GCA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at GCA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GCA (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

First round interview lasted 30 minutes with one associate and one analyst. Standard first round banking interview. Was asked to walk them through the three financial statements and explain how they are connected. What are the valuation methods? How would you value a company in its early stages that has not yet monetized their business? I responded using a comp of EV/subscribers or EV/users or something along those lines. He said thats exactly what he was looking for. Found out the next day through email that I was invited to a superday. Superday was at their office in NY. I had six 30 minute interviews, 4 of which were 1on1 and 2 of which were 2on2. Not as many technicals during the super day but some from the associates and analysts I met. Everyone was really nice who I met, and I had some great convos with some of the upper level guys. Found out a couple days later via email that they decided to offer the position to a different candidate.

Interview Questions

• How to value a company that hasn't yet monetized its business?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at GCA (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Two on campus interviews that were all fit and asked about work experience. Overall was not very hard and the guys were nice about the whole experience. Apparently they work you pretty hard

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GCA.

Interview

Was fairly quick. Applied via OCR, had a 1st round, etc. Interview went well, had it with 2 people in the San Fransisco office. They asked me behavioral questions tailored to my resume.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GCA.

Interview

On campus recruiting - standard questions.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GCA in September 2013.

Interview

Went in for an on-campus interview for Savvian. I was interviewed by the one person on the Cal Team. Asked me the general questions (tell me about yourself, your experiences, walk me through your resume). Asked me alot about my internships and behavioral questions (tell me when you made a difficult decision, what do you on your free time, etc.)

Interview Questions

• What is your worst grade on your transcript? Why?
      What is your least/favorite class?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GCA in March 2010.

Interview

did phone interview, which was pretty simple. then came to an in office interview. met with 6 guys, mix of analysts, associates, and partners. the offices, and the building itself seemed nice. interview was pretty easy. tons of fit questions. have a good answer you can explain for "what's your favorite book you've read recently"

Interview Questions

• what was your favorite book, and why?   1 Answer

IBD Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GCA in September 2009.

Interview

Had a quick phone interview. Questions were all background, not so much behavioral. The conversation went OK but was admittedly nothing spectacular. Also asked me some basic stock market questions/news related, standard fare. He was polite, said I'd hear back if they were interested; unfortunately I didn't hear back.