is livable Bonus are like a dollar on a fishing line they use them to keep you intrigued but your not going to see one (if you do they will find a BS reason to pull it I will explain futher in the cons) Some of the people at GC are great the only problem is they dont promote the good employees or even try to keep them. Its a shame they have really good people working there, but they "hire to fire". Not many positives, besides decent pay. Training dept is great thats about it.” – Full Review